Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Viva La Revolution!  (Read 13723 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Viva La Revolution!
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:20:45 am »

It is the not too distant future. A decade ago a desperate British public voted an Extremist Oppressive government into power. You and your 6 co-conspirators have decided that enough is enough. The revolution starts now! The uprising must be kept secret, you must gather supporters and funds under the cloak of Secrecy, just steer clear of the secret police and you will be OK.

Members: 7

Funds: £1200
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Revolution!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:13:17 pm »

Realize that violence is not the answer
Have others go out to recruit more members
Attempt to purchase a small shop

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:24:37 pm »

Two of your com padres go to the nearest Public Information Bureau. There is a small building available in an "Up and Coming" area of town. It is available for £1000 with a £300 a month charge after that.

At the moment it would be too risky to ask random members to join your Uprising. They could report you to the Secret police or worse, be a member of the Police itself
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »

Reenact the novel Nineteen Eighty Four.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:52:49 pm »

hmm buy a printing press and print propaganda posters and organize a meeting write a fake place and time then somehow hide a code in the propaganda poster and those who discover this code will be revealed the true location of the secret meeting...this way we could recruit members... the secret police will propably fooled by the wrong location and time.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »

We buy the Small shop. It has two rooms, a large shop front and a small back room. The front of the shop is mainly glass with supports and a door made of wood.

A Printing press will cost £200 the resources needed to create propaganda will cost £50. You will also need to feed yourselves which will cost £50 a month.

Funds: £200

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 04:02:11 pm »

I suggest that all members take a few odd jobs for the next few weeks until we can cobble together enough for the press, materials and eats for the month. Never hurts to be cautious right?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »

I assume that the cost of food is £7 per member per month?

Begin by recruiting family members who are known to be sympathetic. This way, if they are less than loyal they have to betray a son or sister rather than just some person.

Then look for a small basement apartment or better still some warehouse space, rather than a storefront, so the operation is more secretive and rent is cheaper.

We should get odd jobs, talking with people in normal conversation to figure out who might be a good recruit, and to gather information.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:55:35 pm »

6 of the members search for small jobs to do; Paper Rounds, Shop assistants and cleaners. You inquire about hiring some basement or warehouse space, the docklands has a cheap basement space of about 20 M squared for £50 a month. There is a warehouse above it of the same space on one level that can be rented for an additional £100 a month

Income a day: £30

Funds: £230

Day two: You have slept in Public Accommodation for the night

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:16 pm »

I think it's less "Okay, $7 per member, $7 times 7 is ~$50" and more "Okay, hmmm, what's reasonable? $50 sounds about right".

Purchase some lumber. Have some of the members make woodcrafts, which they sell in the shop.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 05:05:04 pm »

Lumber can be bought in Bulk for £150 a ton.

Is it available in 20KG bags for £10

you will need a knife to carve and the Government says you need a license
 to buy knives outside of kitchen use

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:29 pm »

Use knives to make wooden statues of Big Brother.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 05:53:26 pm »

Can we carve with a kitchen knife?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 05:54:16 pm »

You can carve with a kitchen knife although a woodcarving knife would be better.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 06:02:05 pm »

How much does a license cost?

Anyway, we don't need one now, better to lay low.
Purchase kitchen knife
Purchase 20 kg of lumber
2 members take odd jobs
4 members, including main character (let's call him Winston for now), carve propagandist idols of president/totalitarian leader/whatever
1 member man shop and sell idols
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22