Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230224 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.26 ϟ] - new demons, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #8640 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14:14 pm »

Um i embarked on an awesome haunted glacier but when the skeletal and zombie mammoths went a slaughtering they left behind no remains--phoebus version. My embark party was slaughtered to the man before i could test other things but is it normal? oh it was the fucking doctor sleeping on the job that caused this and he was the first to fall as the skeletal mammoth stomped his lazy head in.
Undead enemies vanish after taking a certain amount of damage.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

wha.... what? why? is this new?

I remember them being unkillable but couldent you just weaken the things holding them together so things could rend them apart? have them die after they lost a certain amount of body parts or just couldent make an attack?

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: January 06, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »

It's a hardcoded part about the current version of DF. It's supposed to simulate smashing them apart over time but it's basically hit points.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: January 06, 2012, 11:36:46 pm »

Disappearing just destroys my DF immersion!

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:20 pm »

It's me again. I have a question.
I really love armoring my dwarves as good as possible, therefore I make much usage of the wiki 'Armor' page. So I know how many mail shirts I can wear in addition to the breastplate etc.
In genesis I can make 4 types of helms instead one, now I can make metal mittens too, and a metal coif (whatever that is?).
I'm asking to you, because I'm not to familiar with it, where to look in the raws to find out about those particular new items. And what to look for. Esspecially the size of said items and their permit size is what matters to me.

If you don't mind, let me know where to look at and what to look for, then I might be able to summarize what is possible when equipping your dwarf. I can then post those results here if you want so people have an easier time equipping their military.

Thanks
Molay

PS: Did I already mention how great this mod is? Not often enough? Ah. Well, it's great! Really loving every single bit of it. And small stuff (like 1 cassiterite for 4 copper to get bronze) is what really makes it feel more... I don't know. Better? More realistic, somewhat? More military-driven probably. I just like it! So thanks for all your hard work.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: January 07, 2012, 01:53:38 am »

Masked helm gives the best head protection and a coif gos under that for realism and extra protection. As far as i know its still the same as vanilla DF so 1 mail+BP or just 2 mails.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: January 07, 2012, 04:19:01 am »

All the armors are in item_armor.txt and item_armor_genesis.txt, helms are in item_helm.txt and item_helm_genesis.txt etc, you've got the idea.

All the helms have 85% coverage, it means that there's a 15% chance to hit an open part, while the masked helm has 95% coverage.

Strangely enough the best outer armor is the orcish Lamellar armor. Because it covers upperbody, lowerbody and arms, while breastplate covers only the chest. I plan to add "technology trading" by adding rare toys which are called "armor plans" which you could use to produce foreign armor (and other items) but I did not come up with that yet.

I don't know about all his time. But I know he's supreme at it.

There's Genesis
His Fallout DF-Mod
He did some stuff for...a zombie rogue-like ((rogue surviver?))
That's all I got, but it's probably a long laundry list of names.
Check my sig, it's just a list of projects which I more or less maintain now (I also have/had mods for Civilization 4 and other games but I am not working on them now).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: January 07, 2012, 05:48:41 am »

I have tried, admittedly, but it is impossible to combine any of the phoebus graphics into Genesis. I wanted to because I disliked the current tileset (not the characters) as it is dark and even.

Is it possible to get a collaboration going? Or maybe just add the missing tiles to existing tilesets to give us some options?

BTW I love the new version, awesome. Keep up the good work.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: January 07, 2012, 09:31:01 am »

Deon I think that there's something wrong with the blast furnace and the crucible.
I can make steel in the finishing forge but the option to do steel in the crucible or in the blast furnace is red.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: January 07, 2012, 01:18:39 pm »

Why do I always start game with seven keepers instead of dwarfs? They have "U" as picture, not smile, and have description of keepers in "Thoughts and preferences".
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8650 on: January 07, 2012, 03:19:54 pm »

I'm unfortunately kind of dependent on the Lazy Newb Pack and have a few questions as to how to bring some of the features of the LNP to Genesis:

I turn exotic animals off (so they can be trained by anyone), economy off, and aquifers off. This is using buttons on the LNP GUI. How do I do the same thing with Genesis? I think Genesis already has water showing the level (1-7).

I also like to run my game at 200 FPS and Genesis is notably slower. How do I change that not using the LNP?

LNP comes with a utility that allows you to make small changes to the Phoebus tileset (I guess he has multiple versions, water of different levels of brightness, walls curved or diagonal, different ways of displaying stone and ores, etc.). Is there a way I can "import" that utility to my genesis folder, or does the LNP come with more texture files than Genesis, allowing it to work? Edit: The file is called DwarfFortressConfig and it's located in the main Phoebus folder under the LNP main folder.

As an aside, wouldn't it be awesome if the kind folks who put together the LNP made it mod compatible (so say you download Genesis or Dig Deeper or whatever and you put them in the LNP Utilities folder) and then can just click a button using the LNP GUI that says "use mod: Genesis" and it will automatically install Genesis, and later if you push another button you can get back to regular vanilla or another mod and still keep all your chosen graphical and other settings - Brilliant!

No, I'm not a newb, but I'm incredibly lazy. :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:22:01 pm by MAurelius »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: January 07, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »

Under the data/init folder, there are two files, D_INIT and INIT, both .txt files. Every individual option in them are pretty self-explanatory.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8652 on: January 07, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »

WOW. Tons of good stuff in there, Putnam. Thanks!

joeymax23

• Bay Watcher
  • How can you stop hue/When hue is already hue?!
    • View Profile
    • Land of Knowledge and Answers
« Reply #8653 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »

i dont know whats wrong but i've heard of people playing with werewolves and i cant play as any of the new subraces in adventure mode just the some human,elf,dwarf,human outsider help?
When we are born, we cry
When we die, we understand why.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

i dont know whats wrong but i've heard of people playing with werewolves and i cant play as any of the new subraces in adventure mode just the some human,elf,dwarf,human outsider help?
Bad install, none of those should even be options.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 642