Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75838 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 12:39:38 pm »

Gheranaton was sitting in his mighty hall, listening to the sound of yet another volcano erupting. He liked the sound, and he was unimaginable proud. Yet, he felt lonely.

"I created a world to test the skills of the bravest of creatures.. Yet here`s no one to brave those dangers." And he pondered for a long time and finally he created many creatures to populate his world.

I will now describe how the ecosystem looks like. And what happens to the dead.

I create many creatures, including:

A race of humanoid, immortal beings, who just look like me. But they only have two arms and wings and are much smaller. They live in the great stone hall, which i name "Refugium" henceforth. They are acting as my servants and are sustained by the violent nature of the world itself. I just call them "firstborn". They also see to the needs of my chosen ones and recite their heroic deeds in never ending ballads.

Then i create several dinosaur like creatures, both great and small in various shapes. Some of them are herbivores and eat the sparse vegetation on Incendium, but most of them are carnivores which eat flesh. Imagine them as standard dinosaur like creatures, really.
Some of them can also fly. They drink water.

The magma seas i fill with fish, giant snakes, giant tortoises (The shells of them might be used to build boats that are able to cross the lava seas.) and kraken who are able to survive in the lava. They eat each other but are also partly sustained by the lava. The krakens and the sea snakes also have a habit to attack land dwellers, if they come within reach.

The pools and rivers filled with ordinary water are inhabited only be harmless fish.

Then i create several strange elemental creatures. They aren`t born like natural creatures but take spontaneously form. Notable kinds of elementals include:

-Thunder Birds; Which are consisting of smoke and lightning. They feed on thunderclouds.

-Stone Giants; Which are giants in various forms (Some of them look human, some of them mimic the other wildlife.) They are very aggressive and as their name implies made of rocks.

-Fire Spirits; Sometimes a fire on Incendium becomes "Sentient". Those Spirits then take simple humanoid forms and attack anything in sight. Usually they live only a few minutes.

-Withered trees; Some of the (usually dead and burned) trees of incendium are sentient and lust for blood. They grab creatures with their branches, crush them and then drink their blood with their roots.

-The Ceased; They are "spirits" which reanimate dead bones.. They are also bloodthirsty and hunt the living. Once their stolen body is destroyed they seek a new one.

-Magma men; They live in the volcanoes. Whenever a volcano erupts they follow the magma flow and slaugther every living creature they encounter. Once a eruption is over they return to their volcano and wait for the next.

-Avengers; They are the most strange of elementals. They look somewhat human, but with twisted, demonic, features. Whenever someone on incendium shows cowardice one might appear to fight that wretched creature. If a coward summons up enough bravery to fight the avenger honorable he is absolved of all his sins. Though, most of the time he also dies at the hand of the avenger. Those who don`t fight the avenger honorable are confined to a dark place deep within Incendium where they have to face their greatest fears. For all eternity.

I also create some non elemental, non dinosaur like creatures, like:

-Great Worms; Which are really, really, big worms that burrow through the hard soil and even through solid stone. They gorge the countless minerals that are buried within the earth. They occasionally burrow to the surface, where they often fight other creatures. They can`t survive in magma and are anxious to evade it.

-Giants; Which are giant humanoids. They have a primitive, nomadic culture centered around honorable combat. If they die the brave and honorable ones are reborn. When they are reborn they remember nothing, but the foes they have slain in their previous lives.

-The Ferals; Those are normal sized humanoids. Their skin is dark and like the giants they live in nomadic tribes (Most of the time. There are some settlements, usually located in somewhat sheltered places.) Some brave ones even sail the magma seas with boats made of giant turtle shells. They are intelligent, but they rather think of survival than of science. They hunt dinosaurs to feed themselves and need to drink water.

If one of the ferals dies in a heroic manner he is taken to the refugium and revived. From now on he is immortal and whenever he dies he is reborn the day after. They practice their fighting skills the whole day and feast every night. Most of them also wander Incendium from time to time in search for creatures they can fight.

-Dragons; (Do i really have to describe them?) They are intelligent, giant lizards with wings. They can spew fire. They are the most feared predators on incendium and they eat every other, living, creature. They drink lava and are immortal; Though they can be killed in combat. If a Dragon dies he is taken to the refugium where they live on as honored mounts for my chosen.

All other creatures simply perish when they die.

If i still have enough power to do something (Well, i just created a complex ecosystem..) I`d like to search for other gods in the void with similiar interests.

I do like most of the things you created, but you do realize that you just created a lot of not just living, but also sentient beings all at a single time? That is going to take a lot of acts. :P But it's okay. So, just so I won't misunderstand; You created small basic populations of all those creatures, am I right..?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »

Small populations of the non elemental ones.* ;) The elementals fade in and out of existence spontaneously.. They are sentient in a way but act more like a force of nature.

*However, the numbers should be big enough so that the races survive and multiply.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:43:33 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »

Small populations of the non elemental ones. ;) The elementals fade in and out of existence spontaneously.

Alright. I like them. Although there will be consequences to all of those creations. (But ones that will not ruin them, don't worry.)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »

I`m prepared! Their lives can`t be worse, anyway.  ;D

Though, i won`t search for other gods now but i`ll remain in my hall instead.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:47:47 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2010, 12:48:01 pm »

By the way, I was wondering whether it would be desirable if I made an OOC thread for the game now that it seems to get so much (to my opinion) interest? Then this thread would be less cluttered, more game, and more awesome overall.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »

I concur.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:26 pm »

That's what you think~♪

I'll probably wait for a couple more actions before I jump in.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:51 pm »

That's what you think~♪

I'll probably wait for a couple more actions before I jump in.

Let`s say not much worse. Their whole planet is trying to kill them.

