Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230306 times)

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.26 ϟ] - new demons, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #8610 on: January 05, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »

I'm trying to DL it but it keeps coming up as a blank software it, any suggestions that could help me?
I think my computer is a windows 6 or vista.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: January 05, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »

7 i meant seven

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: January 05, 2012, 07:13:31 pm »

I've started playing and it's really exiting. So much new stuff. All those plants! Those new weapon and armor choices! Those castes! I love the castes!

Great work, can't wait what Fun awaits next. So far just giant eagles ^_^

I have a question concerning the phoebus tileset version of the mod. It appears that everything seems 'washed out', like the black being greyish, same for all the other colors. Like a layer of gray or white being put over all those tiles. Do you have any idea how to get the tiles look more sharp? Besides that, I'm really enjoying the mod so far! So much to learn... Again! Guess I'll never stop learning stuff with DF :D
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: January 05, 2012, 08:21:59 pm »

I've started playing and it's really exiting. So much new stuff. All those plants! Those new weapon and armor choices! Those castes! I love the castes!

Great work, can't wait what Fun awaits next. So far just giant eagles ^_^

I have a question concerning the phoebus tileset version of the mod. It appears that everything seems 'washed out', like the black being greyish, same for all the other colors. Like a layer of gray or white being put over all those tiles. Do you have any idea how to get the tiles look more sharp? Besides that, I'm really enjoying the mod so far! So much to learn... Again! Guess I'll never stop learning stuff with DF :D
Check the /data/art/ folder for other phoebus versions, swap them by changing tileset file name in /data/init/d_init.txt and pick the one you want.

hey Deon. good news.

the current ironhand version isn't too dark! did you mess with it or something?
No o_O

Suppose 3.26 isent save compatible with .25 or am i lucky and it is?
It isn't but why would you update? Most of the stuff requires a new world anyway (and you could fix the buffalo MALE token by yourself).

I'm trying to DL it but it keeps coming up as a blank software it, any suggestions that could help me?
I think my computer is a windows 6 or vista.
Use winrar/7zip to open the archive.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »

Ahh, again learned something, Thanks. But the smooth wasn't it either. So I took the one from my lazy newb pack, and now I feel like at home! May I ask, what are those 'Potted Plant' thingies good for? And I noticed a golden goose or something on embark - does it do what I mean, and lay gold nuggets? It was expensive, so I didn't test it^^
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: January 05, 2012, 08:50:51 pm »

Golden geese lay golden eggs :P. There's a VERY low chance of one to be born naturally. Nuggets would be more useful I guess.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: January 05, 2012, 08:51:55 pm »

Now you NEED to make a geese that lays steel axes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: January 05, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

Golden geese lay golden eggs :P. There's a VERY low chance of one to be born naturally. Nuggets would be more useful I guess.
Wait are they supposed to lay useless golden eggs? They lay gold bars.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: January 05, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

Oh I forgot that I've changed it to bars to make it useful, I keep forgetting stuff like that, thanks for reminding.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8619 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:38 pm »

Just wanted to say thanks for the Phoebus version! Downloading as I write this!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8620 on: January 05, 2012, 10:59:24 pm »

How do your cavern races work ? I know animalmen just have a camp and might fight critters... are the dark dwarves and ratman different ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8621 on: January 05, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »

Hey Deon,

Did you do something to the caverns vs. the vanilla version? I ask because I have been frustrated silly by vanilla because I get a lot of maze-like 15 z level tall caverns with lots of 3-4 square vertical pillars and nearly no open space. So right now I create a throwaway game (didn't even prepare carefully) just to look around at some of the new stones, etc (this is my first time playing Genesis) and when I breach the cavern layer what do I see but the most beautiful cavern I have ever seen. It's about 70% open space with TWO lakes and all rock pillars are large enough to put a room in (some could house an entire floor of a fortress, dining hall, workshops, whatever). I could have just got some fortunate, random, beautiful cave but I've embarked too many times and have never seen anything like it so I want to believe you altered something to create it like this. I love it, and hope when I play "for real" that I find one just as great. I have never seen a proper underground lake in vanilla (I find water all the time, but it's in kind of a pillar room with no "shoreline" to speak of). This one has a ground shore around most of the lake. It feels like a real cavern! Thank you!

I am a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff however. And I'm pretty sure the manual is outdated, right, as it conflicts with what you have up in the forum (it still lists ezrakim elves while I think in the forum they changed into desert humans). Is there an updated source of knowledge on the new stuff?

Also, will soundsense run with this? I have to admit I like the new music as a change of pace but I miss the audio cues (such as the cough when a noble makes a mandate, etc.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:49:46 pm by MAurelius »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: January 05, 2012, 11:55:51 pm »

The soundsense will work normally.

You can edit world settings yourself (I think I increased minimum openness and reduced the amount of small tunnels in caverns).

The first/second post are not outdated, I just forgot to remove the mentioning of ezrakim (thanks).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: January 06, 2012, 12:12:54 am »

So, you finally made a website to list all your mods, eh Deon? Great stuff :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8624 on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:53 am »

How do your cavern races work ? I know animalmen just have a camp and might fight critters... are the dark dwarves and ratman different ?

:)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 642