Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232425 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might be wrong but the last version I played had an option to disable dwarf castes so you could play with "normal" stone dwarfs only.
Is this still possible?

That version used a mod loader. It hasn't been updated since it was first made, I thought.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im unable to equip crafted gloves in adventure mode. i made them from wolf bone and have unequipped everything and still cant equip them. boots, helm, and breastplate. made from same pack of wolves worked fine.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Yeah, crafted gloves are messed up because they don't get a left/right tag. Boots don't either, but they don't need them.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mayama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is relatively easy to do, just delete all other castes and "select caste" statements that refer to them. Here's the relevant file for you, with only stone dwarves:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/creature_genesis.txt (not tested, might give errors.)

Sorry, no configuration program to "use the new minerals y/n, use the new metals y/n, use dwarf castes y/n, number of enemy civs 0...7"

Nice :D thank you

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help me pls.. Furnace operators doesn't want to make charcoals.

Wood burners make charcoal.  Wood burning is under the Farming group of labors, not the metalworking group.  Same as in vanilla.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25d ] - Tomitapio's and Dimosa's versions adde
« Reply #7760 on: August 26, 2011, 02:59:49 pm »

holy cow. ive bought a phone with internet powers and i am typing this through it. forums just became a hundred times better!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, crafted gloves are messed up because they don't get a left/right tag. Boots don't either, but they don't need them.

alright thanks for letting me know. its ok though i found some cobalt gloves later on.

also everything i craft that is armor/weapon related seems to be masterpiece. i know its randomish so i guess im just lucky.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #7762 on: August 26, 2011, 03:50:27 pm »

holy cow. ive bought a phone with internet powers and i am typing this through it. forums just became a hundred times better!
If it be an Android phone, I have some app (not game) recommendations to give. I wouldn't want to type a paragraph of text using a touchscreen mobile.

Edit: Art: a Finnish lass on my watchlist drew a dwarf portrait: http://kissaotus.deviantart.com/art/Gald-Son-Of-Uruk-Colored-254961778
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:46:44 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Dwarf13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Tommi, tnx for the great updates!
Quick question, did you test them for having siedges\ambushes?
Id played first fort for 4 (!!) years not having a thing exept random snatchers\thiefs

OK, id regen new world, setting savagery'\civs to max and embarked sinister location... Well its the end of the 2nd year and still no action :|

I'd recall having massive siedges starting the end of the year 2 earlier in this mod, and even sometimes ambushes early y2, making me to abandon the fort or lock tight underground. :)

Cheers

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: August 27, 2011, 04:03:02 am »

Nah, I picked a cheap phone (around 70 bucks) so no touchpad. But it has a qwerty keyvoard, so perfect for forums. It's samsung E2222 or something like that :),
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yay, I'm finally working on it :D.

Current changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick, remind me about something important I need to make!

P.S. Damn it, TomiTapio, I AM LOVING IT!

Thank you very much for this work, it took a long time, I know :D.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:15:12 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25d ϟ] - I'm back, dudes :D
« Reply #7766 on: August 28, 2011, 06:50:56 am »

Leather is now back!!

Small question on the raws, how do I replace (patch?) my old Genesis raws (before all the new stuff) with the new ones? And if I get the seed of the world created and re-use it, do I get the same world? Or do I have to download the new release and generate a new one?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: August 28, 2011, 07:21:16 am »

If you use a bit modified raw files, the seed wil make a different world...

You can use the Winmerge program to compare two /raw/ versions and make appropriate changes. It's really easy.

Meanwhile, the next release is ready for ASCII. Now I need to spend a hell lot of time to make graphical versions :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:15 am »

If it may, could you please post the link to that?  :)

Found a bug(?) below:

I have a Sylvan Elf adventurer with supersylvan strength.
Turned my combat preferences to Close Combat (wrestling) to train it up on a wounded Dusk Elf bandit. (Wounded by jabbing my bow, acts just like Tomi's bayonet but the name changed and a tiny bit of editing to make a difference.)
After some turns, I break mostly all appendages and grab hold of her lower left leg. Then throw her.
This happened, I thought the fact of being fly-weight was removed? Don't mod it out, I love this. From Dabbling Wrestler to an Adept. And from that to legendary on the rest (who sadly did not fly no matter how many throws I performed.)

That's about three whole screens to the Northwest...

P.S. I love the image change when you get to Legendary in a skill, +Red Headband and martial look.

On another note, When you gather wood from any tree, you get pine logs.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: August 28, 2011, 09:22:23 am »

On another note, When you gather wood from any tree, you get pine logs.

That's because reactions can't track the location of adventurer so the type of wood must be determined directly in reaction.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 642