Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23783 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)[STARTED]
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »

I am going to specialize in archers, how many can I train per turn?
One per country, so the more countries you have the more you can train at a time, units take 'seasons' to train, 'seasons' are turns, I make the unit training slow so that I have a less likely chance to get 'information overload'.

The Kingdom of Bristing begins its Year Training Light Calvary. The Young Men of the Kingdom, Train hard and fast over the next couple of Seasons. Perhaps to live up to the old Legends of the Bristing Knights of old...

A Messenger on a fast horse packed light travels over the North Western Sands of Gaia towards the North Point and the Lands of the Emperor Jonathan. A Non-Aggression Pact and Trade Pact in hand. The Non Aggressions is straight forward and common knowledge, but the Trade Pact offers an opportunity for the two Kingdoms to increase their National Income as well as supply each other with unavailable resources denied to the two Kingdoms...

(Basically Tarran, something like an increase of training as long as we remain at peace or something of the kind.)

Two Scouts (both Swordsman) head in separate directions with orders of recon over hostilities, one heading to the North Western Sands while the other to the South Western Sands...
Fine, I guess I can deal with this, you get a season reduced from training every three seasons (starting turn three), but breaking this sets your training back four seasons.

Unit added to summary.

Dark red rolls:
Roll to amount: 2, one unit...
Roll for their units to counter yours: 5. all of them (one) counter yours.
Roll for your units to counter theirs: 4. beaten by their roll of 5 (They have only one unit, what else could I do?).
You spot a Longsword!

Dark gray rolls:
Roll to amount:1, completely empty. (Wow, lucky.)

I feel bad for everyone else, you got so lucky in those two amount rolls.

I am going to specialize in archers, how many can I train per turn?

one every two turns per region you control
Sorry, but you are wrong.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:32:41 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 10:18:43 pm »

Specialize in Cavalry, agree to Neyvn's pacts - as well as demanding the northern sands so that I am not trapped in my small peninsula. Start to train 1 light cavalry.

Demands withdrawn, territory not necessary.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:12 pm »

Also, Specializing does nothing. You can't Specialize, You can Roleplay that it's your Specialization, but it does nothing in-game.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »

i am wrong? archers take two seasons to train, you can train one at every country, so, that makes one every two seasons for every region you control...where am i getting it wrong?
also, you prbably didnt saw my previous post, i'm still confused with counters

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

Ok, so I wait 3 seasons to train one unit iof longswords? Hope they are worth a shit. I sit and twiddle my thumbs, I guess.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 10:31:40 pm »

i am wrong? archers take two seasons to train, you can train one at every country, so, that makes one every two seasons for every region you control...where am i getting it wrong?
also, you prbably didnt saw my previous post, i'm still confused with counters
Pardon my lack of reading correctly, sorry...

Ok, so I wait 3 seasons to train one unit iof longswords? Hope they are worth a shit. I sit and twiddle my thumbs, I guess.
You can probe neutral states (explore them and make them generate units now) with a unit and hope one of them is weak enough. Then attack them if they are. You start with two Light Longswords and one Archer.

Edit:
Specialize in Cavalry, agree to Neyvn's pacts - as well as demanding the northern sands so that I am not trapped in my small peninsula. Start to train 1 light cavalry.

Demands withdrawn, territory not necessary.
Added to summary.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:33:33 pm by Tarran »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 10:40:05 pm »

Fine, I guess I can deal with this, you get a season reduced from training every three seasons (starting turn three), but breaking this sets your training back four seasons.

Unit added to summary.

Dark red rolls:
Roll for your units to counter theirs: 4. beaten by their roll of 5 (They have only one unit, what else could I do?).
You spot a Longsword!

Dark gray rolls:

Right then, so did I just lose a unit then??? Do I need to leave a Unit in a Territory to lay claim to it???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:21 pm »

i used up all my units right?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 10:47:14 pm »

Unit added to summary.

Dark red rolls:
You spot a Longsword!

Dark gray rolls:

Right then, so did I just lose a unit then??? Do I need to leave a Unit in a Territory to lay claim to it???
You lost no-one, those units just can't do anything else in this turn. You just need to move units into the empty territory to take it.

i used up all my units right?
Unless you specify which units you used in that probe, yes.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 10:52:35 pm »

I'd like to explore the territory immediately adjacent to my home territory with one long sword.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 10:58:48 pm »

I'd like to explore the territory immediately adjacent to my home territory with one LIGHT long sword.
;)

Roll to amount:5, what luck... seven troops. (oh...)
Roll to counter your units: 1. None of them counter your troops. (Wow, you were lucky)
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 4. Most of their units are 'countered' by yours. (yep, very lucky)
You spot 6 Town Watches! You spot one Light spear!

Note: one unit added, neutral specific. The absolute worst unit possible.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »

ah, k then, i used the archer, i now take a swordsmen and scout center brown and another to scout center cyan

what happens if the enemy counters me :\ i still dont get it

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:39 pm »

The emperor were sitting on his throne resting his tired head on his palm, listening to the two advisors argue about the current situation.
There semed to be no end to their babbling and high-pitched outbursts.
When suddenly they were interrupted by someone entering the Throne Room.
Both of the advisors were looking at the figure standing befopre the Emperor.
"The preparations are complete, we will begin to move the army shortly."
"Good." Said the Emperor. "You are both dismissed, I have made my decision and I will discuss this no more."
The two advsors seemed to give up on this, the emperor's word was final afterall.

The Golden Empire moves 2 light longswords into the territory to the west.
And the training of archers have been started.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:11:45 pm by Ultimuh »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2010, 11:20:19 pm »

ah, k then, i used the archer, i now take a LIGHT swordsmen and scout center brown and another to scout center cyan

what happens if the enemy counters me :\ i still dont get it
*Sigh*, when a unit counters yours that means they are the absolute worst thing that that unit of yours can fight. So the absolute worst unit a Light Cavalry can fight is a Heavy Spear, the Heavy Spear counters the Light Cavalry, the units that counter yours is based upon the units in the surrounding area. And the lower the roll, the less units counter yours, and the less they counter yours by.

Center brown:

Roll to amount: 3. 4 troops.
Roll to counter your units: 3. some of their units counter yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. some of your units counter theirs. (What the heck? three threes in a row?)

Two Town Watches! Two Longswords!

Center cyan:

Roll to amount: 6. Ten of them. yikes.
Roll to counter your units: 1. You're in luck, none of their units counter yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. Your units counter only some of them.

Four Light Spears! Four Light Longswords! Two Town Watches!

The emperor were sitting on his throne resting his tired head on his palm, listening to the two advisors argue about the current situation.
There semed to be no end to their babbling and high-pitched outbursts.
When suddenly they were interrupted by someone entering the Throne Room.
Both of the advisors were looking at the figure standing befopre the Emperor.
"The preparations are complete, we will begin to move the army shortly."
"Good." Said the Emperor. "You are both dismissed, I have made my decision and I will discuss this no more."
The two advsors seemed to give up on this, the emperor's word was final afterall.

The Golden Empire moves 2 light longswords into the territory to the west.
And the training of archers have been started.

This is a bad idea, you have no idea what troops they have. You could end up with 10 units that counter yours for all you know. Are you sure you want to do this?

Unit added to summary.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2010, 11:23:35 pm »

To finish my turn my archer moves into the South Western Sands (Dark Grey) and Claims it for the Kingdom of Bristing...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15