Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?  (Read 13544 times)

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 10:24:56 am »

Chaotic neutral, which is the same as me in real life
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:52 am »

The test stated me as Chaotic Neutral. I'd say I'm border-lining on Chaotic Evil here.
That's only what the Man wants you to believe, bro.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42:47 am »

Neutral, usually on the side of not negatively affecting others, but not fighting for a bias. I'm not better than others, I just look better than them
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 10:44:15 am »

This needs a poll so we can see a summary.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 10:47:38 am »

True Neutral, that's boring.
Makes sense though, since all you lovecraftian horrors have such inhuman morals as to be undefinible by our pathetic moral codes.
This needs a poll so we can see a summary.
I don't think I can add one now can it?

Also, gonna throw out this website with other personality tests just for fun. Feel free to post results here too
http://similarminds.com/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:49:43 am by piecewise »

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:22 pm »

Neutral - A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbours and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Pfft, everyone knows morality is just an abstract concept that does not really exist. right and wrong actions exist as far as some actions are more overall beneficial than others, and the Buddhists got it wrong: Logic and reason, the ability to make decisions, observe situations and draw conclusions entirely free of emotion or presupposition is true enlightenment. Have I achieved this? Hell no. Will I ever? Hell no. Should we stop trying? Hell no.

And that's my world view ^^

I hate a lot of these questions. Like in that other not-D&D one for example "114) My own happiness and success are more important than the happiness and success of others.", well they are more important to me than anyone elses (it's my life I'm living), but I recognise in the grand scheme of it all they are as unimportant as everyone elses...So what answer do I give? :S
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:27:09 pm by TheDarkJay »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:04 pm »

Neutral - A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbours and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Pfft, everyone knows morality is just an abstract concept that does not really exist.

I hate a lot of these questions. Like in that other not-D&D one for example "114) My own happiness and success are more important than the happiness and success of others.", well they are more important to me than anyone elses (it's my life I'm living), but I recognise in the grand scheme of it all they are as unimportant as everyone elses...So what answer do I give? :S
Yeah, some of the questions seem pretty off at times, but you have to remember that sometimes those questions are not about what they seem to be about. That question for instance more then likely expects you to extrapolate out like you did and as such it's answers are based more on forcing you to make a very cut and dry decision in a nebulous circumstance.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:16 pm »

Spoiler: Cattell 16-factor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Advanced global (click to show/hide)

Hmm... I've changed a good deal over the past year or two.  I hope I'll be able to change back to the person I used to be, or at least somewhere near it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:28:36 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:31 pm »

I tend to get wildly different results in alignment tests, depending on what mood I'm in and what I think a particular question means at the time.  And thats just with the same test done on different days.

"Wildly different" as in anywhere from LN to CG.

I also find it amusing when they also calculate your race, as if a large proportion of those taking the test are somehow not "proper" humans.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:44 pm »

Neutral, probably because I picked stuff from both ends of the spectrum and it averaged out.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 12:52:13 pm »

hum it said chaotic evil =P
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 01:53:13 pm »

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

As the divine unicorn, I must stay impartial. 

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 02:09:30 pm »

@Aqizzar: That sounds like a good description of CE, better than what it usually is in games, which is 'rawr I attack them'.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 02:29:21 pm »

I ended up with neutral evil, How is looking out for yourself evil?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »

Neutral Evil is more than willing to hurt other people to get ahead or stay alive, and will take that option over most others.

True Neutral is less than willing, and will only do so when there is no other option.

Neutral Good will never hurt someone to keep themselves alive.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10