Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229324 times)

XxPhogxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mmm i realized a funny thing:
you take vanilla.
you copy paste genesis in order to overwrite.
you get two things:
uber powerful lampreys, sharks, and literally "fishes of doom".
AND you play as Keepers.
i kind of wondered why i didn't keep it.
would have loved to say a legendary lamprey.

This is essentially what continues to happen to me

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

you take vanilla.
you get two things:
AND you play as Keepers.

duped raws

XxPhogxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you take vanilla.
you get two things:
AND you play as Keepers.

duped raws

Should I be pasting the raws from the "Genesis" folder as well as the raws from the Dwarf Fortress folder?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Neither.

You should be putting Genesis into it's own folder.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, not sure if you've read about it in the modder's workshop thread (or if you know about it already), but multiple workspaces are indeed possible. This could possibly result in crucibles not being limited to one side, and certain workshops being possible.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In vanilla DF you had boiling leather, freezing water appearing out of thin air and holy fuck if you genned a world it was hell, oh hi diplo--OH GOD BOILING LEATHER JUST APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR AND KILLED HIM!

The frozen waterfall with no end climbing into the air was amazing though.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

Wondering if I could safely combine Fortress Defense and Genesis...
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats it, I'm done with this mod.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an idea: Sausages! When an animal is butchered, nearly a dozen meat products are created, most of them in small stacks. Realistically, most of those would spoil quickly, unless processed by drying, smoking etc. So here is how sausage enters the picture: you grab all that misc edible stuff that's not a big appetizing slab of smoked ham, chop them up, mix them with some spices and stuff them into guts (or some synthetic equivalent). Delicious stuff made of things you'd probably never eat in their true form!

So how it would work in DF? Very much like making bread: the product is more valuable than the sum of the ingredients, and it's edible raw AND available for further cooking while some ingredients aren't. The process also increases stock size, which is always good for storage.

I have two variants in mind:
-make sausage/salami: guts + meat + meat + meat (+... you get the idea) + milled spice
-and make blood sausage/black pudding: guts + meat (as many times as above) + blood + milled spice. Because the blood barrels brought by caravans will not be used by ordinary cooking as long as there's anything solid to cook, and require hideous amounts of micromanaging even when possible- so why not a reaction that just uses them?

It would take place either at the Butcher's shop or the Kitchen, using either Butchery or Cooking skill. The product would take it's name from the first meat ingredient, or if possible only which animal it's made of (Cave Croc Sausage instead of Juicy Cave Croc Eyeballs Sausage). The product would be classified as Cheese or Bone Meal or whatever that can be cooked as long as it's not meat, to avoid sausages made into sausages. If it's impossible to differentiate between guts and other meaty stuff, either use some plant fiber as casing or just accept that dwarves can make sausages out of meat, spice and the optional blood without casings, just as they can brew alcohol of only plants and a barrel (they are just so badass :D ).

So, could someone please translate it to code? Deon, do you like it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems that I have no quarry bushes. What gives?
Quarry bushes are now plants in the 3rd cavern layer (where everything has a crystal/stone theme), thus they are not avaliable normally unless you dig down and harvest them. Do you really miss them? You have other options for plants with leaves.
I normally just use eggs and quarry bushes an easy way to make meals, and I was curious as to why I couldn't embark with rock nuts

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are now called quarry seeds... Should be quarry spores, I will fix it.
 All aboveground plants have seeds and underground spores for easier understanding.

And I will consider that sausage idea!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile

They are now called quarry seeds... Should be quarry spores, I will fix it.
 All aboveground plants have seeds and underground spores for easier understanding.

And I will consider that sausage idea!
Seeds for dry aboveground
Sprouts for wet aboveground
Spores for dry underground
Radicles for wet underground

;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

ThreeToe here. While Toady One is busy putting on the final touches for the next release, I thought I'd give you some details and impressions I've had while testing it.
DO WANT!

Although I fear I will soon have no time for anything else :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ThreeToe here. While Toady One is busy putting on the final touches for the next release, I thought I'd give you some details and impressions I've had while testing it.
DO WANT!

Although I fear I will soon have no time for anything else :P.

Umm... where can we read that one?
EDIT: found it... though I still don't get even half the stuff they are speaking about, such as mists and blood rain.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:32:12 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play

Hey Deon,

Just wanted to say thanks once again. You seem to be always working on new features for Genesis. I used to check the main page, now I just check this thread!

Do some traders skip years? At one time or another I have traded with every friendly race but I only get a few of them each year recently. I haven't upset any of them. The only thing that has happened was a scavenger diplo showed up and immediately had a heart attach or something (my guys were nowhere near him) and now I get sieged by scavengers. Which is fine. Their bowmen can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 642