Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wow, the new underground really is aweso - HOLY CRAP EVERYONE IS ROTTING!  (Read 7132 times)

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had something similar happen.  It was a giant pterosaur.  I sent my greatest warrior to kill it, which he did in one strike.  I thought everything was fine, but later I found out that in the brief scuffle he was covered in some sort of infectious goo.  The only symptom was their eyes bursting.  It spread all over the place and got on almost everyone.  In the end, I did get to experience the new burrows system.  I ended up with 3/4 of my dwarves separated into the "Blind" burrow, while the remaining quarter were in the uppermost section of the fort.  My fort went from a happy game of construction and building to some sort of horror movie nightmare.  I didn't even know this was possible. 

What was the name of the first Dwarf whom you recognized to have this disease?

I want to name it after him/her.

His name was Stakud Sealhonor.  He was somewhat brave. 

Ahh, Stakud's Syndrome, then?

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

all this talk of weaponization is cool and all but what you need to do is create biological bombs i use 2 different ones: the "happy kitty bomb" (whenever a cat is killed it releases a cloud of vapor that causes insanely bad necrosis horrible bleeding heart stoppage and permanent paralysis) and the "freeze bomb" (whenever a dog is killed it drops a rock set to boil at 0 which on the dwarven scale is something like -2000 celcius yes thats below absolute zero) all you have to do then is bring a few with you and let them roam around and be killed. however the one disadvantage is the anyone in your fort who likes cats will rapidly go insane. at the end of year one i had 46 dead cats and a berserk armorsmith.
You know, since you can bring/buy barrels of blood, can you somehow dump them out on the floor?  The barrel would make it easier to bring into position, too.

Certainly cool... but if I'm gonna mod stuff, I'll usually want it to make the game harder. Like, mod mountain goats or rhesus maques with acouple conditions- a bloodborn pathogen that causes slow necrosis, and a gas that causes rapid bleeding.

Actually, best to make the bleeding a rarer thing, or make it only effect the thing that carries the necrosis. Point is to make the surface covered in blood that causes the necrosis, so you have to be careful letting anything in, but it's not instant death, either.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

all this talk of weaponization is cool and all but what you need to do is create biological bombs i use 2 different ones: the "happy kitty bomb" (whenever a cat is killed it releases a cloud of vapor that causes insanely bad necrosis horrible bleeding heart stoppage and permanent paralysis) and the "freeze bomb" (whenever a dog is killed it drops a rock set to boil at 0 which on the dwarven scale is something like -2000 celcius yes thats below absolute zero) all you have to do then is bring a few with you and let them roam around and be killed. however the one disadvantage is the anyone in your fort who likes cats will rapidly go insane. at the end of year one i had 46 dead cats and a berserk armorsmith.
You know, since you can bring/buy barrels of blood, can you somehow dump them out on the floor?  The barrel would make it easier to bring into position, too.

Certainly cool... but if I'm gonna mod stuff, I'll usually want it to make the game harder. Like, mod mountain goats or rhesus maques with acouple conditions- a bloodborn pathogen that causes slow necrosis, and a gas that causes rapid bleeding.

Actually, best to make the bleeding a rarer thing, or make it only effect the thing that carries the necrosis. Point is to make the surface covered in blood that causes the necrosis, so you have to be careful letting anything in, but it's not instant death, either.

I think your quote tags got confused, there... and  yeah, it would be awesome. Maybe order the liquid dumped?
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile

Holy hell, the rage virus for dwarves!
28 Dwarves Later?
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

28 Dwarves Later?

Yeah, exactly. I don't think it'd even take much programming.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far I've mostly only run into ones that went down rapidly to axe blows or ones that my dwarves couldn't kill, although that is largely because I've been below 20 dwarves and had a fairly small military from it.

I got to see one with deadly spittle beat up a bunch of reptile men though. Only 3 of them survive and only one still had all his limbs. Unfortunately my fps dropped below 10 so I never got to see if they were horribly poisoned.

When I have the better computer back I'll bet I have some FUN like this.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you dont know the half of it piles of rotting paralized bleeding gobbos

If your fort lasts long enough the animals eventually die of old age.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

28 Dwarves Later?
Yeah, exactly. I don't think it'd even take much programming.
All you need are four embark groups...

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]