Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232501 times)

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In that case, perhaps you would be interested in the Weapon Mod Mod, which has separate downloads for vanilla DF and Genesis compatible versions. It has a lot of weapon modifications, including:

Errr, oops. I guess I just performed the textbook definition of reinventing the wheel. Thanks for the link! I'll go check it out.

Okay, apparently syndromes through gases work really randomly. I mean even without RESISTABLE and with 100% chance they still kick in pretty rarely. However they work, so you will get three more spells at your disposal. Especially wicked one is the petrification, since creatures suffocate. Morpheus gift is nice too to cause them to fall asleep.

My personal experience with instant-vaporizing items is that they are very random. Sometimes they won't even create the cloud of vapor before completely disappearing, let alone affect the unit standing on top of it. Conjured up a bunch of syndrome-vapor producing bolts in adventure mode, dropped them all inside a room filled with orcs and ran away -- Lots of vapor, but no suffocation reports or anything even after walking around outside for a long time. So I'm very interested in how you got it to work. :D In my tests item size does not seem to effect the amount of vapor produced -- a barrel didn't seem to create more vapor than a crossbow bolt for example.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get rid of the freezing vapor? I tried to eat it, but there is too much of it, I jumped into water and have been encased in ice, I jumped into magma and freezed to death. Can only rain save me?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Oh and boulder spells work if the creatures are "caught in a cloud of x" instead of a burst. Meaning that the spell needs to hit bullseye on the target creature.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get rid of the freezing vapor? I tried to eat it, but there is too much of it, I jumped into water and have been encased in ice, I jumped into magma and freezed to death. Can only rain save me?

Most probably, but you'll need to wait until you "thaw", because if you immediately jump into water, you'll still freeze to death.

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okey, can anybody shed some light on this wierd problem, so i got the board item created, got the reaction added to the shop. got the reaction and the item permettid for the race, but when i say create the item when he is done, NOTHING there.....

anyone has a idea what went wrong?
For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Well, you'd have to post some raws here first.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is gelatinous cube killable?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Now it is. It has two parts now, so you can chop it in half.

Also previously I've made a mistake: I've added a neural knot (I don't remember the exact name) but I gave it NOTHOUGHT, so it was useless. Now it can be killed by destroying its neural center. Well, in the upcoming release I mean :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Now it is. It has two parts now, so you can chop it in half.

Also previously I've made a mistake: I've added a neural knot (I don't remember the exact name) but I gave it NOTHOUGHT, so it was useless. Now it can be killed by destroying its neural center. Well, in the upcoming release I mean :).

Yes, I remember that time when even my rocket blasting (dimension zero based attack, except on godhax levels) golem couldn't even get to kill this aberration.

The only way to kill it was to encase it in obsidian or cave it in.

Oh and that neural knot was called the 'central knot'.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just had my version of Bronzemurdered.

a fire-something creature got into my fort (MAGMA!) and set the entry point ablaze. the result? 32 insta-deaths, then tantruming etc. brought my entire fort to 3 dwarves. and a mind flayer (CTHULU!!!!!!!!) got away with the 4th one (damn you snatchers!)

now my dwarves have more than 50 coffins to make. but they are all happy.

oh, the lake was made by my dwarves.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Ouch, now they are traumatized to the point of feigning happiness. DD:

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

or they just enjoy fiddling with the dead corpses, having dark, happy thoughts upon burial, enjoying being alone, and to harass the various merchants with their desires to kill and bury them.... remember, dwarves are sick bastard sons of chuck norris and adamantine, then enhanced via bloodsoaking. (there is A TON of blood all around the place.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:07:25 am by kerlc »

Nirek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if anyone here uses Dwarf Foreman with genesis, but I started working on a dfjobs.xml for genesis and thought I'd share.

Still fairly small, I have alot of stuff written but untested, this is what's tested so far:

Code: [Select]
<!-- Bins -->
    <dfjob name="Wooden bin" category="Bins" type="76" materialType="wood">
        <item type="bin" material="all" />
<!-- <item type="bin" material="organic" /> -->
        <source type="wood" material="all" />
    </dfjob> 
<!-- Bins End -->
<!-- Buckets -->
    <dfjob name="Wooden bucket" category="Buckets" type="128" materialType="wood">
        <item type="bucket" material="all" />
<!-- <item type="bucket" material="organic" /> -->
    </dfjob> 
<!-- Buckets End -->
    <dfjob name="Wooden bed" category="Beds" type="71" materialType="wood">
        <!-- <item type="bed" material="all" /> -->
<item type="bed" material="organic" />
    </dfjob>
<!-- Barrels -->
    <dfjob name="Wooden barrel" category="Barrels" type="127" materialType="wood">
        <item type="barrel" material="all" />
<!-- <item type="barrel" material="organic" /> -->
<!-- <item type="tool" subtype="pot" material="inorganic"/> subtype not supported, nor are rockpots that are full-->
    </dfjob> 
<!-- Rock Pots aren't supported if full, and can't be item'd as subtype isn't supported in item
    <dfjob name="Rock pot" category="Barrels" type="221" subtype = "pot" materialType="other" other="INORGANIC">
        <item type="tool" subtype="pot" material="inorganic"/>
<item type="barrel" material="all"/>
        <source type="boulder" material="all" />
    </dfjob>
-->
<!-- Barrels End -->
<!-- Chairs -->
    <dfjob name="Wooden chair" category="Chairs" type="72" materialType="wood">
        <item type="chair" material="organic" />
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="Rock throne" category="Chairs" type="72" materialType="other" other="INORGANIC">
        <item type="chair" material="inorganic" /> <!-- Also catches metal chairs, unknown solution-->
    </dfjob>
<!-- Chairs End -->

