Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wow, the new underground really is aweso - HOLY CRAP EVERYONE IS ROTTING!  (Read 7136 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Eyes bursting? How on earth does that work?

I'd also like to pipe up and ask what the bloody hell.  I can't seem to find anything that would result in a bodypart actually popping.

Necrosis doesn't do it, swelling doesn't do it...  I want some bursting eyes, dammit!

Are you quite certain they're not just impaired or otherwise damaged?  It's not proper popping if they're still in the skull...

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn this thread just gave me another injection of "inspiration" drug to work on my Wasteland mod even faster >.<
They need potentially beneficial syndromes... then you could start trying to make chems.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have actually tested with blood in the avp mod and I notice that if you are fighting in shallow water then blood will not spill on you.  Also, it seems that as long as a dwarf is covered in water blood splashes don't seem to affect him.  Chemical shower!

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

Now try magma, and see if 1 frame of contact can 'cure' them. :D

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's no better way to handle a soul-killing horror like weaponizing it! What's the best way to go about accomplishing this?

One possibility would be to strain the creature in a flow of water after impaling it with a spike trap, resulting in the water running past the goblins' ankles, carrying the good times and sunshine to their unsuspecting shins. The drawback of this plan would of course be the water cleansing the toxin off of them before it has time to rot their legs to the bone, causing them to fall face-first into the mirthful cocktail.

I don't quite understand how the described infection is spread but infecting cattle with your own eyeless, screaming, confined victims and tossing it in the way of the goblins might act as a vector. Bonus points for using a kitten. Infecting the animals might take place by simply ordering the lepers to haul the cattle into pit zones.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's no better way to handle a soul-killing horror like weaponizing it! What's the best way to go about accomplishing this?

One possibility would be to strain the creature in a flow of water after impaling it with a spike trap, resulting in the water running past the goblins' ankles, carrying the good times and sunshine to their unsuspecting shins. The drawback of this plan would of course be the water cleansing the toxin off of them before it has time to rot their legs to the bone, causing them to fall face-first into the mirthful cocktail.

I don't quite understand how the described infection is spread but infecting cattle with your own eyeless, screaming, confined victims and tossing it in the way of the goblins might act as a vector. Bonus points for using a kitten. Infecting the animals might take place by simply ordering the lepers to haul the cattle into pit zones.

See, this is the kind of man we need working on Urist McTzu's art of war.
Good man, soldier. Good man.
*salutes*
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

See, this is the kind of man we need working on Urist McTzu's art of war.
Good man, soldier. Good man.
*salutes*
"We’ll follow the old man wherever he wants to go,
As long as he wants to go -opposite to the foe!
We’ll stay with the old man wherever he wants to stay,
As long he stays away from the battle’s fray!
Because we love him, we love him,
Especially when he keeps us on the ball,
And we’ll tell the kiddies we answer duties' call
With the grandest son of a soldier of them all!"

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile

If you weaponized it, then what would keep it from covering the entire surface of the map? Every single caravan, migrant, thief, goblin, and animal would be reduced to screaming, skinless skeletons that die soooo sloooowwwllyy...
Why does the thought of that make me laugh?

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you weaponized it, then what would keep it from covering the entire surface of the map? Every single caravan, migrant, thief, goblin, and animal would be reduced to screaming, skinless skeletons that die soooo sloooowwwllyy...
Why does the thought of that make me laugh?

Doesn't it wash away from the surface now?

Though how cool would it be if you did this... make a fortress straight out of 12 monkeys, where everyone going to and from needs to pass through a decontamination airlock...

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile

all this talk of weaponization is cool and all but what you need to do is create biological bombs i use 2 different ones: the "happy kitty bomb" (whenever a cat is killed it releases a cloud of vapor that causes insanely bad necrosis horrible bleeding heart stoppage and permanent paralysis) and the "freeze bomb" (whenever a dog is killed it drops a rock set to boil at 0 which on the dwarven scale is something like -2000 celcius yes thats below absolute zero) all you have to do then is bring a few with you and let them roam around and be killed. however the one disadvantage is the anyone in your fort who likes cats will rapidly go insane. at the end of year one i had 46 dead cats and a berserk armorsmith.
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

all this talk of weaponization is cool and all but what you need to do is create biological bombs i use 2 different ones: the "happy kitty bomb" (whenever a cat is killed it releases a cloud of vapor that causes insanely bad necrosis horrible bleeding heart stoppage and permanent paralysis) and the "freeze bomb" (whenever a dog is killed it drops a rock set to boil at 0 which on the dwarven scale is something like -2000 celcius yes thats below absolute zero) all you have to do then is bring a few with you and let them roam around and be killed. however the one disadvantage is the anyone in your fort who likes cats will rapidly go insane. at the end of year one i had 46 dead cats and a berserk armorsmith.

Certainly cool... but if I'm gonna mod stuff, I'll usually want it to make the game harder. Like, mod mountain goats or rhesus maques with acouple conditions- a bloodborn pathogen that causes slow necrosis, and a gas that causes rapid bleeding.

Actually, best to make the bleeding a rarer thing, or make it only effect the thing that carries the necrosis. Point is to make the surface covered in blood that causes the necrosis, so you have to be careful letting anything in, but it's not instant death, either.

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it does actualy make it harder because you cant predict who likes cats i lost my weaponsmith and a miner before the end of the first year
1. Start DF
3. Pass Out.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but I imagine invades have a hell of a time

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you dont know the half of it piles of rotting paralized bleeding gobbos
1. Start DF
3. Pass Out.

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had something similar happen.  It was a giant pterosaur.  I sent my greatest warrior to kill it, which he did in one strike.  I thought everything was fine, but later I found out that in the brief scuffle he was covered in some sort of infectious goo.  The only symptom was their eyes bursting.  It spread all over the place and got on almost everyone.  In the end, I did get to experience the new burrows system.  I ended up with 3/4 of my dwarves separated into the "Blind" burrow, while the remaining quarter were in the uppermost section of the fort.  My fort went from a happy game of construction and building to some sort of horror movie nightmare.  I didn't even know this was possible. 

His name was Stakud Sealhonor.  He was somewhat brave. 

What was the name of the first Dwarf whom you recognized to have this disease?

I want to name it after him/her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4