Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75819 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:55 pm »

As the essence splits, releasing more gods into the universe, Dragnar sees his chance. Slipping through the other gods, too distracted by the chance at freedom to notice him, Dragnar arrives in the cosmos unnoticed. For now he is content to watch the other gods work, he has eternity to make his mark on their worlds.

He does, however, do something for himself: exerting a small portion of his power, Dragnar creates for himself a resting place, his home in this world. It is a giant library filled with books on any imaginable topic, and containing a separate wing, empty for now but made to fill itself with the exploits of heroes as they occur. At the center of the library lies a scale model of the universe, a real-time map that can view any part of creation with perfect clarity. The library is slightly out of phase with the rest of the universe, located just far enough into extra-dimensional space to be impossible to reach or even to perceive without powerful magic.

Dragnar create a giant library containing a map of the universe that cannot be seen through mundane senses.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 07:54:32 pm »

Since Diety's seems to have died...

Name:Aarrook
Sphere(s): Paradise, Artifects, Color
Personality/traits: Aarrook is an honorable fellow, and only seeks to turn the world into paradise, but wishes no one to interfere.
Appearance: When Aarrook takes form, he is shown to be a cloak, with light, which is assume to be eyes, in there proper places. When he meets with other gods, he prefers also showning two spectral hands, just in case he has to fight.
History: There was a time where Aarrook was in another existance... this existance does not exist anymore, but Aarrook seems to have escaped.
Alias (To Mortals): The God of Refugees, The Seeker of Paradise, The God Who Created Himself
Alias (To Other Gods): The Cloak, The Formless
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »

And so, Xarn's touch did once more tear open the Essence of Foundation, and thus did the Second Generation of Gods Surge into the Universe. And they did Surge mightily, as the new-born Gods did bowl over Carnis, the first of them, sending him Tumbling into the Void as they Emerged. Furious, he reached forth and smote down the nearest of his impudent Siblings, Destroying Him Utterly, and absorbing His Essence unto Himself.

He then turned to the Third of the Second Generation, whom did emerge from the Essence as a blot of inky Darkness, deeper than the eternal Void itself. But while He had been occupied with His Task, the other Gods, like Himself, did Manifest; the Darkness coalescing into the form of a comely woman, garbed in black. And He did Growl with Irritation before he turned to his Work, for the Gods, once Manifest, could not be so easily Slain. And the new Goddess, whom would become known as Satae, did Blow Him a Raspberry, for it seemed like the Right Thing to Do.

And then, unfortunately, I run out of creative steam since I spent like two hours writing a retardedly long and verbose post for an Act I eventually decided against.  :-\

So, without further ado:

Satae creates a small planetoid and sets it on an elliptical orbit around the Universe; going from dangerously close to the planets, to far, far off in the enveloping depths of the Void, where she plots mischief. The ore it's made of and her trident are made of Mythril, a magical super-light and super-tough metal, chunks of which, rarely, rain down on the planets as meteorites.

Save the other Act.

(I may fill in the flavor text at some point, but probably not because it's late and more importantly I'm a lazy bastard.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:56:06 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 10:00:53 pm »

The Chained God finally feels the barrier fall, and it bursts through the barrier, sending a shockwave that resounded throughout the empty universe like a great shout in an empty room. If any eyes turned towards the Voidwalker, it did not care. The Chained God surveyed the empty universe, its piercing red eyes missing nothing. It saw that the other deities were already spinning worlds and lives from nothing, letting the ethers drift away into nothingness, wasting hordes of resources. How inefficient, the Voidwalker thought. In its own little corner, the God of Forbidden Knowledge began to gather up strands of energy and weaved them. Slowly, the clump of ether had formed a small ball, which grew bigger and bigger, until it was a world, larger than anything that had been made so far. The surface of the world was covered in pregnant storms raining acidic waters onto the surface and volcanoes hurling the churning innards of the world onto its crust. The Chained God named its creation Ss'vadgrin, after a half-forgotten hero that had stood out in the Voidwalker's memories. Next, The Watcher In Darkness lifted a single hand, the fingers contorted into a claw-like shape. With a earsplitting roar, the deity slashed its hand downwards, and ripped a hole into the Outside. With a bellow, it called forth its children, its minions that had served it for so long. The first one who arrived was Vhaedriss, a shifting mass of a green, mucous-like substance. It extended a psuedopod in a sign of respect for its overlord. What do you need, oh my master? Its grating voice could be hardly heard over the rumbling of the chaotic planet below. This world... It is your home. Bring your people. the blob shivered in response, and slid back into the portal. Its servants would come. It needed rest, for that had drained it. It was an acceptable side effect.

