Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, now a Barony!)  (Read 7160 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, this time with wildlife?!)
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

ARMOR AND BUCKLER FOR MOAR CHOP TIME!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 03:19:22 pm »

I got a request. How about getting couple of the dogs ready for adoption. Two males, the most muscular ones. Fita likes dogs. :P

For the caravan, some gold nuggets and and black pyrope for encrusting.

I'm reading, but really in a braindead state because I'm getting burned out by the final project in college. I've never been so emotionally empty like a borg before.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 03:21:46 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 21st of Moonstone, 1501.
The trading went well! The traders had little of interest except for a III<-Steel Pick->III, two donkeys (A breeding pair) and some booze, but I made sure they went away ecstatic. Thinking a little of the blind beggar, I sent with them a small figurine of five dogs to give to him. I don't know if it will make it to him or not, but I feel better about myself for having done it.

Checking the cage traps, I found that not only had we captured a mountain goat, but three unicorns as well!
Sadly, we lack anyone with the capacity to tame the unicorns.

(I only saved one dog with "Incredible muscles", but I'll search through the puppies too. :D
what's the project on?)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2010, 03:29:32 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 21st of Moonstone, 1501.
We lost our first member today. Death by zombie mountain goats. Sodel Evudkel, loving wife and mother, leaves behind a grieving husband and two children. She will be mourned, in the hopes that doing so will appease her spirit so that it does not reanimate her body and attack her former loved ones.

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

Designing a web site where a user can create a 'Web TV channel' compiled of either streamed media from various websites, such as Ustream or newsites streaming news live. Or their channels can be essentially a playlist of various youtube/viemo/viddler/whatever videos. They even got scheduling.

And thanks for the dogs. I hope that the other dorfs with liking to dogs won't be first to snag them :P
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 04:12:46 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 30th of Opal, 1501.

Things have been going well lately; only the constant nuisance of the undead reminds me that we are still not entirely safe, and only the miasma pouring from the butcher's shop reminds me not to get ahead of myself when ordering everyone around.

I've ordered Urist to set up two stonefall traps, but he still hasn't gotten around to it. The reason, or so he tells me, is that our cage traps are unusually popular with the local wildlife, who have nothing better to do than to run headlong into them, which forces Urist to find another cage to reload the trap with.

At the moment we have six horses, two mountain goats and three unicorns.

The kobolds were back, but we scared them away before they took anything.

(Sounds like a difficult project. I wish you luck!)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:14:49 pm by Faden »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 09:36:24 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 5th of Slate, 1501.

Wolves proved to be nothing more than a target for Derm to chop down, and a bloody welcome mat for our new migrants.
Spoiler: Bembul Adasrakust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dastot Tathurathel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ast Sanrebvabok (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kol Adiltogal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kosoth Astismedtob (click to show/hide)
(Eleven days old and already walking!)
Spoiler: Atir Adilsolon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Solon Cuborducim (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mebzuth Asizstakud (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Etur Delethinod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Momuz Nefekthikut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erith Alekbomrek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: As Dorenmunest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarvesh Urolbomrek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unib Abodurist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarvesh Tosdital (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mafol Alilrigoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cilob Lelumustuth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ilral Nogleshtirist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shorast Lilarzulban (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dumat Kinkogan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ral Delethrakust (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vabok Ducimduthnur (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Onul Kivishzat (click to show/hide)

I'm sure there's someone's agent somewhere in that massive wave, but which one?

MEANWHILE!

He's drawing pictures of stacked leather and a quarry... I wonder what he's going to make?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2010, 09:38:24 pm »

Either a kick ass mechanism for a kick ass Trap/misc, or a kick ass traction bench maybe?

Is there anything else that can be made at a mechanic workshop?

Either way we get a legendary Mechanic and that is always the best thing ever.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:17 pm »

Savescum if it's a traction bench. I want artifact weapons to put in an artifact weapon trap.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 10:40:18 am »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 6th of Slate, 1501.
We slaughtered a bull specifically for it's hide, now Urist is working like mad.

And he created:

It menaces with spikes of granite and cow leather, and is worth 6000 DB.
After creating this mechanism, Urist proclaimed himself "Legendary". In honor of his achievement, I dug him out a room.

I have a feeling that this triumph will be recorded in figurines and engravings for many years to come!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 11:34:55 am »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 25th of Slate, 1501.
We nearly had a booze shortage, but with some quick picking and brewing by our herbalists, the potential crisis was averted!

I've decided that Urist's ventures outside to load the cage traps might be dangerous, what with the zombie goats roaming around, so I've assigned 5 war dogs to follow him around.

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 12th of Felsite, 1501.
The elves arrived today.
At first, I was debating whether to trade with them, or to steal all their goods like that psychopathic diplomat obviously wanted me to.
Against all my dwarven instincts, I peacefully negotiated an exchange of goods, because I lack confidence in our military... Derm aside, they're all new recruits.

Items gained from trading:
Some plants,
Some booze,
A bit of cloth,
And a metric ton of animals! (Probably heavier than that, actually.)
3 Elephants
A Jaguar
2 Bilous,
4 Black-Handed Gibbons,
2 Leopards,
A Mandrill,
A Warthog,
A Bonobo,
2 Black-Crested Gibbons,
A Silvery Gibbon,
And a Tiger.

As soon as we finished trading, it began to rain, as though the heavens disapproved of my decision...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 7th of Hematite, 1502.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not much to talk about so far this summer... I decided to dig myself out a room...

Unicorns are clogging up the cage traps again... And apparently we also caught a buzzard! I might want to think about getting a new mechanic... In fact, I think I'll make Uvash Litastteshkad the mechanic, he has a little bit of experience there.

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 7th of Malachite, 1502.
Well, I finished the vertical shaft to the top of the mountain! I wonder how far down I can dig before the pressure and heat become unbearable?

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 14th of Malachite, 1502.
Montresour has been possessed! He's wandering around the fort with a blank look in his eyes, it's extremely disconcerting.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 01:56:15 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 15th of Malachite, 1502.
Montresor is demanding metal bars. We have none, and I fear that he will not last long enough to see if the next caravan has any.

There are no wood burners, no furnace operators, and worst of all, no magma. This can't go on. I can think of two ways to solve this.

The first way: I order people around and they use wood to make charcoal and blah-de-blah-de-blah.

The second way: I dig for magma.

What should I do?

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 02:08:22 pm »

I say go with first option. Coke is good for all kinds of stuff, and magma is deep. Also, Black-Hat needs a kennel.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8