Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232562 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25e ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7785 on: August 29, 2011, 02:29:30 pm »

In df all caves have the same temperature. But it's a nice idea to make more dry/fire-related plants for the lower levels (and probably some hell plants?).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25e ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7786 on: August 29, 2011, 03:42:37 pm »

In df all caves have the same temperature. But it's a nice idea to make more dry/fire-related plants for the lower levels (and probably some hell plants?).

Hey...answer my questions five posts above please.  :)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25e ϟ] - ASCII dev version
« Reply #7787 on: August 29, 2011, 03:52:40 pm »

I'm a bit surprised I haven't posted in this thread yet.

Genesis was pretty much entirely responsible for me getting in to modding, mostly because I love pretty much all of the added content. So, yeah, thanks a lot Deon and TomiTapio.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: August 29, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

Sorry, I was typing from the phone and missed your post. Do you mean the rocktip bolt/arrow problem? It happens because they share the same hotkey. Go into reaction_crafting.txt and change one of them (both are CUSTOM_A). Thanks for reminding me about this bug btw.

I'm a bit surprised I haven't posted in this thread yet.

Genesis was pretty much entirely responsible for me getting in to modding, mostly because I love pretty much all of the added content. So, yeah, thanks a lot Deon and TomiTapio.
You are welcome :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:15 pm »

Sorry, I was typing from the phone and missed your post. Do you mean the rocktip bolt/arrow problem? It happens because they share the same hotkey. Go into reaction_crafting.txt and change one of them (both are CUSTOM_A). Thanks for reminding me about this bug btw.

I originally thought that might be the case too, but it was still happening after I removed their Custom build keys to none.  Odd...

I have it working now though.  I just deleted their entries in ammo_genesis and reaction_crafting and recreated them.  *Shrug*

Also..are they supposed to be Foreign?  Theyre not listed as permitted ammo types in entity_default.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: August 29, 2011, 04:18:12 pm »

Yeah, I don't want you to be able to craft "bronze rocktip bolts" :). Thus, reactions only.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: August 29, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »

Yeah, I don't want you to be able to craft "bronze rocktip bolts" :). Thus, reactions only.

That makes perfect sense.  How eerie...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: August 29, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »

after playing around with genesis mod for an extended period of time. i like it... i only have one complaint that being the graphics in some cases. the ASCII version made horrible color choices in some situations while the sprite/tileset versions had other various small things i didn't like. most of my complaints were with how bad the text looked in some cases. i know 90% of this is difficult/impossible to avoid but i just thought id point that out.

other than that i love the mod in general.

there is no point to playing as some of the beasts you can be outsiders of in adventure mode
but its still pretty fun to mess around as a dragon or something for a while.

bronze colossi are moderately fun to play as. but i got bored due to being invincible.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: August 29, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »

Could you be more specific which color choices/other things you didn't like? I can't make it better unless you tell me what is it, and I am open for suggestions and criticism :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: August 30, 2011, 12:41:26 am »

Hey, I have a couple things I wanted to mention. Bugs, or something of the like. I'm not criticizing your work, I don't know if these are intended, or if they are unavoidable.
First off: I've noticed that cold things have the effect of burning people, and heat sometimes leaves people frost-bitten. For instance, nord bandits will spawn with ice weapons, and they will already have burns when they show up, on the hand that holds the weapon. Sometimes they will combust after a while. And the fireball arrows will give people frostbite.
Secondly, in a most recent worldgen, people actually spawned with swords made of the fireball material, therefor instantly burned to death. Is there a tag I can add to the material or something that will prevent npcs from spawning with it?
That's all, don't take any of this negatively, I'm sure my own modifications might have caused some of this. Thanks for an awesome mod!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:01 am »

Whaaaaat? Fireball swords?!!!

Tomiiii, what did you change ;D? Hahaha. Well, it never happened to me, I will check it in a moment. Did you use the latest ASCII version?

P.S. I've checked it and it should not happen. Do you have an errorlog.txt in your game folder by chance? What does it say?

Also are you sure you didn't copy over an old game folder? Because it would screw the things up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:30:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DeadRed88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: August 30, 2011, 02:32:26 am »

Whaaaaat? Fireball swords?!!!

Tomiiii, what did you change ;D? Hahaha. Well, it never happened to me, I will check it in a moment. Did you use the latest ASCII version?

P.S. I've checked it and it should not happen. Do you have an errorlog.txt in your game folder by chance? What does it say?

Also are you sure you didn't copy over an old game folder? Because it would screw the things up.
Nah, latest ironhand version. And like I said, I've made several modifications myself. But just some basic stuff like adding new weapons, crafting reactions, and materials. Still, I can't imagine why items would all the sudden start spawning made of fireball material.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: August 30, 2011, 02:37:20 am »

You didn't answer, do you have an errorlog.txt? Screwing up with a single entry can turn the whole word into a fireball :P. DF modding is like that: you shift the relative values of materials or something like that and EVERYTHING is not right (like civilizations of fluffy wamblers with stone for fur).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:47 am »

I'm focusing on creatures now.

>> DOWNLOAD <<

Genesis 3.25f - "benign-normal" release.
* Creatures from benign-normal regions were reorganized:
- Benign-normal creatures' descriptions tell their size and body type/stance (bipedal, quadruped etc.) for better understanding of relative sizes.
- Ferrets now appear in the wild and are called "polecats".
- Sheep now appear in the wild.
- Llamas and alpacas now appear in the wild (mountains).
- Water buffalo is now just "buffalo" and appears in more places (I didn't want to be too specific with buffalo types, but I want ezrakim elves to have large bovine skulls with curved horns :P).
- Guineafowls now appear in the wild.
- In addition to Tomi's "marsh owl" added a common "owl", forests and shrubland need a night bird variant too.
- Some birds are no longer benign, to populate normal-normal areas with more birds.
- Most of apes are no longer benign.
- Added herons and storks.
- Macaques are now benign.

* Werewolves are now "beastmen", they settle the savage forests now (they were living in benign forests before).

Anyway, I've realized that there's too many benign-normal and normal-normal creatures. There's almost no good-savage, benign-evil etc. creature variants, which calls for a huge creature update.

I will reorganize the existing creatures first (I will release updates in bunches, with each area reorganized (normal-normal next)),

In preparation for the next release where vampires and werewolves will be added to the game mechanic and could be applied to any creature, the werewolves' race is now called "beastmen".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:02:12 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Was experimenting with elves again, casting fireball arrows and shooting em off. Every enemy had parts exploding in blood mist/clouds but survived, even a shot to the head but not hitting the brain. How. Is. That. Possible?!

Also, sometimes I see frost-bite coming from those struck with fireball x. I got frost-bite when covered by boiling blood mist a few turns later, cured by fast travel but seeing you freeze by flame is kind of off.

Note: The image for the warrior princess <Ezrakim> is a bit off. It looks like a little girl NOT a warrior. And a small bug, sometimes when creatures die (bonobo monkeys for one) they turn into their ASCII counterpart, it became a blue m)

Using the Ironhand tileset.

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 642