<dfjob name="Rock crafts" category="craftdwarf" type="83" materialType="other" other="INORGANIC">
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="Rock mechanisms" category="mechanic" type="141" materialType="other" other="INORGANIC">
        <item type="trapparts" material="all" /> <!-- Dunno if trapparts is used for anything other than mechanisms -->
    </dfjob>

<dfjob name="drink" category="still" type="150" stack="5">
    <item type="drink" material="all" />   
<source type="plant" material="THORN_SHARD" />   <!-- plant_botany_cave.txt --> <!-- Genesis_3.25dTT_Ironhand__WarDomestics_June14 -->
<source type="plant" material="STALK_PURPLE" />
<source type="plant" material="BOIL_BLOOD" />
<source type="plant" material="BERRIES_GLOW" />
<source type="plant" material="ROOT_STONE" />
<source type="plant" material="CANE_CRYSTAL" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_CACAO" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_CORN_ALBINO" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_POTATO" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_PUMPKIN" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_BEAN_ALBINO" />
<source type="plant" material="CAVE_CHILI" />
<source type="plant" material="ROCK_MELON" /> <!-- plant_botany_cave.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_GRAPE" /> <!-- plant_botany_fruit.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="BERRY_MOON" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_WATERMELON" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_BLACKBERRY" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_PINEAPPLE" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_REDCURRANT" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_BLACKCURRANT" />
<source type="plant" material="FRUIT_DRAGON" />
<source type="plant" material="CUCUMBER" /> <!-- plant_botany_fruit.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="GRAIN_TUMBLEWEED" /> <!-- plant_botany_grain.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="GRAIN_BUCKWHEAT" />
<source type="plant" material="GRAIN_WHEAT" />
<source type="plant" material="GRAIN_BARLEY" />
<source type="plant" material="GRAIN_RICE" />
<source type="plant" material="CORN" />
<source type="plant" material="RYE" /> <!-- plant_botany_grain.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="LEAF_BUSH_AGAVE" /> <!-- plant_botany_leaf.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="LEAF_DANDELION" />
<source type="plant" material="LEAF_HOPS" /> <!-- plant_botany_leaf.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="ROOT_GINGER" /> <!-- plant_botany_root.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="ROOT_POTATO_SWEET" /> <!-- plant_botany_root.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="STEM_SUGARCANE" /> <!-- plant_botany_stem.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="STEM_HEMP" /> <!-- plant_botany_stem.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="ROOT_GINSENG" /> <!-- plant_genesis.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="NIGHTSHADE" />
<source type="plant" material="VEGETABLE_TOMATO" /> <!-- plant_genesis.txt end -->
<source type="plant" material="MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP" /> <!-- plant_standard.txt -->
<source type="plant" material="GRASS_TAIL_PIG" />
<source type="plant" material="GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE" />
<source type="plant" material="POD_SWEET" />
<source type="plant" material="ROOT_MUCK" />
<source type="plant" material="TUBER_BLOATED" />
<source type="plant" material="BULB_KOBOLD" />
<source type="plant" material="BERRIES_PRICKLE" />
<source type="plant" material="BERRIES_STRAW_WILD" />
<source type="plant" material="GRASS_LONGLAND" />
<source type="plant" material="WEED_RAT" />
<source type="plant" material="BERRIES_FISHER" />
<source type="plant" material="REED_ROPE" />
<source type="plant" material="SLIVER_BARB" />
<source type="plant" material="BERRY_SUN" />
<source type="plant" material="VINE_WHIP" /> <!-- plant_standard.txt end -->
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="Lavish foods" category="still" type="115" subtype="4" stack="5" materialType="other" other = "GLASS_CLEAR">
<!-- No idea why it thinks it needs clear glass, but it does, anything else gives a 'empty' job in kitchen that produces easy meals -->
<item type="food" material="all" />   
    </dfjob>

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

TomiTapio, any reason why did you reduce the cardinal (bird) population to 20:50 while keeping other vermin bird at 250:500?
P.S. Tomi, FYI, yaks do not moo, they growl. Now I have to combine your sounds with mine :P.
I guess the cardinal was very prominent on the world's population text export. I think 250-500 is for flies, maggots, beetles, earthworms; and smaller numbers for squirrels and birds. Anyways I still haven't made a giant squirrel.

I put placeholder "shuffles/a quiet shuffling" sound to all prone_to_rage beasts. Badger train shuffles choo-choo!
Got much more to do on adventurer-sounds front, but for now you get the eagle, pigeon seagull spiritraven noises okay.

Currently playing: Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta (did other expansions ages ago.)

(private message) zen caste
Zen goes well with archery skill.
Zen, give concentration, persuasion, judging_intent and comedian skill. Comedy because http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-PHIL/ew27029.htm

How about... orcs mining skill xp gains are 8% instead of 100% ? That would certainly be different. Try [SKILL_RATE:MINING:8:60:12:120].
Also could make mining skill rust quickly:  [SKILL_RATE:MINING:8:10:6:30]
AND make picks super expensive so can't embark with it.. (orcish rule: picks can only be made of steel)

TomiTapio, I've merged your changes in. I took everything but made some minor tweaks.
Are these all the creatures you've added, or did I miss some?
Thanks! Didya see Baldur Monk the naked Nord kung-fu master? (I couldn't get them to put clothes on. They're similar to a "wandering goblin hero" which I haven't made yet.)

Then I will have to update that damn japanese language file which I did not touch for a month, and make graphics for the new creatures, and it will be ready.
And Deon's changes will get merged to my sub-release...
How about an adventurer spell "bogeymen be gone"? But they're randomly named so syndrome cannot target only them..
Perhaps spell "summon pool of contact poison" since bogeys don't have footwear.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:41:32 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here are the raws i'm using

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 642