Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75817 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2010, 11:42:16 am »

Dragnar notices the creation of a meeting place for the gods and moves to take his place on one of the thrones inside. He speaks not a word, but instead merely watches, it is not in his nature to act impulsively, and he knows too little of these other gods for his liking. As he waits he summons a group of his favorite minions. They are known as librarians, immortal beings without a physical form that make good messengers and who will tend to the library while he is away.

Dragnar summons immaterial caretakers called librarians for the library.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2010, 11:48:27 am »

"Brothers and sisters" Gheranaton called to them. "It looks like Coradin created a meeting place for us. I don`t hear the voice of trumpets calling out our names and no epic ballads; But it will serve."

Gheranaton sat down on one throne.

"I call out the first celestial council!" He bellowed. "I think you all felt what i felt and it`s time to talk about it, i think."

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:54:21 am by Lordinquisitor »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010, 11:49:17 am »

"so can i sit here?" elan asked again.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:20 am »

What was this horrible sensation? It wracked the body of Natus, the pain bringing tears to his animal eyes.

The tears fell, down from the sky up high and his cries of pain created lightning and for the first time in it's short existence, the entire planet was rocked by violent thunder storms.

But as soon as it had begun, the pain, and the storms had vanished. But all was not right with Natus, or the rest of the void for that matter. Natus flew down to the Tree of Life and observed his creation, underneath his branches on the lush soil below lay the fruits of life. The fruit itself looked over-ripe, ready to burst at a moments notice. And it stayed that way. No matter how long Natus stood and stared, his plants would grow, yet there was no end to their existence. With no death, pain would grapple all those in life... But Natus could think of no ways to remedy the problem.

It was at that moment, Natus was alerted to another presence on his world. Creations of his sibling, Coradin had fallen from his palace and landed safely on his planet. Arriving to observe these strange stone guardians, Natus could not help but take pity on them. Loyal servants cast aside by their master... perhaps his brothers and sisters were also dealing with this new sensation of pain. Natus could not turn these new guests away, it was not in his nature. Instead he would welcome them and offer them a chance to live in his Utopian world. He would treat them as he treated his own creations.

But what was this? A call of some kind... He could sense his brethren gathering. The beckoning grew and he knew he could not deny them. Natus cared little for the politics of his siblings, but even he could not deny that there was something unnatural about what was happening. Perhaps they would know why the pain had come....

He arrived in the hall of thrones, still taking the shape of the giant five-tailed fire fox. He always felt most comfortable as an animal... though sometimes it felt good to spend some time as a tree and just exist underneath the warming glow of the black star that Natus orbitted. padding down the hall lightly he looked at the thrones one by one until he spotted one that suited him. There was something strangely calming about this place though he doubted even the magic of this hall would be able to protect them from the waves of pain that Natus feared were growing more frequent. He noted several of his siblings had already gathered. It had felt like an eternity since he had seen them in the Essence.

"My siblings..." he spoke gently, his voice was even and relaxing, like the waves on the ocean. "Pain grapples with my senses and I am at a loss of how to remedy it. All over my world, creatures and plants alike seem to know no end to their mortal existence. Surely, you too have felt this?"

Natus offers the fallen Stone Guardians a place on his world. Granting them free-will. They will be allowed to stay as long as they respect the balance of the planet.

Store 2nd act

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 11:57:48 am »

The Chained God glared at the idiot bard, hoping to get it through his thick skull that there were more important things than seating arrangements. The Watcher In Darkness strode forwards, raising up both its arms in greeting. I too have felt this pain, The Dead Dreamer's voice a thunderous boom, and I wish to remedy it. I propose to cast the souls of the dead into the void. The Emperor of Chains fell silent, hoping its colleagues could supply different ways to solve this problem.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »

Coradin nodded his thanks to Gheranaton and listened to Natus.

