Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 232439 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2070 on: February 15, 2013, 08:49:45 am »

The headmaster takes indifferent yawning to a whole new level. I do wonder what this clever and cunning plan is, exactly. I have a strange feeling Jones is just on the act (but I'm often wrong when it comes to this comic).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 15, 2013, 08:59:22 am »

We must ask Japa, he always knows.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 15, 2013, 10:59:24 am »

As if they could stop her from going to the forest if she wanted to.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:02 am »

You don't think they'd have improved their security since the last time she ran off to the forest without permission?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:21 am »

You don't think they'd have improved their security since the last time she ran off to the forest without permission?
No
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 15, 2013, 11:34:25 am »

Their "security" seems to consist of a horde of incompetent robots, various wailing alarms, these guys and a guy with a sword who was one of Annie's dad's best friends. Soon to be replaced by a girl with a sword. Yeah, she's going to have real trouble crossing that bridge.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 15, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

Soon to be replaced by a girl with a sword. Yeah, she's going to have real trouble crossing that bridge.
A girl who is also her friend, and who can freely teleport Annie as a favour.

Theres pretty much no way the court can stop her from going into the forest.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 15, 2013, 01:03:32 pm »

Like the dorm security systems, I suspect the robots are incompetent by design, so that clever students can subvert them. Parley isn't completely replacing Eglamore, she's just going to serve as Andrew's Protector when he visits the forest. At any rate, the bridge is well watched, so she certainly couldn't visit the Forest without the Court knowing, and she'd probably find herself expelled if she stepped out of line.

Assuming, of course, she'd even want to go back considering what happened the last time she visited.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 15, 2013, 01:13:11 pm »

Parley could probably enable her to get there without requiring a bridge-crossing, but I wouldn't put it past the Court to have a way of monitoring the aether for that sort of thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 16, 2013, 03:37:50 pm »

How about Kat's hoverbike? Or maybe she could just fly across without the bike. Or get "abducted" during an "attack" by the forest on the Court which Smitty's diplomacy "regrettably" failed to prevent.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 16, 2013, 11:57:42 pm »

Parley could probably enable her to get there without requiring a bridge-crossing, but I wouldn't put it past the Court to have a way of monitoring the aether for that sort of thing.
Yeah. Keep in mind the chasm exists to keep unwelcome migrants from crossing it, from both sides. Also keep in mind the ether-stations whose purpose as far as we can tell is basically to give the court god-powers. I hardly think a magical chasm whose sole purpose is preventing crossing would be difficult for them to monitor. Or to prevent people from crossing. I mean, human sacrifice was a reagent for the spell; it's not exactly weak magic at play.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:27 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:05:26 pm by penguinofhonor »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 17, 2013, 02:40:32 am »

TBH, I don't think this webcomic actually has an uninteresting story arc in it.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 17, 2013, 03:32:53 am »

Keep in mind the chasm exists to keep unwelcome migrants from crossing it, from both sides. Also keep in mind the ether-stations whose purpose as far as we can tell is basically to give the court god-powers. I hardly think a magical chasm whose sole purpose is preventing crossing would be difficult for them to monitor. Or to prevent people from crossing. I mean, human sacrifice was a reagent for the spell; it's not exactly weak magic at play.

Point taken. On the other hand, Annie is still THE BEST MEDIUM, whether the headmaster has appointed her as such or not, and is probably going to deal with the Jeannie situation eventually.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:42 am »

Look at the bright side. guys. Maybe we can just have a court/forest politics-free high school drama arc or two.
Why would we want that?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 233