Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 6 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 45941 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 6 - Day 1: No Flavor Is Good Flavor
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 02:24:34 am »

I least want the Vote Motivator in the Scum hands from what we've seen so far.

I would of thought the Double Voter would be worse in scum hands. Why Vote Motivator over Double Voter?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2010, 03:18:32 am »

Because if the Double Voter sees a townie tunneling someone innocent, he can motivate them to get that person axed more easily without implicating the scum team.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2010, 03:33:01 am »

Because if the Double Voter sees a townie tunneling someone innocent, he can motivate them to get that person axed more easily without implicating the scum team.

True, but I know if I was scum I would rather have everything be under my control rather than do a gambit. A gambit likely to succeed, yes, but still a gambit.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2010, 04:43:34 am »

The scum lives on gambits. It's what they do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:03 am »

Not a terribly useful RV question.  In my opionion, a good RV question should always be related somewhat to mafia and preferably to the game at hand.  Mainly because of the general rule that town has the smaller group that they need to lynch so has to ask better questions and scum doesn't care as long as they get a lynch.

Also a question for you org, are you going to a semi-helpful org or policy lynch org today?

Policy lynches are bad.  Policy Org lynches are only fractionally better except they never seem to actually work.  I do see what you're getting at though, and it's better than the previous question.

True, it was not a good question, I feel that I came too late for the random RVT and too early for the serous attacks (Not that I have any yet). On the other hand I don’t know Mephansteras well enough and I need to get things from him and the others I do not know. Can I ask what you would have asked in my place?

Also I don’t think it is time for a org lynch yet, I was just asking what he was going to be doing, from my prospective it looked like for the last couple of games he was slipping back into random annoying mode. He does not look like it is going to be that bad now.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2010, 08:20:15 am »

I'm familiar with the Permanent Voter, whose vote every day lasts on following days.  His vote lasts until he dies.
Again?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2010, 10:04:35 am »

Pandarsenic. Who three you think are the least likely scum?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2010, 12:02:00 pm »

Mephansteras what is your avatar? Also (I feel weird asking this because Vektor seems to have it covered but eh) what two people would you like to have on your scum team.

Forgot I hadn't answered this.

My Avatar is a Mephansteras, a creature I created for a D&D campaign a long time ago. I use it as a handle because it's never taken anywhere. And for reference, it's pronounced mef-AN-stair-as

Ottofar, that's the third vote on Pandarsenic, which means he's most likely to get lynched today at this point. Why are you voting him and not someone else?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2010, 12:08:39 pm »

I read somewhere, that no lynch is a bad idea on d1.
Now I suddenly feel this is a bad reason...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2010, 12:12:51 pm »

No lynch is a bad idea day one. But you didn't state that you thought Pandarsenic was scum for some reason, nor did you bring up being willing to have him lynched today. You just voted him and asked him an RVS question.

Ultimately, yes, if no one does anything majorly scummy we'll have to just pick someone and lynch them. But even day 1 you don't want to just randomly decide that someone is going to die. That makes it far to easy for the scum to slip by us.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2010, 12:24:46 pm »

I don't think anyone has acted that scummy, but Pandar seems to be trying to avoid attention.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2010, 01:00:07 pm »

Just so everyone knows, I'm not lurking. I'm testing to see if by not voting, I can avoid my role's random vote switch, so I don't fuck up LyLo or anything. I'm reading over the thread now for analysis, though.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2010, 01:39:06 pm »

Jokerman, are you scum?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41:15 pm »

No lynch is a bad idea day one. But you didn't state that you thought Pandarsenic was scum for some reason, nor did you bring up being willing to have him lynched today. You just voted him and asked him an RVS question.

Ultimately, yes, if no one does anything majorly scummy we'll have to just pick someone and lynch them. But even day 1 you don't want to just randomly decide that someone is going to die. That makes it far to easy for the scum to slip by us.

Why are you defending Pandarsenic? Do you think he's not scum? And why are you attacking Ottofar for attacking Pandarsenic?

It's not set in stone: Votes are mutable (Well, most of them are anyways ;)). You seem to be flipping out that you think Pand's going to die when Pand's not guaranteed to die.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2010, 01:47:50 pm »

Ottofar is being incredibly scummy, but I'm letting it pass because I made poor Diakron die every first day.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not lurking. I'm testing to see if by not voting, I can avoid my role's random vote switch, so I don't fuck up LyLo or anything. I'm reading over the thread now for analysis, though.

It doesn't matter.  Your vote is going on someone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47