The Voidwalker creates the Ss'Vadgrin, a huge planet covered in volcanoes and storms. It is uninhabitable by anything living in this universe so far. The Chained God also contacts one of its servants from outside this universe, and commands it to bring some of its people, which are suitable for that environ. The servants will come when The Chained God regains strength.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 10:04:25 pm »

Haha, I knew you were waiting for me to post before you did.  :P

Also, sweet; we have our first evil deity. And he's bringing forth Hidden Fun Stuff from beyond the stars! Awesome!
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:05 pm »

The Chained God isn't necessarily evil. He's Neutral at best. He just does not care for mortals.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2010, 10:16:56 am »

Coradin creates a species of living statues of all kinds to act as servants in the Palace, and if needed, guardians.

Coradin also moves the Palace to the orbit of Natus, to serve as it's moon and grant massive artistic talents and a wild imagination for any living creature born under it's gaze

Gheronaton..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This took you three acts, bringing you to -1 at end of turn. (As you grant immortality, sentience and lots of cool things to your creations) This, however, will not yield repercussions, as the amount you start a turn with is the amount that matters.
Gheronaton renames his great hall to 'Refugium'

Alex creates the planes, and adds Dwarves to the mountains.

Carnis creates stars (I might be picturing it wrong, but those are not like the stars already created, right? They are like pinpricks on the edges of the void? If I am wrong, tell me in the OOC thread and I will correct it, including the flavor part of this post.)
Carnis creates the constellations

Natus creates the Tree of Life
Natus creates the Tree of Knowledge:

Elan creates a small, perfectly ordinary world.
Elan creates jester-like objects with a fondness for banjos.

Luna creates varied plant life on Aether.
Luna creates Aether elves and blesses them with intelligence

Dragnar creates a giant library containing a map of the universe that cannot be seen through mundane senses. -- This act takes up two acts, because of its magnificent features.

Satae creates a small planetoid and sets it on an elliptical orbit around the Universe
Satae keeps one act

The Voidwalker creates the Ss'Vadgrin, a huge planet covered in volcanoes and storms. This took two acts..
The Chained God also contacts one of its servants from outside this universe, and commands it to bring some of its people This one was free.

Xarn's awakening was one accompanied by a great pain. His immaterial form emitted waves of this pain through the universe, transferring it to all of the lesser Gods. The torment was over as soon as it began, and Xarn noticed change. His gaze was drawn to a particular planet, one he had seen before already. Within an instant he arrived on Incendium, the pain growing at an alarming rate. The view that he was granted was one of great displeasure to him: Imperfect creation. Gheronatons' world set to life, the inhabitants waking up in a violent world. With a focus greater than that of all the Gods together he watched as the first fight commenced. A dragon swept down onto a feral, its claws tearing it in half. The dragon took the lower body into its mouth and flew off to explore its homeworld. Xarn wasn't interested in the dragon, though: His interest lied solely in the defeated feral..

Xarn moved more quickly than before to gaze upon the creations, pausing at some, his worry slipping into the minds of all Gods. Before his eyes passed Aether, and, although his admiration of the Goddess Luna's work, tried to get a grip on his mind, he moved on. His attention was barely caught by the planet Ss'Vadgdrin, which was so heavy that it remained on its place, the black star not capable to set it into motion. He did not notice planet Natus, the quickly growing gargentuan trees and its palace moon. Elan's world was hidden to him by another clouding of his senses by pain as it started following Natus in the same motion. Xarn roared, once more tormenting the Gods by releasing his own pain. Dragnar's library was as visible to the greater God as it were to mere mortals, Satae's now slowly moving planet hoarding a new god stared upon without interest, and, as the God reached the constellations, he kept emitting pain to all of the Gods, falling into a painful and restless sleep, tortured by dreams of death, of the upper body of a feral breathing in disbelief and pain. His nightmares made the constellation of Xorn's fist glow violently, as they tore the Essence in a way that it never happened before..

