Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23845 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)[STARTED]
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 02:34:12 am »

I will commence the training of a unit of cavalry.
My archers will probe East light green, a unit of Light Longswords will probe East brown and the other Light Longswords will probe East brown.
Uh, probing the same country with different units? Might want to fix that. ;)

Unit>summary.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:38:20 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 02:36:41 am »

I will commence the training of a unit of cavalry.
My archers will probe East light green, a unit of Light Longswords will probe East brown and the other Light Longswords will probe East brown.
Uh, probing the same country with different units? Might want to fix that. ;)

Unit>summary.
Oops. I meant to say "a unit of Light Longswords will probe East brown and the other Light Longswords will probe East orange."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:32 am »

ALSO, just noticed that Cavalry should take more than two seasons, do you still want them?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:48 am »

Sorry I meant just one unit of longswords would probe.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2010, 02:40:13 am »

ALSO, just noticed that Cavalry should take more than two seasons, do you still want them?
Yeah.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2010, 02:50:52 am »

I send one light longsword to both East: Yellow and East: Cyan. I send my archers to East: Salmon.
So basically scouting everything around me.
I also begin training a unit of Spearmen.
The Kingdom of the Living River sends a diplomat to the Republic of the Port, offering a mutual defense agreement and a trade agreement. Through unity comes strength.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2010, 03:03:15 am »

Sorry I meant just one unit of longswords would probe.
...Do you also want to probe Center green with one? You can do that you know.

Roll to amount: 6. Nine. (WHY is the dice being so mean?)
Roll to counter your units: 4. five of their units counters yours. (I mean really.)
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. Your units counter some of them. (This is just ridiculous.)
Five Longswords, Three Town Watches, One Archer.

It would be a suicide mission to attack them.

I send one light longsword to both East: Yellow and East: Cyan. I send my archers to East: Salmon Pink.
So basically scouting everything around me.
I also begin training a unit of Spearmen.
The Kingdom of the Living River sends a diplomat to the Republic of the Port, offering a mutual defense agreement and a trade agreement. Through unity comes strength.

Your archers are readying to scout, but quickly realize that they would have to go East yellow to get there. (action canceled, if you want them to go there you have to move them though east yellow first, and that means talking with the natives...)

East cyan:
Roll to amount: 4. Five.
Roll to counter your units: 2. one of their units counters yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. Your units counter some of them. (Why is three so common here?)
One Spear, Two Town Watches, Two Light Spears.

East yellow:
Roll to amount: 4. Six.
Roll to counter your units: 4. three of their units counters yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 1. Your units counter none of them.
Three Longswords, Three Light Longswords.

Spearman>Summary.

I really am wondering how the dice even expect you guys to even win this game, I might just give you guys a bunch of extra troops next turn if it keeps going like this.

ALSO: it would be nice if you tell me when your turn is done so I don't have to check throughout this entire thread. And turns should go faster after the first turn.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:10:37 am by Tarran »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:13 am »

roll two: Roll to how many of them counter your units, Lower means less.
// This seems basic at first but why are we begin countered while probing.???

It means how many of them will counter any units adjacent to their country if they are your units. Yeah, not much thought put into this, but I have enough stuff to care about. When someone fights it's going to be even more of a hell for me.

roll three: Roll to how many of them are countered by your units, lower means less.
// Less means bad for us with this one right???
Yes, it means worse for you. Town Watch seems to be the 'worse than basic' unit, Angry mob is the only unit worse then a Town Watch (and thus can only be made by neutral countries.
   Just to clarify, this means you roll a dice to see how many of their units counter our, ie, how many of their units are of a type that is strong agains our troops, then you roll a dice to see how many of their troops are week against ours.
   I like this system very much, i think it makes sense and is very well thought, but it is also a bit exotic, so you should be more precise when explaining it to people: when we see "counter" we think counter atack, we think counter our actions with a nullifying action...

also, i've thought of a couple features i wanted to give to my nation, if you allow, you are free to reject these, or tamper with the numbers to make them more balanced
    *my nation is a republic, so if i chose to, i can democratize the regions i conquer. i can concede them citizenship and form a regional government with elected locals. this makes the people like me, and will make units trained in this nation to have one extra morale point, but this also take time, so my regions can only start producing troops the third turn their in my possession, instead of the second
    *as my nation has a fair and popular system of government we can try to convert neutral countries. when a country is converting another it cant produce troops, and it will take the same number of seasons as the troops that defend that country to convert it. for example, if i wanted, i declared that my capital was converting center dark cyan, it would take 10 turns for it to become mine, and i couldn't create additional units during these turns

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 01:04:26 pm »

Tarran, I think there should be just one counter-roll. For example, what if both sides roll a 6? You can't have both sides counter each other...
So you could have one, and if you roll a 6, all their units counter yours; if you roll a 1, all your units counter theirs; 3 and 4, most don't counter.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 01:19:37 pm »

Tarran, I think there should be just one counter-roll. For example, what if both sides roll a 6? You can't have both sides counter each other...
So you could have one, and if you roll a 6, all their units counter yours; if you roll a 1, all your units counter theirs; 3 and 4, most don't counter.
Problem is then we would end up with very narrow rolls, since 6 and 1 are so common, Maybe I'll roll two dice instead and use your system. I'll try it out next neutral generation.

roll two: Roll to how many of them counter your units, Lower means less.
// This seems basic at first but why are we begin countered while probing.???

