Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 20, Moved to The Agora)  (Read 41206 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 12, THIS IS AN ORDER!)
« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2010, 06:29:19 am »

Continue to make sure the princess feels safe.

And also I will see what I can learn from Faden about basic first aid.

And just continue to learn more about the others in general.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2010, 08:08:28 am »

Man, that was one hell of a nightmare for Para.

As for the spy, its the butler, its ALWAYS the butler. :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:22:35 am by smjjames »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2010, 09:47:18 am »

Indeed. Apparently I do everything big. Lie, Win, and dream :)

Swiftwing's location: 5 days to Ellon, 10 days to Sigma 756, 11 days to Cril.
The Wispy haven't changed course since launch, and should arrive at Sigma 756 in 4 days. No followers has been detected.

So, we have been heading away from Sigma 756?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:27 am »

The next turn, if everything goes all right, should be the last turn before entering planetary adventure for both team.

Indeed. Apparently I do everything big. Lie, Win, and dream :)
Indeed...Looks like you're the one always lucky enough to get dramatic rolls on dramatic points ;)

So, we have been heading away from Sigma 756?
Yes...Apparently the course Nimitz preplotted takes the ship away from it, and closer to Ellon. And don't question me on trigonometry, I'm bad at mathmetic in general :)

It's not yet the time to place charges, maybe you could plan out a trap for the spy?

Spoiler: Hints (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:03 am »

It's not yet the time to place charges, maybe you could plan out a trap for the spy?

I was making a joke.

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2010, 10:54:20 am »

I was making a joke.
Oops...Sometime it's a hard time for me with jokes...nevermind that!
And...Sometimes its the butler indeed ;)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:59 am »

"So, we know that the spy is one of four people. If we do not stop the spy, one way or another ... I don't even want to know what the consequences would be.
I hate bureaucracy."

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:55 pm »

"Okay guys here is my plan, we are going to place a bug in each of the king's servants quarters, step two will be spreading around that we just recieved new orders from the Navvy, stating that the crown isn't in Sigma 765, but in another nearby planet instead, and our orders are to proceed to said planet to pick up the crown and then pick up the rest of our crew from Sigma.

As soon as we catch one of those four attempting to send an unauthorized message from the ship, we will bust him, then proceed to Sigma at full speed, because if they get to the princess we're all doomed anyway.

Suggestions? This can probably be improved"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

"Sir, I don't think we've said where we are going. If we announce that we're not going to Sigma 765, it would be suspicious.

If you want my suggestion, I say you should claim that Naval Command has ordered us to abandon stealth and retrieve the crown faster, and that we'll have to bee-line for Ellon to get it. We could then send out a scanner pulse, claim that the sensors have been damaged, and that we'll have to stop for five hours so the repairs may safely be completed. I could also fake an engine break-down.

Bugging just their rooms would be less likely to get them. I think I could get teams of my engineers to set-up a series of bugs throughout the ship, monitoring who is in the area of any bugs that mysteriously deactivate themselves."

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2010, 03:03:01 pm »

I teach everyone first aid, and get to know them better.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2010, 04:16:04 pm »

"Sir, I understand what our orders are. However, there is no reason we cannot do two things at once. Would it not be wise to head towards the Wispy while we figure out who the traitor is? Listen, they already know the King is dead and probably have not had the opportunity to send out a message. Perhaps we should tell them that while on the trip they'll be allowed a private communication to home. We'd set up a communications link for them. Now, I doubt they'd risk making a video call, or even interactive video call to the twillians. It'd more likely be a coded message. Maybe let video calls work, but have any other sorts of messages never work but also give every indication that they are functioning, but instead of actually sending any data, we store it. Then we'll know who sent it, because we'll know when the message was sent and who was using it at the time. We'd also have to very closely monitor the video calls for anything that looks like it could be a message. Off turns of phrase, subtle sign language, anything like that. The danger there is they will discover the King is dead, but I don't know how big a deal that would be for them to discover."

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »

Presumably, I said the Wispy on autopilot, so I'll try to learn a few things about first aid from Faden as well. I'll try to keep the princess' spirits up, and I'll chat some more with everyone here. I think I'm starting to like Faden...a little too much. I'll try to push those thoughts away for now. The mission always comes first, and I could get discharged on account of fraternization if I act on my feelings...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:57:51 pm by Nimitz »

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:38 pm »

A note: The actual modification haven't been done to the ship's sensor yet, that's a plan of what it will be like if the modification went without problem...modification itself is a separate roll.
Turn 12b
-----------
  2421.11.21 1100 hours

Spoiler: Informations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sector Map (click to show/hide)

EDIT1: Messed up Batista's identity again...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:48:11 am by NoctisVampire »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 12b, So...An urn?)
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »

Para makes a face at all of this, "I don't like this situation one bit. If we miss the rendezvous with the Wispy it could be beyond disastrous. Couldn't we just fly by any planet and scoop up some rock, and carve it ourselves? All it has to be is freshly hewn stone, correct? So we grab some rock, and I am certain we could carve it ourselves. It might not be beautiful or anything, but it would work without putting the Princess and the entire galaxy in danger."

Para thinks for a while, "Captain, also, could we not do an intense sensor scan of each of the rooms of the servants, and try and detect anything unusual? A weapon or some sort of secret recording device would be a dead giveaway."

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
Re: Dramatic Space Adventure RTD! (Turn 12b, So...An urn?)
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2010, 11:28:51 am »

"I think we're getting close." I say, stretching out my limbs. I step out of my seat in the cockpit and sit down with my comrades, next to Faden. "I'm sure things'll go smoothly. If it doesn't, well...we'll be ready for it." I smile, patting Faden on the back.

I'll just try to keep the mood light during our approach.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27