Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue  (Read 27261 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 5: This Runes my Day
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:56 pm »

Bind that freakin zombie, then loot.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

loot
I like looting. Looting gives you money, which can be used to buy super-fun items from me.

I take requests, too.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 07:12:05 am »

sorry but I don't think I can get a turn in today. I'm going to see iron man2 right after school with a friend
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2010, 10:53:09 pm »

Turn 6: Born in the Blacksmith

Hey, that worked well.

I cast a spell to be able to telepathically communicate with Chippy. I also stealthily head down to see what the scuffle is about, after telling Aethor to keep it down so we can see what is going on.

6) you look at your animal friend... the chipmunk, not the human *ahem* and decide you want to talk to him telepathically. you concentrate on him, finding his tiny mind. suddenly, you hear a whole jumble of words from nowhere at all. they pulse through your brain like electricity. with a shock, you realize that you accidentally connected to ALL the animal minds around you. 1) the strain is too much for you and you fall unconsciouse. 3) you send a faint signal to aethor, but he's already gone.

+3 beasteology
New spell: Unfocused Telepathic Connection**

I use my last bar of iron to create a battleaxe with a rune of amplification.

4+1=5) you barely finish one project when you get started on another, mumbling to yourself something about sharp things that cut nicely or Barbed rings that cut icey. it doesn't seem to matter much though, because your new battleaxe turns out nicely. Taking your instriments, 4) you carve the rune of amplification, shakey with nervousness that if you make another mistake, it might not have such a friendly outcome this time. but your worries are for not, for loe and behold, an Amplified Battleaxe has been born in the blacksmiths of halley.

+3 blacksmithing
+3 runecrafting
Inventory: -Iron unit +amplified battleaxe

My rolls suck. Take your Warhammer out of the strap and hit them allready!

4) you finally manage to get that hammer out of its strap and, afraid it'll creat more problems, you jump at the two men, 2) missing them completely, hitting a tree 5) shattering it's trunk and making it fall over, 2) crushing the men. you stand there I-so-meant-to-do-that style.

+5 Hammer using

No fireball I guess.

I practice fire magic as we walk, focusing on ash cloud, I want to choke my enemies.

5) suddenly, Sargoth faints, making you worried about him as you didn't recieve an answer. you were about to shake him lightly when you here a CRACK!!! you run down the trail while practicing using your ash cloud, but it was really only meant for a smokescreen getaway and can't seem to make it thick enough to do much else. you arrive on scene, seeing Morul holding a hammer next to a toppled tree that landed on two men. their back packs are crushed under the tree but their swords seem fine. you look in between morul and the tree... "My name's Aethor and I'm a fire mage, you look like you could use a partner..."

+2 elementalism

Bind that freakin zombie, then loot.

6) The zombie seems more docile now, making it much easier to bind it... and that's what you do, bind it. you completely cut off free will and thinking, overdoing it a bit. you might be able to restore it later and have a more human mind to serve you but it's a start. you tell the zombie to help loot the house of anything valuable. you get to work on the first room and strike gold, a complete library on necromancy, Fell magic, beasteology, Elementalism!! it's pretty jumbled though, so you might have trouble finding things later. it also seems that they are very old and some have been eaten at by moths and worms. you continue raiding and come across a rapier and a couple gold pieces. you have only checked the bottom floor however and when you come out into the main room, you see the zombie dragging couches and chairs into a giant pile in the center of it. you quickly order him to stop before he goes on to the upper rooms. you turn toward the pile, knowing it'll take awhile to search thorough that... you have a hideout and a zombie.

+5 Necromancy
Inventory: 5 gold pieces, rapier
New ally: Bound Zombie

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 6: Born in the Blacksmith
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 10:58:14 pm »

Frelock: Human
Spoiler:  skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: special (click to show/hide)

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
magic= none

Aethor (Batista) Elf
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:04:26 am by Terrahex »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 11:02:55 pm »

Bury the men's body's with respect so that way you could gain some karma and possibly luck, then continue to venture into the cave onto an ADVENTURE!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2010, 03:39:54 am »

Instruct the zombie to barricade the doors with the furniture in the pile, then find a comfy armchair and begin to read up on Necromancy.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2010, 06:25:48 am »

I am the mightiest blacksmith of all time. Titans quake before my might.

I'll buy a unit of iron and make a spear of durability.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2010, 06:35:57 am »

Take one of the swords on the floor and attempt to burn any vegetation around me with Cinder, then follow my friend.

((Why didn't I get any speed exp in the last turn?))

EDIT: Typos fixed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:59:58 pm by Batista »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2010, 11:31:00 am »

Wake up, I guess. Cast a spell that will create an invisible force shield in front of me and ehad down to where the noise was coming from, readying myself for battle if need be.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2010, 12:03:58 am »

Take one of the swords on the floor and attempt to burn any vegetation around me with Cinder, then follow my friend.

skills like speed are generick and easily forgotten to include. don't let me forget stuff like that. I'll give you a +1 because it wasn't much of a distance

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2010, 12:32:04 am »

Turn 7: team of three

Bury the men's body's with respect so that way you could gain some karma and possibly luck, then continue to venture into the cave onto an ADVENTURE!

6) even though it would be much easier just to leave the bodies there and let them rot, you feel that all species deserve respect. ignoring the man who asked to join you on an adventure, you hit the tree with your hammer so hard it knocks over another tree. you then dig a narrow shallow grave that barely fits the two bodies, burying them afterward. it doesn't give you any skills but it does make you feel good inside. somehow you feel you're being watched, but no one besides aethor is around you. you shrug off the feeling as sargoth blasts through the trees, scaring you half to death.

+5 strength
+3 digging
+3 hammer using
+1 to rolls next turn

Instruct the zombie to barricade the doors with the furniture in the pile, then find a comfy armchair and begin to read up on Necromancy.

5) you tell the zombie to block the doors off with furniture and you think he gets it. satisfied, you go to the library and look for a book on necromancy 4) finding one wiht ease. you sit in a chair and absorb yourself into the book.

+6 necromancy
New spell: Small curse* Shadow minion** Shadow Bind***

I am the mightiest blacksmith of all time. Titans quake before my might.

I'll buy a unit of iron and make a spear of durability.

4+1=5) the blacksmith give you a unit of iron for free, being enthralled by your talents. you go to the anvils and furnices again and 3) smith yourself a nice spear. you don't get around to making the runes yet.

+5 blacksmithing
Inventory: Iron Spear

1) you try to snatch a sword from a body, but Morul brushes you away, burying it with the rest of the bodies. you look at the dirt longingly, then, 1) in frustration, try to start the dirt on fire. you lose control of the magic and 1) it blows up in your face, giving you minor burns.

+1 elementalism

Wake up, I guess. Cast a spell that will create an invisible force shield in front of me and ehad down to where the noise was coming from, readying myself for battle if need be.

5) you quickly wake up feeling refreshed and decide to create an invisible force field around you. 3-1=2) you can't create a forcefield, not knowing where to begin a spell that makes one. you look around and notice aethor is gone. thinking he must've gone ahead, you run through the trees, just in time to catch him with a new fellow. introductions are exchanged.

+2 meta magic
+2 speed

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2010, 12:37:08 am »

Frelock: Human
Spoiler:  skills (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf
Spoiler: special (click to show/hide)

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
magic= none

Aethor (Batista) Elf
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 7: Team of Three
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2010, 05:07:07 am »

Go deeper into the trance.  Learn More!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 7: Team of Three
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2010, 07:29:12 am »

Runify spear with Rune of Durability. Yes, "runify" is a word. How cruel to accuse me of making up words for no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21