Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My first attempt at an RTD - The 5 dwarves of the plains of slade.  (Read 5327 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all, after enjoying playing other peoples RTD's i thought id give it a try my self. Dont exspect a very good background/into, im going to be brutaly honest.

Background:

The five dwarfs, after an adventure filled (to there dislike) journey through killer bogs, haunted forests and the occasional magma man, had finaly made it to the dwarven city of "nashon kulet" or as the humans called it, "The Bloody Abbey". The city was famous in dwarven history for being the first city made near the centre of the earth. It is also remembered to be the last of such citys, due to its many masacres by the forces of magma, dwarf men and women going mad from what they called "Magma flu", which made people belive real magma was flowing through there vains and also for it's dodgy nobles. Once the people of the city left, it was rumored that a small group had stayed at the dwarven king him selfs request and had found untold treasures.... How ever this was five decades ago, during which time an almost scared state of ignorance had started about the misery of Nashon Kulet.

Intro:

"Well this place is a dump isint it?" said one of the five, coolie flicking a spec of magma off his shirt. "Ow shut up you Urist McAwsomepants, we arent even at the famous gates of gatal" said the leader of the group. "Ageless?... I wonder why they call it that...", said the third dwarf who was the groups butcher/cook/medic. "I'm shure we are going to find out soon just shut up and keep walking", said the forth dwarf, a somewhat angry hauler, who had been draging his donkeys for the last 5 hours due to them being scared of magma. "Well the faster we leave, get the gold and gems, the beter. Im even starting to wonder if they are worth the trouble", said the final dwarf, a son of a nobles, who had then became a knight of the kings order, his heavy armour and weaponry in his pack hadint helped his attitude on the journey from the wagon. "I reckon its a big lie about all this rubish of massacres an......", as they turned the corner they came face to face with a large pile of bodys, in there hundreds, all of them dwarfs, how ever most of the gore had either molded away..... or eaten. "Shit", said the leader, as the once tough dwarf of the group emptyed his stomach all over the ground. "This isint go-......", and with that all the dwarves looked up and stared into the  face of the gate of gatal........

OOC: Sorry if it sucked, but you win some you lose some.

Household rules:

No, you arent getting super mega death fireballs for no reason, so dont even try, ok?

Should someone in the list of people not reply for there person for more then a day or so, you will be replaced. I dont want this going cold turkey because someones holding it up.

If, (sorry, when) someone passes away, i will make it another dwarf is sent after them to help (AKA a new persons turn), how ever should there be a reason the group coudint get any more help at some point (someone does a major flop out and caves the roof in maybe), then your going to have to wait. Sorry.

Rolls:

Autofail:Your going to blow up the gate using a toothpick and a piece of rock? It ant happening.
1:Woops, that was a flop, when this is rolled the character is due to have an unpleasent time.
2:Yeow, that will sting, when rolled the character will normaly injure them selves attempting to do this, how ever death is unlikely.
3:So close, yet so far, when rolled, nothing will hapen, good or bad.
4:Thats more like it!, when rolled the desiered effect will happen, how ever it wont be Quite what you wanted.
5:Yes! Thats it!, When rolled the event will go awsomely, evrey ones happy.
6: That was aws-.. LOOK OUT!, Wow well done, you did so well you blew the whole 5 mile area up as well as that door?
Autowin: Open the door, nothings wrong with it? Shure.

Health and mental capacity are used here.

Health bar starts at 10
Mental at 15
And medical overall at 20

These caps can be made higher or lower depending on rolls of some types etc.

Dwarfs:
Coolieo dwarf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Expediton leader dwarf Name:Dostust, controlled by maxicaxi

Butcher/cook/medic dwarf Name: Flint, Controled by: Flintus

Hauler dwarf Name: Urist McMelter, controled by Paranatural

Noble warrior dwarf Name: Rix, Controled by Batista

Choose a dwarf, give them a name, give them a new description if you want, what ever gender and lets get this show on the road!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:49:03 pm by nuker w »

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt at an RTD - The 5 dwarves of the plains of slade.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »

IN as the noble warrior , his name is Rix

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:39 pm »

I'll come in as the Hauler. Name: Urist McMelter
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:04:53 pm »

Race: Enlightend dwarf
Ability: Good spiritual connection, part of the holy gods warrior group, +2 prayer, +1 gods help
Disability: Commen sence clouded by gods wishs, very hostile to all things evil, -2 Going against a gods will, -1 evil understanding
Description: Born into the noble house of the spiritual enlighteners, they have always been surrounded by the holy and just, leaving there mind clouded by the wishs of other. It is thought that they were even blessed by the holy gods with his power of super strength and agility.
Items:Soft, noble masterpiece silk clothes, fancy "Order of the holy gods beret" made of leather, backpack full of very high quality blessed armour, blessed war hammer, small blessed "slasher" knife complete with jewl adorned, necklace to the king of the holy gods, blessed ring of purity to the gods.

What's the diference between prayer and god's help? And what does that blessed ring do?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:13 pm »

Prayer... Lets say its looking for guidence in minor things, im probaly going to add bonus for praying to what ever god etc etc, blessed ring... Your going to have to wait and find out  ;D

EDIT: Also the noble guy may look very powerfull (and is really) but remember, the center of the earth is more Armoks thing
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:15:34 pm by nuker w »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:12 pm »

im in as leader

edit: his name is dostust
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:26:01 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:43:35 pm »

Good, good, thats 3 dwarves, once we get the next one ill pop the "survey" of the start, you guys can put your first thing down, and then we wait for the last man dwarf.

P.S Ask some of your inter-web buddys (or RL, im not picky  :D) to join and get this going.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:50:26 am »

I'll play as the butcher Dwarf named Flint.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 07:11:20 pm »

Before this does a waltz of the frount and goes cold turey, lets get this started and wait for the 5 man.

The dwarves are in frount of the gates of Gatal, with the pile of bodys between them and the gate. It appears there is no way to open the gate from the inside, but a bit further down the wall is a visible break, yet still quite high up the wall. Also, there appears to be some gear traped in the rows of the dead ahead of you.

Key: !-Slade @-Protecting wall #-Ground *Gatal L- Slightly broken wall ^- Magma &- Pile of bodys %-Dwarven group
@L@@@@****@@@@@@
!######&&&&####### ^ ^               
! !#####&&&&####### ^ ^                               
! !#####&&&&####### ^ ^                               
! !################ ^ ^                             
! !######%######### ^ ^

The donkeys have the folowing supplys.

Slade demoliton gear(5 uses only, possible refill with advanced magic) , a broadsword, a months supply of food, 20 barrels of super strong ale, 10 barrels of clean water, a small information packet about the city, a map of how you got here, and a pouch filled with 50 gold pieces.

Roll to Dodge people, put your first move down.  :)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 07:26:39 pm »

Well first things first as medic dwarf it is my duty to figure out how these dwarves died...even if it is with my eyes closed and not getting bloody.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »

Move up to the gear and remove it.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:11 am »

I equip my armor and wepon!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:48 pm »

I start dragging the bodies off to a separate location to ready them for burial. Also, to reveal any equipment they have.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »

Right, this is mainly a bump, but also an update to say i gave the "coolieo" dwarf a crossbow to make that dwarves gear a bit more fair and a more important roll.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:59 am »

Sorry for the double but this needs some interest  :D. One more player needed and we can start people!
Pages: [1] 2