Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422824 times)

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3645 on: August 21, 2011, 01:09:18 pm »

Only workaround I can come up with is to make a copy of the skin material and a copy of the bone material (call them something like SKIN_HUMAN and BONE_HUMAN) and use those in humans instead. In those human materials, add [REACTION_CLASS:HUMAN_SKIN] and [REACTION_CLASS:HUMAN_BONE] to their respective materials, and then add the same tags to the correct reagents in your reaction and set your material section in the reagents to NONE:NONE.

I've not tried this personally, but my feeling is that it should work.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: August 21, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »

Would it help if I made it so you have to have tanned human skin? It accepts the bone fine, just not the skin.

[EDIT] Ahhh... I just fixed it. Everything now works fine!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:08:16 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: August 22, 2011, 01:47:27 am »

Is it possible to use titan's fire in a reaction? You know, the stuff that's left after you kill a fire titan.

[EDIT] Goddamnit, me. I just made another double post  :-[
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:58:27 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3648 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:40 am »

How do I make dwarven and goblin civilizations more successful in worldgen?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: August 22, 2011, 07:49:52 am »

Add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]. I think that'll help.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3650 on: August 22, 2011, 07:51:08 am »

I'd rather not make them immortal to achieve this, I want them to be succesful on their merits, so I'd like to know some good indicators for success.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:06 am »

I'd rather not make them immortal to achieve this, I want them to be succesful on their merits, so I'd like to know some good indicators for success.
Giving goblins and dorfs better gear MAY help, but I'm not 100% sure.

[EDIT] Is it possible to make some civ creatures make their towns in the caverns or that "special" flamey place?

[EDIT] Have I messed up my reaction?

[REACTION:DEAD_BOOK_ADV]
   [NAME:Craft a book of Necropolis]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:BODY:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:BODY:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD]
[NAME:book of Necropolis:books of Necropolis]
[VALUE:200]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:248]
[SIZE:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]

I'm trying to get it to make a book of Necropolis but it never seems to work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:46:25 am by Angel Of Death »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: August 22, 2011, 01:13:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure that, for the product, you need to include what the product is made of after the ITEM_TOOL_DEAD.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3653 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]
try that, it should give you a "human skin book of necropolis"

EDIT: or this works as well (more aproparite in case you wanted a different material         
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:BODY:NONE]

Acaully looking at the reaction closer... It looks wrong... it should be

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:BODY2:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:BODY3:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:BODY4:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B2:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B3:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B4:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B5:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B6:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN]

Or

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:BODY:4:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B:6:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN]

That should make it workable or nicer, Either or

EDIT2: fixed a amount in the last reaction I said 7 instead of the normally required 6 bones

EDIT3: fixed a error that Kweri had pointed out, Thank you
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:39:12 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:25 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DEAD:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN]

Take out that NONE.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »

Thank you all very much. This is a step closer to releasing my first mod.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 22, 2011, 11:48:18 pm »

Also with my plant to logs, It works up till a point. The logs are Correct (thank you very much Mikey) but the seeds that are made Are just that "Seeds" not Tower-Cap Spores. As a just test I changed the ending SEED with NONE. If that fails I'll use the same thing that was used for the WOOD [MATERIAL_REACTION] for the SEEDs.
I actually don't see any examples of reactions that produce seeds.  Try SEEDS:TOWER_CAP_SMALL for the item token, instead of SEEDS:NONE?

Oh and to respond to Sphalerite's post as well, just make this ore, rock have no enviroment (doesn't appear anywhere) and make it so it can only be made through reactions (now of course that defeats the purpose of mining it, or embarking with it, or trading for it as noone can get it)

Unless the issue is that due to the entity having the PERMITTED_REACTION automatically gives them access then, I'm stumped :(
It isn't even a stone at all, it's a plain INORGANIC def much like clay, glaze, plaster, etc.  If the entity has the reaction, they can trade/embark with the object, made from whatever possible materials the reaction's product allows-- in this case it's a specific reaction that produces a particular INORGANIC mat so that I can precisely control the quantity, weight, and value independent of the material it's supposedly made of.

I'm getting the feeling that there's no solution with the current entity/reaction system, and that I'll just have to accept the fairly minor consequence of the powder being useless when taken at embark.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 23, 2011, 12:04:16 am »

Also with my plant to logs, It works up till a point. The logs are Correct (thank you very much Mikey) but the seeds that are made Are just that "Seeds" not Tower-Cap Spores. As a just test I changed the ending SEED with NONE. If that fails I'll use the same thing that was used for the WOOD [MATERIAL_REACTION] for the SEEDs.
I actually don't see any examples of reactions that produce seeds.  Try SEEDS:TOWER_CAP_SMALL for the item token, instead of SEEDS:NONE?

This isn't working because tower caps do not have seeds by default.  For other plants, your product line should look like this...

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:PLANT_ID:SEED_MAT] - Where PLANT_ID is the ID of the plant you want.

EDIT: My bad, should be SEED instead of SEED_MAT, since that's what its called in the plant file.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:59:26 am by narhiril »

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:34 am »

He's already doing that via [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED], which should refer to the TOWER_CAP_SMALL plant's SEED material (which he defined).  However, I don't think that assigning the material alone is enough, as the SEED mat doesn't contain the seed's names, nor is there anything special about the mat itself that would make something consisting of it magically become a 'seed' for that plant.  The product item token almost certainly needs a plant_id subtype, assuming proper seeds can be created in a reaction at all.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:25:10 am by Mikey »

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 23, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

He's already doing that via [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED], which should refer to the TOWER_CAP_SMALL plant's SEED material (which he defined).  However, I don't think that assigning the material alone is enough, as the SEED mat doesn't contain the seed's names, nor is there anything special about the mat itself that would make something consisting of it magically become a 'seed' for that plant.  The product item token almost certainly needs a plant_id subtype, assuming proper seeds can be created in a reaction at all.

SEEDS:NONE is correct. It doesn't take any subtype.

The issue here is confusing syntax between doing something like PLANT_MAT:TOWER_CAP_SMALL:SEED (which will work) and using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED which is incorrect without some tweaking.

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT takes the following form - GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:REAGENT_ID:REACTION_PRODUCT_ID

The important part is the last bit. It doesn't take a material. It takes a Reaction Product. You would need to go to the MATERIAL of your reagent and add something like [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]. Then in your reaction you call GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 357