Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232450 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i STILL haven't gotten my answer: ARE THE HALBERDS EQUAL TO THOSE IN VANILLA?

geez....

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

i STILL haven't gotten my answer: ARE THE HALBERDS EQUAL TO THOSE IN VANILLA?

geez....

Pikes stab. Halberds cut. Depending on your preferences, you might want to disable the opponent from the inside or cut of their limbs entirely.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

kerlc, it hasn't even been a day since you asked the question. You need to relax - they may be busy, and the modding board is relatively slow compared to the others.

The easiest way to check for yourself is to compare the raw entry for halberds in Genesis with those in vanilla.

They're different.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kerlc, it hasn't even been a day since you asked the question. You need to relax - they may be busy, and the modding board is relatively slow compared to the others.

The easiest way to check for yourself is to compare the raw entry for halberds in Genesis with those in vanilla.

They're different.

HOW? that is because my modding experience has rarely taken me beyond adding/removing tags from plants and creatures, and let us not forget civs.

and i am a calm person, but i am just so nerved out today. YOU try to take care of 3 $%"(%&(#/(!!"## little cousins for the whole day, and we'll se how YOU react.

plantpot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

is there a list anywere of genesis nobles and what they do? couse im confused
thx :)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Pike is two-handed until user is 60kg.
Dwarfs, goblins and elves weight 60 kg and humans a bit more, so who will need both hands to use a pike, kobolds?
They're all 70 kg in Genesis, thanks to Deon, so armor is compatible between the peace-loving races. I'm tempted to make pikes always two-handed, because they're "3 to 7.5 metres (10 to 25 feet) long". Close-combat spears are a rather different weapon. And there should be "all-metal short spear" and "metal-tip short wooden spear" with different staff-bashing properties.

May I ask where can i stockpile the Rocktip Bolts? I dont think the options appear in the Ammo pile
They're slightly bugged that way. Best way to ensure those bolts getting picked up seems to be.. deconstruct the workshop, leave ammo there. I'm testing the new "bayonet inbuilt" wooden crossbows in current fort. Wild bulls getting a dungload of "tearing the muscle".

wat does a dongeon keeper and dongeon lord do
Nothing, as "taming of exotic animals" vanilla DF feature is still broken. But you can still give someone that noble position, for role-playing.

My Halberds are currently
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
after some recent tuning.
Very hard to compare to battle axe's [ATTACK:EDGE:10000:2800:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250] and greataxe's [ATTACK:EDGE:25000:3800:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
unless do many arena tests. Anyone want to do "30 stone dwarf in iron armor & iron battleaxe" vs. "30 stone dwarf in iron armor & iron halberd"? Not me.

is there a list anywere of genesis nobles and what they do? couse im confused thx :)
Here you go, the documentation all dorf nobles: They're useless, except bookkeeper, manager, psychiatrist. Oh and the site leader who talks trade agreements (Of course Red Steel you beard-combing fools!)

Now merging my recent things to my ascii sub-release...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:31:12 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'll just wait for your new Ironhand release to upload a new version. That's the only thing that holds me back (and the need to draw a few more sprites :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

:'( :'( :'( Sub-release time!  :'( :'( :'(
Ironhand: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_Ironhand_WarDucks_Marbles_June21.zip
ASCII (and all replace-your-own-tileset peeps): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_ASCII_WarDucks_Marbles_June21.zip
Think of this "every domestic can be trained for combat" as the dwarf civ discovering an ancient tablet that teaches how to dunk waterboard bloodbathe the animals until they damn well obey their owners. QUACK, DAMN YOU.

Changelog:

See why I added Pink Marble and Pure Marble and Black Marble: http://www.hesatterwhite.com/S-Marble.shtml
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:35:50 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sooo... what does psychiatrist do? convert crazy people?

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sooo... what does psychiatrist do? convert crazy people?

[NAME:psychiatrist:psychiatrists]
   [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
   [RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]

they take over those two responsibilities off the site leader

They're all 70 kg in Genesis, thanks to Deon, so armor is compatible between the peace-loving races. I'm tempted to make pikes always two-handed, because they're "3 to 7.5 metres (10 to 25 feet) long". Close-combat spears are a rather different weapon. And there should be "all-metal short spear" and "metal-tip short wooden spear" with different staff-bashing properties.
i remember reading a post about "realistic" material input for production including workshops, id est carpenter's workshop needs saw n' ax, making a spear needs a wooden shaft and a metal tip etc.

VinWij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i remember reading a post about "realistic" material input for production including workshops, id est carpenter's workshop needs saw n' ax, making a spear needs a wooden shaft and a metal tip etc.

And create an entire freaking production factory for a simple spear? You'dd also need metal nails for the spear, and beeswax to make it look shiny, oil pressed from some nut to wax the wooden shaft with so it doesn't rot in the rain and a metal chisel and hammer so a dwarf can name it. And a bucket to contain the oil, no, a metal can so we have yet another semi-product. Yes, let's make it massively complex so we need 50 dwarves and as much workshops to create a spear! A SPEAR! Don't get me started on the components required for a pump, a 5 z-level pump stack would take around 10 years in the making!

Aren't dwarves smart enough to figure out how to do all that shit with just a piece of metal? MAYBE add a log as reagent, but that's it...

There. I feel better now. ^_^

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
Morningstar of heavens ATTACK:BLUNT:60000:50000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:20000
Morningstar ATTACK:EDGE:10:500:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000
Spiked mace  ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:2000
What's the point of spiked mace existence? And why Morningstar of Heavens has got huge contact area (6000 times bigger than a normal morningstar lol) and blunt damage (will it cut limbs off with edge damage or something?)?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I ask if you can drown werewolves ??

I got a few werewolves inside my drowning chamber and nothing seems to be happening to them.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Check if the creature has SWIMS_INNATE or swimming skill. If the werewolves have either one of those tags, you'll have to devise a better drowning trap.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And create an entire freaking production factory for a simple spear? You'dd also need metal nails for the spear, and beeswax to make it look shiny, oil pressed from some nut to wax the wooden shaft with so it doesn't rot in the rain and a metal chisel and hammer so a dwarf can name it. And a bucket to contain the oil, no, a metal can so we have yet another semi-product. Yes, let's make it massively complex so we need 50 dwarves and as much workshops to create a spear! A SPEAR! Don't get me started on the components required for a pump, a 5 z-level pump stack would take around 10 years in the making!

Aren't dwarves smart enough to figure out how to do all that shit with just a piece of metal? MAYBE add a log as reagent, but that's it...

There. I feel better now. ^_^

LoL very vivid association of ideas, but
of course not that realistic. it's about realistic input materials, not components.
i was not clear enough on the spear. I meant it needed a wooden shaft and a metal tip, so we choose a wooden log and a metal bar upon ordering such production. or we leave the choice to our beloved dwarves.
maybe in a way to build two spears with one wood log and one metal bar, for the sake of mineral scarcity. so ppl can have a choice of a stronger full-metal short spear in hills rich of iron and coal, or a metal spear head mounted on a staff in a challenging embark.
also it's definitely great that one day weapons armours furniture and other item would cost some upkeep, wax, oil and other things as you mentioned, and of course some labour and money(when economy returns without bugs)
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 642