When you wake up in the morning half your tribe was most likely killed by a tsunami/storm/hurrican/avalanche/volcano/blizzard/magma geysir/meteor/sinkhole in the night and the surroundings have changed drastically. One part of the survivors will be eaten by some dinosaurs till lunch and ere you can bury them some asshole spirits reanimate their bodies. Thinking it can`t get worse the surviving ones decide to move again, just to be eaten by some Trees. Oh, and because you flinched during one of those events you are now hunted by some demon.

Great life.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:59:22 pm by Lordinquisitor »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2010, 01:04:20 pm »

Well, yeah, only marginally.

Still, it can always get worse.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »

Finally finding a hold on the very fabric of the Multiverse, Carnis heaves. The rip is loud and can be heard from both of the stars. Carnis tumbles out of the breach, pushed by those more aggressive. He grabs one and strangles the life from it, adding it's essence to his own. He looks for more gods to consume, but those left are already established. Growling, he leaves them and pays more attention to his surroundings.
  He looks at the great black expanse of the Universe. There are no stars, So he creates them. They are little more than pinpricks of light, however, not supporting so much as an orbiting grain of sand. He gathers the stars and arranges them in patterns of mystic significance, bestowing benifits upon those born beneath their light.
  Feeling used up, and hating it, he speeds off to create his own world...

-Carnis creates Stars!
-Carnis creates the Constellations!
  *The Bear: Any born beneath the Bear gain great strength, but are often not the brighter sort.
  *The Magi: Any born beneath the Magi's gaze are granted both a weakness to magic and a talent for the mystic arts
  *The Shade: Those born beneath the Shades Malignant symbol are stealthy, but prone to an early death
  *the Spire: those few born below the Spire find natural leadership qualities they can't explain.
  *the Seven Eyes: those born below the Seven Eyes are blind, deaf, and mute. They can see the future, past and present however, if you can find a way to speak to them.
  *the Siblings: those born beneath the siblings are linked. They will die, however, if their Link is killed as well.
  *Xorn's Fist: No-one knows what happens beneath Xorn's Fist, only that great power comes of it. Power as likely to consume you as your enemy...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »

Going to try to get off a quick reply, Natus is a little hung over from last night still... :'(

As the Planet Natus created in his image took shape, he smiled with approval. The atmosphere that was created would travel far and wide to the planets of his siblings and allow them to sustain their own life. In this way, a part of Natus would be with all of them.

He looked up at the sky, noting the new palace-like moon that orbited Natus with approval. His creations would benefit from the Artistic powers of his sibling Coradin

As Natus walked among his new world, plants and flowers sprung to life and grew wherever his feet fell, he would now create two trees that would guide the growth and development of his new world.

Create the Tree of Life: A massive tree that dwarfs even the tallest greatwood on Natus. Everything around it grows and prospers. It is rumoured that one can gain immortality by consuming the fruit that it bears. It's trunk is the starkest of whites. With lush green leaves and a red pomegranate-type fruit.

Create the Tree of Knowledge: Like it's brother, the Tree of Life, it too dwarfs the trees around it. Creatures that eat the fruit that grows on it's branches will gain great awareness and maybe even sentience. It's trunk is gnarled as if a wise and sagely face peers out from the bark at those that look at it. It bears a green apple-like fruit, and blood-red flowers.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »

OOC-thread now existent. I will now comment acts there, along with all other talk that isn't flavory/gamey.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55836.0

PS: I love you all for making running this such an interesting venture for me.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 03:43:08 pm »

"hmm... everyone else is making a planet, maybe i should too!" and elan created a world, a small, perfectly ordinary world. he decided "that place looks lonely!", so he created strange jester-like things (re: the first kernelsprite in MSPA), and gave them a passion for banjos.

elan creates a small, perfectly ordinary world.

elan creates jester-like objects with a fondness for banjos.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »

As Luna rested from the act of creating her own star and world, she gazed out, watching her brothers and sisters shape their own worlds. She watched proud and noble Gheranathon populate his world in a flurry of activity, bringing forth strong and mighty beasts of both flesh and the elements, and blessing some with the gift of thought. She saw the empty night sky fill with numerous points of light, glittering like her beloved crystals, bringing a beauty to the night sky and bathing their worlds in a subtle magic. She observed the creative Natus bring two trees of vast power into existence on his world of natural beauty. Even the merry Elan created a small world for himself.

“The void is becoming a place of beauty,” Luna said to her fellow deities. “But there are too few here to appreciate these wondrous works.” Luna again went to Aether, and looked over the shimmering lands. They were beautiful, but they were barren. But it would not be so for long. Taking a handful of the crystalline sand, Luna shed a drop of silvery blood on it, filling the sand with life. She tossed the living sand out over the shimmering plains of Aether. Where each grain of sand landed, slowly, roots began to grow. Tiny plants sprouted up from each grain, varying in a myriad of different ways. Some grew into tall, mighty trees, with white trunks and large dark green leaves to feed off the gentle light of Maia. Some were small ferns, with long silver grey trailing leaves, coating the ground. Some grew up on stalks, bearing flowers like gems and nourishing fruits like pearls. Some clung to the sides of the crystal mountains, and grew long vines with flowers of deep blue. And many more besides.

Luna took up more sand, and shaped them into two forms. They were tall and graceful, with white skin and hair. They bore fair faces, and long pointed ears. She put blood in their veins, and breathed life into them. She made them into male and female, to be a companion to one another. Luna blessed them with thought and wisdom, and bade them to rise.

“Awaken my children, and live. Join me in this young world, and share in creation.” Luna bade them. And thus, the Aether elves were born.

Act 1: Create varied plant life on Aether.
Act 2: Create Aether elves and bless them with intelligence

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 04:56:54 pm »

ELVES?!?!?!?!
I know what my next act is to be!!!
MUhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! Ha!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56