It means how many of them will counter any units adjacent to their country if they are your units. Yeah, not much thought put into this, but I have enough stuff to care about. When someone fights it's going to be even more of a hell for me.

roll three: Roll to how many of them are countered by your units, lower means less.
// Less means bad for us with this one right???
Yes, it means worse for you. Town Watch seems to be the 'worse than basic' unit, Angry mob is the only unit worse then a Town Watch (and thus can only be made by neutral countries.
   Just to clarify, this means you roll a dice to see how many of their units counter our, ie, how many of their units are of a type that is strong agains our troops, then you roll a dice to see how many of their troops are week against ours.
   I like this system very much, i think it makes sense and is very well thought, but it is also a bit exotic, so you should be more precise when explaining it to people: when we see "counter" we think counter atack, we think counter our actions with a nullifying action...

also, i've thought of a couple features i wanted to give to my nation, if you allow, you are free to reject these, or tamper with the numbers to make them more balanced
    *my nation is a republic, so if i chose to, i can democratize the regions i conquer. i can concede them citizenship and form a regional government with elected locals. this makes the people like me, and will make units trained in this nation to have one extra morale point, but this also take time, so my regions can only start producing troops the third turn their in my possession, instead of the second
    *as my nation has a fair and popular system of government we can try to convert neutral countries. when a country is converting another it cant produce troops, and it will take the same number of seasons as the troops that defend that country to convert it. for example, if i wanted, i declared that my capital was converting center dark cyan, it would take 10 turns for it to become mine, and i couldn't create additional units during these turns
I might introduce government next turn, but they will only have a minor (but important) impact on your side. Converting countries... No, I want everyone to attack each other for land, becauselotherwise it would lead to a quite boring game where outlying countries of a nation convert other player's countries while inner countries recruit nearly unbeatable amounts of troops to protect those converter countries. So government next turn, converting, likely never.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2010, 01:23:50 pm »

i was proposing it just for neutral countries, not for player controled ones, but ok, i accept your point.

so, who hasn't played yet? can we advance this turn?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2010, 01:27:52 pm »

Here's what next turn looks like (note the recruiting seasons are based upon how many turns after the first turn until they are done)

TRAIN:

Wimdit: light longsword, 1 season.
Paranatural: Longswords, 2 seasons.
Askot Bokbondeler: Light Spear, 1 season.
Neyvn: Light Calvary, 1 season.
Emperor Jonathan: Light Calvary, 1 season.
Ultimuh: Archer, 1 season.
Archangel: Cavalry. 2 seasons.
Canalan: Spearman. 2 seasons.

MOVE:

Neyvn: Archer to Dark grey.

DONE:

Neyvn.
Askot Bokbondeler.
Ultimuh.

So as far as I can see it, we still have five players that have not used up all their unit's turns/said that they are done, I'll wait for a few more hours, and then make a post allowing you to vote if I should continue on anyway.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2010, 03:54:43 pm »

Ok, I was confused as to what all we could do. I send my other longsword out to probe the light green to my east and the archers to the wesy (What is that? Light gray? Light blue?)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2010, 04:05:33 pm »

Ok, I was confused as to what all we could do. I send my other longsword out to probe the light green to my east and the archers to the wesy (What is that? Light gray? Light blue?)
West is Glacier, it's passable (you can move units though it) but you can do nothing else with it, it's a no-man's land, no-one owns it, and no-one can. I'm going to test the new counter rolls on your probe if you don't mind.

Roll to amount: 6. roll to two choices (9 or 10): 3. Nine units. What luck.
Roll to counters (two dice, 2-12): 6. Two of their units counter yours.
Two Archers. Two Longswords. Five Light Spears.

Ok, your archers are moving across Glaciers and should be able to probe West cyan or West yellow next turn.

And the way I see it, your turn is done. Ok everyone, seems like everyone has done what they wanted to do (sorry whoever didn't do everything they wanted to do). So next turn is in progress...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:08:39 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. [Turn 1, territory gained! Bad dice.]
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:09 pm »

Turn 1.

TRAINING:

Wimdit: light longsword, 1 season to go.
Paranatural: Longswords, 2 seasons to go.
Askot Bokbondeler: Light Spear, 1 season to go.
Neyvn: Light Calvary, 1 season to go.
Emperor Jonathan: Light Calvary, 1 season to go.
Ultimuh: Archer, 1 season to go.
Archangel: Cavalry. 2 seasons to go.
Canalan: Spearman. 2 seasons to go.

MOVEMENTS:

Neyvn: Archer to Dark grey. No opponents. Territory gained!
Paranatural: Archer to Center Glacier. No opponents.

BONUS UNITS: Since the dice are so cruel. One Longsword and one Spear have been delivered to the capitals of all players.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15