Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76967 times)

Kharel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »

"This is a highwood splint. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with highwood and giant cave spider silk and encircled with bands of alder. On the item is an image of longnose gars in alder. On the item is an image of four-pointed stars in aluminum. On the item is an image of Kogsak Dwelledsalves the dwarf and dwarves in andesite. Kogsak Dwelledsalves is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the appointment of the dwarf Kogsak Dwelledsalves to the position of diplomat of The Syrup of Color in 1."

This item is worth 58,800. It comprises half the value of my current fort. Apparently the dorf felt sorry for that skeletal groundhog with the broken leg... Really, REALLY sorry.

EvilGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »

A lead blowgun :(

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »

"This is a microline door. It is encrusted with Microline. On the item is an image of a cave soya bean in microline. On the item is an image of Bustcrushers the microline door in birch"

Wow... A soya bean, really?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2010, 04:03:27 pm »

My partner got a flint crown, ecircled with flint, and menacing with spikes of bauxite the other day. She was Not Impressed.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Thrombo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2010, 03:27:04 am »

Just today I had a dwarf take over a craft workshop. He needed a LOT of bones (3 animals worth), some giant spider silk cloth, two stones, and three gems.

I went through pains to ensure the stones he used were platinum nuggets, and the gems were my three best at the time - star sapphires. I had to venture into the underground to harvest the silk and have somebody spin it. I lost three animals, as I mentioned.

For my toil:
Thebilalen, Silkymoths, a donkey bone earring
This is a donkey bone earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
Value: 1200.  :'(

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:47:28 am by Thrombo »

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

I think I need better things that count as leather....

Umrilod, Pinetunneled, a crayfish treated chitin cloak
This is a crayfish treated chitin cloak. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of a ring in crayfish treated chitin.

murhapuro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2010, 02:59:44 pm »

I had Artifact Pig Tail Thongs in one fort... Niiiiceeee...

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2010, 06:45:43 am »

Certainly not the worst ever, but it is my personal worst artifact.

Vudnisbalad, "The Tenacious Coils", a cave spider silk thong
This is a cave spider silk thong. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cave spider silk. It is made from cave spider silk cloth. The thread is midnight blue with dimple dye. This object menaces with spikes of fox leather. On the item is an image of a blazing sun in cave spider silk.

worth 4600bux
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2010, 12:04:24 pm »

I dunno if this is due to the artifact bow or just bad luck, but all three owners of an artifact bow made by one of the dwarves have been killed in ambushes when they've gone outside (even during siege). Also, they never seem to shoot or hit anything with it. But maybe I'm just paranoid. Also 2 forgotten beasts, ambushes and thieves appearing during a savage siege gets me kind of thinking about some bad luck haunting my fortress.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2010, 12:10:40 pm »

Tabar Vùsh, The Faith of Heating, an obsidian piccolo.

This is a obsidian piccolo.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with obsidian.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of obsidian and menaces with spikes of obsidian.

Basic Value: 14400 (not too shabby, but still...)

It's an instrument made of obsidian- SHARP obsidian.  It even has spikes!  You'd cut up your hands if you held it to play it!  It's alright, though, considering that my next artifact was a steel short sword.  Too bad that was a possession, though.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2010, 12:41:03 pm »

I'm loving my new bituminous coal crown, even as I get the message "Urist McSmelter cancels make coke: needs bituminous coal".

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2010, 02:01:53 pm »

It might be a prophecy. You know, King of an empire of charred remains.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2010, 05:24:48 pm »

Just today I had a dwarf take over a craft workshop. He needed a LOT of bones (3 animals worth), some giant spider silk cloth, two stones, and three gems.

I went through pains to ensure the stones he used were platinum nuggets, and the gems were my three best at the time - star sapphires. I had to venture into the underground to harvest the silk and have somebody spin it. I lost three animals, as I mentioned.

For my toil:
Thebilalen, Silkymoths, a donkey bone earring
This is a donkey bone earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
Value: 1200.  :'(

He, uh, whowhat?

JUST 1200 for all of that? I think the game dropped a zero or two. I mean, donkey boine isn't valuable, but platinum and star sapphires? What did he do, grind them to dust and apply them in a thin coating?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »

Making bone artifacts is bugged. All decorations vanish.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »

Making bone artifacts is bugged. All decorations vanish.

Argh. Think I'll be sticking with 40d a while longer, then :D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32