Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?  (Read 13540 times)

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where you in the D&D moral alignment?
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »

Neutral Evil is more than willing to hurt other people to get ahead or stay alive, and will take that option over most others.

True Neutral is less than willing, and will only do so when there is no other option.

Neutral Good will never hurt someone to keep themselves alive.
Hmm interesting, must re-read players handbook once I get home.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »

Another thing; (From the mind of a lawful, mind you.)

Lawful = Stays within laws and rules. And expects others to stay within them too. Except for the worst of laws. Lawful characters ideals in short; Justice.

Neutral = Stays within laws and rules when they are right, Ignores them when it seems like it it would be good for them. Neutral characters ideals in short; Middle point.

Chaotic = Opposes law and order, you could say that they don't really care about justice. They get the job done how they want to. Chaotic characters ideals in short; Freedom from oppression and rules.

So, for example: A Lawful Evil means someone who, while evil, respects the rules of the game. A Chaotic Evil means someone who does the game however they want. A Lawful Good means someone who upholds justice, often respecting the rules more then most of all the other alignments. A Chaotic Good means someone, while good, plays however they want, Slightly more respecting to the rules then Chaotic evil, whether they like it or not (due to being good).

These are just a few examples.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:06:22 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2010, 05:48:13 pm »

Neutral...   I don't get this 'True' Neutral thing people speak of.    Its description is so... confining. 
What is this seeking balance and taking no sides garbage I see under the AD&D description on Wiki
The TV Tropes description uses basically the same.  'True' Neutral Comes in two flavors: Keeping the Balance and Just Doesn't Care

We are no arbitrators to this world.  We do what we must.  Driven by the next paycheck, by one's empathy, by what one believes, by what one wants... 

And if there is no reason or drive to do anything for any side, that is when a true neutral does not take a side....

...  The presence of TV Tropes... just blunts the whole meaning of what I just ranted.  Oh well.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2010, 06:50:47 pm »

I'm Lawful Stupid. PURGE THE HERETIC!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:05 pm »

Chaotic Neutral.  Funny, I'll have to retake that quiz.  I always think of myself more as a chaotic good sort of person.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 08:12:47 pm »

Chaotic Neutral.  Funny, I'll have to retake that quiz.  I always think of myself more as a chaotic good sort of person.
neutral can still be good, he's just not obsessed with it. Chaotic neutral can be a good Samaritan while chaotic good is more of a freedom fighter.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2010, 08:17:04 pm »

Neutral. Hmm. Interesting.
"Does what seems to be a good idea." You know, that sounds pretty smart, I can roll with that.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 08:38:27 pm »

I found it to be interesting,but the choices could have had a bit more variety.as i said earlier,i got lawful neutral,which i thought accurate.But most of the non-lawful choices didn't make sense,or simply were in no way lucrative enough to consider.
The questions about kingdoms seemed to be a big factor,as one different answer led to neutral instead of lawful,versus answering differently a lot elsewhere to no effect.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »

LN: seems typically Canadian.
(ADoM: causing the use of the abbreviated form, even long after you stopped playing regularily)
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2010, 10:20:20 pm »

I am too lazy, but I would get neutral, true probably.
I don't care about anything right now...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 12:15:12 am »

I am too lazy, but I would get neutral, true probably.
I don't care about anything right now...

True Neutral, also known as Neutral Lazy.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 12:27:33 am »

Always remember that your actions determine your alignment, not the other way around.  Remembering that is one step to never being That Guy.
Shoes...

Pathos

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 12:31:44 am »

Always remember that your actions determine your alignment, not the other way around.  Remembering that is one step to never being That Guy.

Cthulhu is incapable of taking the test, for obvious reasons.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 12:32:21 am »

I already took it, I was True Neutral.
Shoes...

Pathos

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 12:33:57 am »

I already took it, I was True Neutral.

You sadden me with your "whoosh-over-my-head"-edness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10