Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13803 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2010, 09:45:45 am »

Good, good. I suggest we try to get a seductionist, ala LCS, so we can... convince some guards/gov't officials to help us. Have our recruiter keep on the lookout for women who are... skilled in that avenue. Also, start hoarding the liquor that we sell.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2010, 10:35:42 am »

Bar and goddamnit research illegal explosives.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2010, 10:48:03 am »

goddamnit research illegal explosives.
No. We are still new and I don't think we could get access to the materials needed.
Inquire on any werehouses at the docklands. Hopefuly this will allow us to get closer to the black market as they could approach us.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2010, 10:49:34 am »

Keep low.

What is our shop?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2010, 11:23:12 am »

There are several warehouses available at the docklands.

There is a small warehouse that has two storeys and a floor area of 250 M Squared

There is also a medium and a large Warehouse each are two storeys and are 500 and 1000 M squared respectively.

It must be said that almost everyone in the Docklands are Proles. There are very very few secret police agents as it is deemed too dangerous and there is little known about it by the government. There is a large amount of police presence in areas. There are often battles between Police and Proles in the area. Although nobody lives in Docklands officially members of certain Criminal Factions will sleep in faction owned warehouses and will often live there entirely.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2010, 11:25:19 am »

How much rent for the small warehouse?

I propose we transform it into our temporary revolutionary base, one floor armoury/quarters, one research.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:34 am »

The small warehouse is available for £2000 with no rent. The top floor is a large empty room with many pillars. The bottom floor is mainly empty but includes some smaller rooms including a stairwell and an Office with no furniture.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2010, 12:21:07 pm »

-Locate pharmacy (Potassium Nitrate)
-Locate cooking supply store (baking soda, sugar)
-Make smoke bombs, store in basement

Check prices of warehouse, and higher end stores.
Check prices of baseball bats
Check prices of lighters
Check prices of booze
Check Prices of paper
Check list of luxury liquids

Try to find Doctor willing to fight for the cause, two, if possible.
They can get us "prescriptions" for.... "semi" volatile powders (ex. Potassium Nitrate [Salt Peter])

Go ahead and buy the warehouse. we have more than enough.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:27:37 pm by JoshBrickstien »
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2010, 12:53:52 pm »

We purchase the Small Warehouse. It is in good condition with a couple of broken windows, really you are not gonna find a better Warehouse in the docklands.

( - £ 2000 )

30730 Pounds
10 Members
Small Shop
2 Storey shop

Income per day: £200

You inquire around the group to see if they know any Doctors who would be willing to fight for the cause. Nobody knows any, although one had a relative who was a vet.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2010, 12:57:45 pm »

Which lab equipment is available without attracting too much attention?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2010, 01:00:59 pm »

Most of it really. Buying any Test tubes or Bunsen burners legitimately would need papers to be shown and a decent reason. There might be some on the black market but you need to contact it first

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:55 pm »

Well, let's start trying to contact the black market.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »

Check prices of getting windows repaired, and metal bars put in. If it's under 2k, go ahead.
Begin buying bunk beds, to turn some of the rooms into barracks.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »

A prole sub-contractor is willing to fix the few broken windows for £300. He will also put metal bars in all the windows for £1000.

( - £ 1300 )

He should be done in about a week.

Bunk Beds bought in bulk are suspicious. It might be possible to buy them under "Plush Furniture" for the Medium Shop and then siphon a few off each month without raising too much suspicion

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2010, 02:31:48 pm »

Bunk Beds bought in bulk are suspicious. It might be possible to buy them under "Plush Furniture" for the Medium Shop and then siphon a few off each month without raising too much suspicion

This seems like a good idea, but we need the deed to a house to get out of the Public sleeping place thing.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22