Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 232389 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2055 on: February 11, 2013, 05:53:30 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:45:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:11 am »

Mary Sue Points -2.
Love, scriver~

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:04 am »

Coyote has the best face in the newest page.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 11, 2013, 11:01:50 am »

other people recommended Smitty.

I wonder who those other people are. The Headmaster says "the Court" decided, but the students aren't the only ones surprised.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 11, 2013, 11:35:46 am »

Well, the court is probably made up of a core group... who have the interests of the court in mind, rather then many others who probably looked at how Annie communicates so well with Coyote.

Personally, I'd rather have my liaison to the chaotic animal god be the boring guy rather then the maverick girl...  The boring guy is most likely to negotiate/mediate terms more favorable to the court or at least be impartial about it.  His powers of boringness is also seen as something that can be used to counteract Coyote's shenanigans...
While Annie is seen to be more likely to not do stuff in the interest of the court...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »

Or jones recommended Annie but she isn't their boss and other people recommended Smitty.

Japa, do you write this comic? You can tell us if you do.

Is my name Tom?

I just see patterns, and things that make sense.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »

TBH, she's a terrible choice for their medium.

The point is supposed to be it's their medium. Not some independent agent. Not someone who sympathizes with those from the forest, as has been shown time and again. Annie's mother worked for them; she tricked Reynardine into falling in love with her so she could trap him in the court. On the other hand, Reynardine is basically Annie's best friend, she has a pretty good relationship not only with Coyote, but also a bunch of other forest-dwellers (from that one summer). And she has little to no connection to the court itself outside of a small handful of people who could leave just as easily as she could. She would be utterly useless for any sort of scheme against those in the forest (and we've certainly seen hints at plenty of schemes to come), she certainly couldn't be trusted with sensitive information. Then look at how the relationship between the court officials and the forest dwellers is. They don't want to send someone who makes Coyote happy; they show their disdain through posturing and overall look of not-giving-a-shit. Overall, she's pretty worthless as a choice for a medium.

Honestly, I'm expecting the next update to include "and furthermore, you're banned from visiting the forest."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: February 11, 2013, 10:33:48 pm »

TBH, she's a terrible choice for their medium.

The point is supposed to be it's their medium. Not some independent agent. Not someone who sympathizes with those from the forest, as has been shown time and again. Annie's mother worked for them; she tricked Reynardine into falling in love with her so she could trap him in the court. On the other hand, Reynardine is basically Annie's best friend, she has a pretty good relationship not only with Coyote, but also a bunch of other forest-dwellers (from that one summer). And she has little to no connection to the court itself outside of a small handful of people who could leave just as easily as she could. She would be utterly useless for any sort of scheme against those in the forest (and we've certainly seen hints at plenty of schemes to come), she certainly couldn't be trusted with sensitive information. Then look at how the relationship between the court officials and the forest dwellers is. They don't want to send someone who makes Coyote happy; they show their disdain through posturing and overall look of not-giving-a-shit. Overall, she's pretty worthless as a choice for a medium.

Honestly, I'm expecting the next update to include "and furthermore, you're banned from visiting the forest."
Yeah, the headmaster looks like he's about to start laying down the law on Annie. As in no more forest.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:02 am »

Which means she's totally sneaking out and going to the forest. And quite possibly running into Jeanne on the way.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: February 13, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

Look's like Annie will still be able to go out into the forest. Also Parely gets a cool sword now.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 13, 2013, 11:58:12 am »

Will she? The simple fact that she isn't a prospective Medium any more might put a stop to that.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19:54 pm »

Setting up a future Parley vs. Ysengrin confrontation? That would give her a level in badass if she holds her own.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 15, 2013, 06:29:51 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:45:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 15, 2013, 06:51:30 am »

Look at that yawn!

Annie is losing her Mary Sue points rapidly with each new page, and I can't help but feel... happy for that.

The headmaster (come on, you still believe that 'Court' has multi-personal decision board?) knows what he is doing, this way he will have medium on his side, or at least have neutral medium.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 15, 2013, 08:37:59 am »

Something tells me Coyote has just seen through the Court's clever and cunning plan.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 233