Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229044 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Breastplates require 600 material which is 4 bars. If that's two, which means that material size token is 2x of the product dimension... Then it explains why everything else takes 1 bar instead of 2 or 3, I will definitely check it out before the next release of Genesis.

Hey Deon, not sure if you already know about it but I was just looking at creature_genesis_beast.txt again and I noticed that the dragons have these tokens showing as --CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] and --USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE].

Edit: actually the green dragon is showing as --CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM--
Yeah I removed it because dragons would just steal an item and run off... Anticlimactic.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

i'm laughing thinking of a colossal sized dragons, tiptoeing in and stealing a sock. then leaving in tiptoes going "shhhh" to cats and dogs. XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, will you write a last genesis release for the current vanilla version? Vanilla release is coming sometime in February, but the first days/weeks it'll be full of bugs and untested game mechanisms anyway, I think.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The material size is 450 for one bar. Or use the new fixed exe, then it is 1 for 1 :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The material size is 450 for one bar.
That's good to know, I was under a false impression that MATERIAL_DIMENSION equals MATERIAL_SIZE.

Deon, will you write a last genesis release for the current vanilla version? Vanilla release is coming sometime in February, but the first days/weeks it'll be full of bugs and untested game mechanisms anyway, I think.
Yep, I will. The month report did not tell that the release is around the corner, so I should do it in a few days.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Quick question: How was the dwarf therapist with your castes done ?

I refrained from doing a bigger caste system so far, because people would have to check every dwarf for it, one by one, thats no fun... If I can make a Therapist patch as well, I will advance my castes.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I refrained from doing a bigger caste system so far, because people would have to check every dwarf for it, one by one, thats no fun... If I can make a Therapist patch as well, I will advance my castes.

oh so you ARE aware of that little issue, i have been playing with castes off in your mod for some time now, as its quite bothersome to not be able to check from therapist

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to write a reaction like this?

reagent A, some armor or weapon or ammo, as loosely defined as possible and practical*
reagent B, raw material
product 1 takes all tags from reagent A, giving it back unchanged (and potentially spamming us with masterwork creation announcements :D )
product 2 takes material tags from reagent B and the rest (minus quality level) from reagent A.

*I mean breaking it up into practical cathegories, like "Reverse engineer body armor using metal", "Reverse engineer body armor using leather", "Reverse engineer body armor using bone", "Reverse engineer helmet using metal", etc.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, a la altar reactions. This could be used to make more lamellar armors / longswords / tower shields once we buy some, but not before. Bonus for letting us choose what material we want to make it out of... but it intentionally involves some stockpiling, door closing/burrowing micromanagement to avoid cranking out superior equipment at full speed.

Possibilities to make it harder:
-a chance to lose the original piece. "Whoops, we took it apart, how it goes back together again?"
-it requires more than a single bar/leather piece. Well, it'd disregard MATERIAL_SIZE anyway, so best be on the safe side...
-constructing the building might be hard. It may be magma only, and/or built only from something only obtainable from a low chance and costy altar ritual, or from candy...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I plan to make a research tree for the new version where we will have to discover blueprints to build advaned workshops. Some of them will be foreign armory/forge or something and you will have to do almost what you've described.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet. That's planned for the new version coming out this weekend?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeaaah :)

Though, I'm a bit at a loss with foreign and even standard genesis add-on weaponry and armor... so many hammers, maces, swords etc, I don't have the faintest idea which of them is the best for dwarves. Well, apart from the long sword > short sword and lamellar armor > breastplate thing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sweet. That's planned for the new version coming out this weekend?
No, I will be kinda remaking the mod for the new version, at least regarding production trees.

This release will have some fixes and some additional workshops and reactions (customized milling, brewing etc) and fixed including a fixed EXE (where mercants bring caravans, you can make crystal glass etc).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No pressure :P

Edit: On the other hand I tried your version, and found the caste_default.txt Just changing the caste names in it makes it compatible with any mod that uses castes, if I am not totally wrong. I will do some testing.

Edit2: Done with testing, and YES, it works.
Proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:20:51 am by Meph »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ah, sorry, I somehow missed that question. Yes, caste_default.txt is the setup file :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I will be kinda remaking the mod for the new version, at least regarding production trees.

This release will have some fixes and some additional workshops and reactions (customized milling, brewing etc) and fixed including a fixed EXE (where mercants bring caravans, you can make crystal glass etc).

what about "powered workshops" ?
that if some workshops work faster when powered by waterwheels/wind.
or extra workshops that require power to work atall(like a workshop that requires a gear assembly on/above/next one of its tiles. maybe similar to how magma furnaces require a magma tile, just here it would require a gear assembly.) i.e. the rock grinder, maybe even smelters (blast furnace?) could be powered to move the "air blowing thingy".

somehow DF has not that many "mechanic power" items in... i think its "just" pumps and millstones?

even traps could require a gear assembly next or below the trap tile for them to work more than once? i.e. to rotate bladetraps
or drawbridges could require a powered gear assemble on the side of it?

but this will probably be adressed a bit more when toady gets to the lifts and traps update in some months/years...
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 642