Ss'Vadgrin takes a fixed position in the universe.
Elan's world follows Natus in its trail as it orbits the black star.

A universe without death
All Gods are now tormented by terrible moments of pain, all lasting briefly.
Xarn is now 'sickened' and tormented by the lack of death.
All things living are currently falsly immortal
There is a new gap in the Essence, this one will only let through a God with the sphere of death, and then close again.
The situation will worsen every turn unless a God of the sphere of death shows up and finds a place to 'rest' the normal mortal souls Note: Gheronaton's Refugium will still act as a place of afterlife for the ferals that show the special condition for obtaining their real immortality there.

Tell me in the OOC thread if you're frustrated by the newest developments, if I forgot something, or if you've got something to comment.

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Luna: 2
Natus: 2
Coradin: 3
Gheronaton: 1
Alex: 2
Elan: 4
Carnis: 2
Satae:3
"The Chained God": 2
Dragnar: 2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:30:40 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2010, 10:22:22 am »

"OW! OW! OW!"
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:25 am »

Suddenly, there was nothing but pain. Coradin's mind did something very natural to it; it went mad.
Dark flames engulfed his form, burning away all the colour from his clothes. The flames then exploded outwards, racing down the side of the Palace.
Where they touched his Guardians, the living statues collapsed, some falling off the Palace itself and being dragged to Natus by the planet's gravity.
Coradin stood up and leapt up, crashing through the top of the tower.
The Guardians were getting back up, something which surprised him. He had not designed them to be immortal.
As Coradin begun to think, he realized the pain was fading away. With that, his mind stabilized and his form begun to change back to normal.

Something was wrong. He needed to talk to his sibling gods. Also, somewhere he could concentrate.
He designed a perfect silver sphere, with a single room lined by thrones for him and his fellow gods, with an amazing feeling of calmness that affects all who enter.

When it was finished, Coradin sent an invitation to all his siblings to come join him there.

Coradin drops a few of his Guardians down to Natus

Coradin creates the Refuge, a meeting- and relaxation place for gods

Coradin creates a massive beast of living stone to serve as his personal mount and the protector of the Refuge.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:02:55 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010, 10:49:16 am »

The Chained God felt its immortal form wracked with pain that lasted but a moment. Its immense stores of knowledge inferred it on the lack of death and of a caretaker of that sphere, in the universe, and this somehow amused the deity. , it thought. It opened its great tome once more, and chanted in its low voice that grated in the Void like great rocks clashing together. It reached a crescendo, and streams of red fire shot out of the Voidwalker's mouth. These fell towards Ss'Vadgrin, and created great beasts of fire and shadow. They rose, and began to stalk the lands, searching for hostilities. The Chained God was pleased, and went off to heed the call that it had heard.
The Chained God creates Shadowfiends, elementals composed of flame and darkness. They are simple minded beasts that guard Ss'Vadgrin, slaying anything that was not perceived as loyal to the Voidwalker, the definition of such loyalty could be changed by the deity at any time. They do not have souls, and are recreated a ways away from the place of their 'death'. It saves one Act.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:46 am »

"THE PAIN!" Gheranaton screamed, trashing around wildly and killing several of his devot minions in his madness. And then the pain was gone as suddenly as it came.

"What is happening to me?" He muttered.

At first he was pleased with his creation.. Already his halls were welcoming the first heroic guests and he feasted with them and listened with them and enjoyed their tales of honor and victory.

But maybe what he created was wrong or flawed somehow? He needed to know the truth.

I start to search for the other gods. My firstborn will be my stewards on incendium.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 10:55:50 am »

"hi there!" elan says, seeing gheranaton.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 10:58:17 am »

Coradin sensed a presence approach the Refuge, something cold and calculative, but family nevertheless. He readied one of the thrones for his form and prepared to greet it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 11:06:02 am »

The Chained God approached the Refuge. It had inferred by the wards and spells around it that this was a place constructed for meetings of the pantheon. It bypassed these, understanding that the deity that would let the Voidwalker in. It found itself standing in a room full of thrones, possibly for it and the others, It saw the lord of this hall, a human garbed in a robe of shifting colors. Greetings. The Chained God lowered its hood, baring its dreadful visage to the other deity.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:59 am »

elan saw the refuge. "hey, that looks cool!", he said and floated of towards it. when he reached it, he saw the other two gods, and asked, "can i sit here?".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56