Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, now a Barony!)  (Read 7160 times)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, this time with wildlife?!)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 28th of Granite, 1501.

While Black-Hat demanded a pasture, the best I could do is to dig one underground. After all, we don't have any blocks yet.
I told the masons to get to work on that.

I figure the best place for the pasture will be around the pond, so that the animals will have something to drink and the fisherdwarves will have somewhere safe to fish. Underground, I have planned a place to (1)milk them, (2)butcher them, (3)tan the hides, and (4)carve the bones.
Spoiler: The pasture (click to show/hide)

Unicorns... I wish we could capture those majestic creatures, but we have neither cages nor mechanisms to build cage traps. I ordered Derm to drop the axe and begin solving the cage problem. It was a difficult negotiation, but in the end we reached an agreement where he would build the cages if and only if he were allowed to hold onto the axe.

I've had a brilliant idea to capture not only the unicorns, but any other wonderful creature that has the misfortune to wander near Losisrakust! I shall first dig out the ramps that lead from the mountains, so that our enemies must enter from either the south or the west, and then I shall surround the entire area with cage traps. I foresee no problems with this plan!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:59 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 24th of Slate, 1501.
Sadly, the unicorns wandered away, but I'm certain that they will be back again, someday. And when they return, we shall capture them and feast upon Unicorn cheese.

In their place, these villains have shown up.
Spoiler: Groundhogs! (click to show/hide)
They aren't nearly as majestic.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 01:46:53 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 4th of Hematite, 1501.
Things are going well! I've gotten quite a lot dug out, Urist has set up five cage traps, and thanks to Derm's continuing hard work,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We now have beds!

While I, personally, celebrate this fact, and use them whenever I am tired, one among us prefers to sleep in the dirt.
Spoiler: Black-Hat's thoughts. (click to show/hide)
He's always been an odd one.
Speaking of Black-Hat, I still need to get that farmer's workshop set up for him...

The other day, three goats wandered in from the mountains. I wish we had a bridge set up.

I asked Fita to go make rock crafts, but she made this instead.
Yes, Fita, it's very nice. It's like a shrine to the economy. Now get to work.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:11 pm »

Sleeping in dirt brings one closer to the earth.  ;) And mountain goats have good milk too, so all and all things are looking up.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 05:46:41 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's unpublished novel, Fortune's Folly

Chapter 4: Migrants

To my great surprise, most migrants came to Losisrakust of their own free will.

For some, it was a chance to rebel; to break away from the confines of a traditional dwarven society and establish their own identity.

Others believed that they were joining a cause, though I firmly disputed the notion that I or any of the original seven ever had an agenda of any sort.

(In the margins, a third category had been scribbled down, then crossed out. "And some were sent by certain third parties to make sure we furthered their own personal agenda. See where that got us!")

No matter why they flocked to our borders, they were (almost) always a welcome addition.

I still remember most vividly our first migrant wave...

Spoiler: Kosoth Isethaban (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bomrek Nethathel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sodel Evudkel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asen Ganadshem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ustuth Limuluz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nomal Ushatdast (click to show/hide)
It was raining when they arrived, yet as soon as they stepped into our fortress, the weather cleared up. As though it were a sign from the heavens, that "everything will work out." Of course, if you want to speak of signs, they brought our number to thirteen...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2010, 06:00:23 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 25th of Hematite, 1501.

The Unicorns are back! Okay, Derm, get your armor on and herd them into the cage traps!

Wha-?! Why!

Why would you do that?!
Now it's dead. I hope you're happy, Derm.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »

ChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChop.

Splat.

ChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChopChop
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2010, 06:28:06 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 14th of Galena, 1501.
Derm's reckless actions have done more than depress our population. They have attracted buzzards.
They circle overhead, waiting for a moment when our food stores are unguarded.
Then, with talons out-splayed; they swoop, grasp, and away.

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 17th of Galena, 1501.
It seems the thieves are out in full force this month. I couldn't stop the buzzards from making off with our cow cheese or plump helmets, but we did manage to catch this one in the act.
It called itself Shrubruler. The other ones we found soon after were known as Pugufuchreemus and Bleengis. I ordered Derm to kill them, but they moved too quickly.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »

One of the new guys needs to learn how to use a crossbow and take down those buzzards. Then Black-hat can butcher some buzzard meat.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 10th of Sandstone, 1501.
As the leaves fall, the animal's numbers increase exponentially.
Once there's free time in everyone's schedule, I think we may need to start butchering some of them.

Everyone's been complaining about the noise lately, so I'm digging out some closets temporary rooms so that we aren't sleeping in the halls.

I think Derm's been misusing his time. He doesn't even pretend to work anymore.

Ever since I set up that armor stand, all he's done is stand there and swing his axe around. It's disconcerting when I try to ask him to please make some more beds for the migrants and all he'll say is "CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOP"
I hope we get a new carpenter soon.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 27th of Sandstone, 1501.

Interrupted by WHAT?!
I knew these mountains were evil! Still, I wasn't expecting anything like this... Was this what the General wanted me to get rid of? Either way, I can't have them scaring the civilians. Derm, chop chop!

Derm now has six kills (That poor unicorn...) and is a "Skilled Fighter."
Just... clean off that axe before you come inside. It still has rotted brains on it.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2010, 02:11:44 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 1st of Timber, 1501.
Well folks, it looks like this mountain's getting more dangerous. First the thieves, then the zombie skeletons, next thing you know, goblins riding skeletal beakdogs will be ordering dragons to knock down our doors! We've gotta increase the security.

Urist was in charge of this defense, and I think he's done a great job, keep up the good work!
The first line of defense: Cage traps. There are three of them, and I hope that it's all we'll ever need.

In case the cage traps fail, we have the weapon traps, also three.

If all our preparations fail, we at least have the militia. And by that I mean we have Derm. I've started digging out a place for the military, and when it's finished it should house twelve full squads. Do you think that'll be enough?

What's that? More immigrants? Tell them to avoid the zombie goats!

Spoiler: Dodok Kodoramost (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Logem Dodokegen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadol Bimtashem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Id Mebzuthsulus (click to show/hide)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2010, 02:26:35 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 4th of Timber, 1501.
Today I saw a turtle! At first I thought it was raw glass, but it started moving! Sadly, I was unable to get Fita to carve a turtle figurine for me, she was too busy smoothing walls with her bare hands.

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 14th of Timber, 1501.
Dodok was the first to notice the caravan arrive, as she was busy cutting down trees for our new carpenter. The old carpenter was busy cutting down zombie goats.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2010, 02:41:23 pm »

The following is a sample of the finest goods produced in Losisrakust in the year 1501.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2010, 03:09:44 pm »

(Any requests for next year's caravan?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8