' It is good you all heard my call. I have no doubt you have experienced... whatever happened earlier. We must find out what caused it.
It seems the world has been locked in an ending-less stasis. Does anyone else have any means of... fixing the situation?'
he said, looking around. His brothers and sisters were not all there, but there were enough for a 'Council'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:47 pm »

I recognize this pain, Coradin. It is the pain that the Overgod is feeling, the pain that comes from the mortals not allowed to die. The ones who crafted those mortals was foolish; where would they go, after their time was spent?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 12:09:42 pm »

I fear that i`m partly at a fault.. I`m not ashamed of creating my creatures, for this lies in my nature, but i`m bound by honor to help them.

I could take any brave hero that dies to my refugium, where they would live forever. This might lessen our pain.. Though, what shall happen to the others, i don`t know.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »

Luna screamed as Xarn’s pain filled her senses. She fell to her knees, clutching at her head. Tears fell from her eyes, and fell to the surface of Aether. There, they carved gouges through the land, tumbled through the mountains, and pooled into depressions. Her weeping gave rise to rivers, waterfalls, and seas on Aether.

But as suddenly as it came, it departed, even as her newly born Aether elves rushed to her side to aid her. She got to her feet, and looked about her creation, a fresh sense of worry filling her. Her creation was beautiful, but she could see now there was a terrible imbalance. All around her life abounded. All life, and no death. This error was obvious to her now, but she was not sure how to correct it. But perhaps the collective wisdom of her brothers and sisters could solve this problem. For a time, she left Aether, and went to Refuge. Already, some of her siblings had gathered. She took a throne for herself.

“Brothers, sisters,” Luna began, her gentle voice in sharp contrast to the harsh tones of the chained god. “We have created many things, and I am pleased the void is becoming a place of beauty. But, in our haste to fill the void, I fear we may have erred. On Aether, there is much life, but no death. The aether elves do not age, but continue on in an unnatural immortality. I imagine that it is the same with other forms of life. We must bring balance to our creations. We must limit their days.”

“But though there is not one of us who is experienced with death, the chained one is right. We must tend to the souls that will be released. Since there is no afterlife yet made, I propose that we let the souls be reincarnated, rather than sending them to wander the great nothing for eternity.”
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:36:39 pm by Fortis »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2010, 12:16:20 pm »

You are a strange one, Coradin. Why do you burden yourself with mortals? They are but motes of dust in the Void, insignificant little nothings that disappear as fast as they appear. He turns from Coradin to Luna. Why, fair one? Why do they deserve to receive such an honor? They are worthless.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:44 pm »

Coradin frowned. Family or not, this Chained God seemed alien and distant to him.

' We are not the only things capable of creation. They can create wonderful things, art, if you're familiar with the concept. I love seeing what they build, sometimes so similar to our little constructions. We share the power of imagination, and they aswell can create something that will last aeons, even if they themselves pass away.' he paused and chuckled ' Plus, they can be very funny.'

He turned to Luna.
'Reincarnation does sound adequate for now. I myself do not have anything against it.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »

Gheranaton shook his head.

"My dear brother" He said to the chained one "They might be inferior, yet they feel and are able to perform heroic deeds. You should have heard the tale of Hrudin Dragondrowner who wrestled a dragon and tried to drown him; first in lava then in water and finally in his own blood." He chuckled.

"None of them died, as you can imagine, and so i took both into my refugium. The dragon and Hrudin are pretty good friends now."

Then he turned to Luna.

"Reincarnation? Some of my creatures already do reincarnate. I think it`s a good solution."

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:35:02 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2010, 12:35:45 pm »

In the long run, all their works amount to nothing. Their art, their hopes and dreams, they cannot hope to stand the test of the ages, cannot hope to withstand the might of the Void. I still stand by casting their souls, or what's left of them, into the Void. As for the dragon... I might have heard of it, yes.The Chained God found this alien affection for such insignificant beings almost troubling.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »

Do what you want, then. My warriors deserve something better than to be thrown away like some old toy.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2010, 12:41:26 pm »

This foolish affection will only bring you pain in the end,The Chained God noted in is deep rumbling voice,but I am in no position to tell you what to do. I only want what will benefit us most.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56