Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, now a Barony!)  (Read 7161 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile

The Black-hat is back! I'll take Amost Orsharoslan, change his name to Amost Black-hat, he will be the butcher, with one in milking, one in cheese making, one in animal care, and 2 in animal training. ten buckets, ten barrels, ten cows, ten bulls, ten logs. Thank you :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:36:06 pm by TALLPANZER »
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, now I'm angry. The client crashed as I hit embark, so now I gotta go reload profiles. GRRR :'( >:(

I'm soooooo angry that you can't customize your team. SO ANGRY.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, that sucks. So we pick out again the dwarves we want? Or will you just skip that step and find those appropriate for us?
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just trying to find dwarves that don't completely suck right now.  >:(

Do you want me to skip the picking the dwarf step, or not?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Skip it plz. but show us what we get.

CHOP
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For time sake and to lessen your frustration, skip.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile

I hope I can at least be male, but skip is my vote
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I hope I can at least be male, but skip is my vote
Ditto on both counts for me.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's unpublished novel, Fortune's Folly

It seems an odd place to start a fortress, halfway across the world from the mountain home and in the shadow of a mountain range known as the Point of Bandits; but what few of the immigrants realized is that the founding seven, that is to say, myself, Black-hat, Derm, Montresour, Fita, Kadzar, and Urist, were not, in fact, sent on any mission. I'm not sure how that rumor started or why it persists, but it is blatantly untrue that the General, the Queen, the Diplomat, the Dungeon Master, a blind beggar, or anyone else of even the slightest stature gave us a mission.
We were exiled to this far corner of the earth for...

The following are excerpts from the memory of Ziril Kuletatol's, Spring 1500.

"-Husband? Aren't you already married?" "If all goes according to plan, not for long!" "You expect a simple laborer to find a consort for the leader of our nation?" If only I had my pick with me, I would have ended the conversation and her life as soon as she'd gotten close enough to make this ridiculous demand. "Well, not you, specifically, obviously. I just thought you might be the perfect dwarf to dig into a dangerous mountainside and eke out a fortress. It's your job to make it attractive enough to attract the sort of man I want." Someone crazy enough to leave the safety of a well established fort for one in the middle of dangerous territory? "Oh, and you mustn't tell anyone, or the project will be entirely ruined. You understand, of course? Splendid!"

"-Demons? You expect a simple miner to fight demons?" The general laughed. "Not right away, of course. I imagine that you'll have your hands full keeping your fort alive. Still, to make sure you aren't completely defenseless, I'll be sending some soldiers in with the civilian migrants" "Couldn't you just send the army?" "Don't be ridiculous. You know how often we're attacked by that eyeless antelope! Besides, the Queen would never approve. Listen, you must never speak of this to anyone, do you understand?" "Yes, sir!"

"-Genocide? You expect me to kill the entire elven race?" The diplomat nodded. "Those b------ds have been ripping us off for far too long! But you can't have the battlefield here, civilians might get caught up in it. First, you must lull them into a false sense of security..."

"-Menagerie?" The dungeon master only nodded. And then he ran down the hall, making swoosh noises as he went.

"I'm just as broke as you are! I'm just not... Y'know, blind. Tell you what, I've got this thing I gotta go do, but I'll send you some trinkets or something."

The seven of us were sitting together in the Queen's dining hall, conspiring. Our last plan to assassinate the Queen had failed miserably, resulting only in increased security and the unnerving "chat" we'd had on Tuesday. The Masons, Montresor and Kadzar, were discussing a way to drop a bridge on her. The terrifying two, "The Butcher" Black-Hat and Derm the Soulchopper advocated the straightforward approach. Just to charge through the guards. The Inventor sat with Fita, drawing diagrams.
And then I told them everything that had been said to me over the past week.
"-And now you know what we need to do. But we need a cover story to get out there..." Derm stood up, axe in hand, and said "Don't worry Ziril, I got this."

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's unpublished novel, Fortune's Folly

... and thus we were sent to Losisrakust, "FaintTombs"

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:58:54 pm by Faden »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ARGH. Okay, we are now the Faint tombs. And I have no idea what the group is called. @#$%^T&*I(

Okay, everyone is a citizen of The Prime Paints and a member of The Golden Gem.

Ziril worships Otik Absamurmim Adkat
and is friends with Black-Hat, Fita, and Kadzar.

Derm worships Ber Zassarvesh
and is friends with Urist

Fita worships Limul
and is friends with Ziril, Black-Hat, and Kadzar.

Kadzar worships Limul
and is friends with Montresor, Ziril, Urist, Black-Hat, and Fita

Montresor worships Limul
and is friends with Kadzar

Black-Hat worships Stibmer Izegrab
and is friends with Ziril, Fita, and Kadzar

Urist worships Ber Zassarvesh
and is friends with Derm and Kadzar
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:27:28 pm by Faden »

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How? How did you manage to get Fita with the traits I desired but didn't say. Fita means in my language 'fat', purely inspired by the only female there. I was kind of afraid I would end up with a skinny female, but you got this perfectly! :P

Also, she's going to be the Picasso of the dwarven world. Poor spatial sense means that basic shapes come badly to her ;)

Damn, and I don't remember how to check the group name. I don't have any fort going so I can't see. Only way I know for sure is to start engraving!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, this time with wildlife?!)
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 04:37:31 pm »

Okay, I think I patched up my mistakes from changing civs accidentally...

As for Fita? Maaaaagiiiiic!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 04:38:55 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Urist worships Ber Zassarvesh
and is friends with Derm and Kadzar

Can I learn a little more about my god?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »

Civ information:
The Prime Paints, Dwarves
 Worship List
  Limul, deity: wealth
  Ral, deity: jewels, fortresses
  Stibmer Apesglows, deity: metals, fire, the sun, nature, minerals
  Ber the Crystalline Furnaces, deity: mountains, volcanos
  Otik Searchswim the Sunny Goals, deity: peace, the rain, lightning, thunder
  NŒles Tameblankets the Legendary Lord of Fortifications, deity: duty, order, discipline, laws

King Monom Yellowinks (b.1433, Reign Began: 1484), Inherited from mother, Married
      3 Children -- Ages: 48 47 38
      Worships Limul (64%)

General Lorbam Gravelboat
   Tamed elk birds, jabberers

Diplomat Lorbam Floororbs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8