Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Woman of SCIENCE!  (Read 61233 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of SCIENCE!
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2010, 08:56:04 am »

You are Very Tired (extremely tired + coffee).
You are Hungry.
TIME: 7:35am

Needs updating.

The majority wanted to
Yes! Sleep, and meet him tomorrow. If you have time after sleeping and before meeting him, try to program a simpler flash game, less than 1 hour's worth of complexity, and show it to him. Ask what he likes and dislikes.

Although I'd be happy to check on our game first.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:58:03 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2010, 08:59:19 am »

You didn't update the status or time.

Work on new Tetris-style game for an hour, then meet up with dude.

Armok, what exactly are you proposing? How will it simulate what the brain wants without actually simulating the brain?
And most importantly, has it ever actually been made? Can you provide a link to, say, a news article about one? Or is it beyond man's capability at the current time?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2010, 09:01:14 am »

Armok, what exactly are you proposing? How will it simulate what the brain wants without actually simulating the brain?

By modelling only part of it, a simplified needs model. Not accurate of course, but maybe accurate enough for now.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2010, 09:02:30 am »

Blah blah blah, people correct me multiple times while I'm doing the goddamned updating.

I'm actually going to just have you eat breakfast too - until the food runs out upstairs, its a free action whenever you're home.

slightly changed post to include time coffee shop closes.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:05:12 am by GlyphGryph »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2010, 09:07:35 am »

You have brought this upon yourself, Glyph. Your game is too fun for people not to constantly refresh for updates.
Take another nap until you are fully refreshed.
Read Chemistry book for a while.

Shades, I still don't understand. How will he do this?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2010, 09:12:40 am »

It was a total of like three minutes! I don't know how you people can notice, read, and respond that fast, you bastards! :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2010, 09:13:33 am »

Yeah, Shades, your idea would probably lower psychology as the chances of anything like that in any way mirroring real brains is... err, slim, at best.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 06, 2010, 09:16:37 am »

Yeah, Shades, your idea would probably lower psychology as the chances of anything like that in any way mirroring real brains is... err, slim, at best.

The theory is you can model existing situations that you already have significant human response data for and then using that model with your new situation predict the outcome. I know there are a few papers on it. I don't know if anyone is running a successful model. Armok might know more.

Your probably right in that it wouldn't be enough GlyphGryph. I don't really know enough about to subject to give more than that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2010, 09:22:34 am »

you might be able to build a basic simulator that works to model A mind, but it wouldn't really mirror in any way the minds that living creatures have, product of billions of years of evolution that they are - unless you had a high enough psychology to make it so, that is.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 06, 2010, 09:38:11 am »

For now lets just check on our game. Or not... it might hurt our pride.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:12 am »

For now lets just check on our game. Or not... it might hurt our pride.

If it does we will deal with it. Avoiding checking suggests we don't think it's as awesome as it clearly is.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 06, 2010, 11:13:26 am »

Alright, practice coding ragdoll physics for a simple side-scrolling shoot-em-up with explosions.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 06, 2010, 11:39:49 am »

screw ragdoll physics, let's do something like Euphoria
Back to Mafia with me!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:49 am »

Hmmm.... you do that, WITHOUT DOWNLOADING IT, and come back to me. We're not that skilled yet, bub.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 06, 2010, 02:15:48 pm »

Let's check our game.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,