Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: D&D for unhappy roleplayers/gamers. [4e, Scales of War] GAME HAS STARTED.  (Read 22016 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: D&D for unhappy roleplayers/gamers. [Version Undecided]
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »

Yeah, just average person would probably be neutral or neutral good.  Chaotic Neutral characters tend to be retarded.

Not half as bad as Chaotic Evil. Or, god forbid, Lawful Good.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »

I'll go ahead and join in, either 4th or 3.5 is good for me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 04:37:54 pm »

Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil can be played well too.  It's just that most people aren't subtle enough to play them the way they're meant to be played, and go for caricatures instead.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »

Are we going to bed evil or good or anything?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:10 pm »

I'm interested in playing... I got *cough* legal copies of the core hand books for 4e and then some.

I have
DMG
PHB 1 and 2
MM
ADV VAULT
Martial Power 1
Divine Power
Manual of the Planes
I will try to get PHB 3, Arcane Power and Martial Power 2...
I really wanna get into one of these games.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 07:44:06 pm »

You know, seeing all this enthusiasm makes me sad that it'll take three weeks to finish every encounter. The idea is noble, but you might consider supplementing it with live sessions on the blue moon that you can all make it (and someone is willing to stay up until 3 am for it).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 10:19:47 pm »

I'll play, but note I intend on being an expert. I have found they are the most enjoyable class for my playstyle.

Also, I have no idea if 4th edition has them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:28 pm »

I say! It is my forthright opinion that D&D 4th edition seems to exhibit a vacuum effect, exerting negative pressure on matter around it - as the youth of today say, it "sucks". And in addition, I have observed that most of those who play it are not, in fact, humans, but British cigarettes, and most strikingly British cigarettes who often express their surprise through interjections. Indeed, 4th Edition itself is very happy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:25 pm »

I'll play, but note I intend on being an expert. I have found they are the most enjoyable class for my playstyle.

...this isn't quite ridiculous enough to be a joke, is it? What could expert have that rogue didn't?

And no, 4th edition has no NPC classes. It does have more and less skill-heavy ones, and most classes have skill-enhancing powers available, but there's really no way to do a just-the-trap-guy character. Though in theory you could eventually have a character who's trained in every single skill, at the cost of lacking fun benefits elsewhere.

I say! It is my forthright opinion that D&D 4th edition seems to exhibit a vacuum effect, exerting negative pressure on matter around it - as the youth of today say, it "sucks". And in addition, I have observed that most of those who play it are not, in fact, humans, but British cigarettes, and most strikingly British cigarettes who often express their surprise through interjections. Indeed, 4th Edition itself is very happy.

Good sir! I shall thank you not to make sweeping accusations about the hobbies of us carcinogenics of European heritage!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »

If so, dibs on being the warlock. Or the warlord.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:43 pm »

I request a place in this endeavour, although if capacity is limited I do possess alternative outlest. I hold a preference for the third and a half edition of the rules, due to a measure of familiarity with the rules and a preference for the underlying dynamics. 4e is boring...(but the system isn't everything)
 I lack the documentation required to partake in a game of the fourth edition of the rules, so I would be dependent upon others to supply me with an avatar, although my interests in the system are limited, so I am willing to possess an avatar of any specifications, with a preference for the magically inclined...

Be advised that this is not a venue for debates as to the merits of various versions of gaming systems, statements on the matter beyond a preference, or unwillingness to participate with a certain system are mostly inappropriate.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 12:11:28 am »

Fourth edition is better.  Unless you're conservative.  You know, terrified of change.  Sticking to the old ways.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 03:29:23 am »

You know, seeing all this enthusiasm makes me sad that it'll take three weeks to finish every encounter. The idea is noble, but you might consider supplementing it with live sessions on the blue moon that you can all make it (and someone is willing to stay up until 3 am for it).
[/quote

Considering timezones and all that jazz, it'd be me staying up to 3-4am. I've done it more than a few times for Neruz's game (Friday nights, Sunday Nights), and I'm sort-of free on Saturdays. But three days in a row of getting to bed at 3-4am?

Hell. No.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 03:37:50 am »

4E is for fags and WoW-fags and it sucks.

Also, in. Though I predict it will die due to being a PbP.

Trust me. They are ultimately more time consuming than chat play. You will soon see.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 03:42:35 am »

and generalizing is for close-minded people.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13