Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232479 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Are you going to make a .25 ASCII version? I believe you have said it would be a lot of work, but what exactly would you need to do to convert the Ironhand version to the ASCII version? If it isn't too complex you could possibly do it like you did the Orc language file.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keric

KERLC, Bay watcher cancels post, struck by teh urge to kill

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS KERLC!

K-E-R-L-C!!!!!!

WITH AN L!!!!!

KERLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEPLE, I AM NOT A FUCKING N00B! TeHz00r??? FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KERLC, Bay watcher cancels murder, being banned.

Kerlc, bay watcher has been banned

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I like the suggestions i get so far. I wasn't really planning on adding Chinese stuff to the orcs, and changing thier style to a bit more paganism, so a comby of Japanese culture and paganism ( shamans etc )

And i really like the zen orc, though i think i'm going to give it different stats, like extremely good at medical skills and psychiatry. becouse they are not bound what the eyes see. but what they can feel and the spirits tell them.

I will also look into the monks, i think i'll give them some sort of magic, but give them extremely good stats for melee combat.

Also i decided to change the chief medical orc rank to Witch doctor
and the psychiatrist to shaman.

as i want to give them a more spiritual heritage.

Still looking for a way to make them depressed when underground for too long. ;D

so far i like everybody's ideas, keep it up and i'll make this one hell of a mod  :P

I happen to know a way on how to make chi strikes work in adventure mode. Basically like adding a contact syndrome, except it's boiling and gaseous and inhalable.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

about the fireworks: nice idea, but in DF?
I dunno where my fireworks idea came from.
And I dunno, maybe a monk caste that can give chi strikes to their opponent. (paralysis, ice, fire or something similar.)
I can see specialattack/hand injects "ki disruption" -- opponent gets unconsciousness, numbness, nausea, internal bruising, dizziness. Or injects molten iron.
And the legendary "delayed death" strike very doable with injected syndrome. Left hand, right hand and bite can all inject a different venom.
(Hey a ninjutsu dictionary: http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk/japanese_dictionary.html )

How about this: Fireworks workshop makes a toy called fireworks, for exporting, from gunpowder-bars and Deon's vellum (or milled papyrus reed).
A 4% chance that the fireworks shop makes an !!Error!! and creates a bonfire. (future DF versions: summons a curious fire imp)

NAIL_TEMPLATE doesn't have HEALING RATE - does it mean that smashed nails will never heal?
Thanks, I'll sort that out. Hopefully nail/claw/talon healing does not crash the game, but anything is poss...

Are you going to make a .25 ASCII version? I believe you have said it would be a lot of work, but what exactly would you need to do to convert the Ironhand version to the ASCII version? If it isn't too complex you could possibly do it like you did the Orc language file.
Orc Fort is allowed to use my ascii raws as a base. I'll have a June-20 or June-21 ascii ver out soon I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:03:38 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Great! I like Ironhand but I also like ASCII, and using a tile set too much is annoying.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

<wall of text>
I see nothing wrong with Keric. It's easier to pronounce, that's why people say it. Chill, man :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<wall of text>
I see nothing wrong with Keric. It's easier to pronounce, that's why people say it. Chill, man :).

i know it is easier to pronounce, but at least you could say my name correctly. it's like calling you Don, or Den, or something. it just proves that you do not pay attention (or you simply do not respect the guy.) i like to be called by my name, thatnk you (technically it's a nickname, but what ever) (i consider myself a peaceful guy, but when the lid blows off it hits neptune)

so to all of those who plan to talk with me, remember: kerLc

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

<wall of text>

i know it is easier to pronounce, but at least you could say my name correctly. it's like calling you Don, or Den, or something. it just proves that you do not pay attention (or you simply do not respect the guy.) i like to be called by my name, thatnk you (technically it's a nickname, but what ever) (i consider myself a peaceful guy, but when the lid blows off it hits neptune)

so to all of those who plan to talk with me, remember: kerLc
I actually don't mind Den because I am Dennis IRL, and Don sounds plain badass.
 I think you should stop worrying about stuff and enjoy the life :).

P.S. If you want, I can add your text to the first post if it bothers you so much.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:01:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

P.S. If you want, I can add your text to the first post if it bothers you so much.

*shady corner in bar*
"Genesis, you say? You're gonna have to talk to the Don for that..."
"How do I find him?"
"You don't find him. The Don... He finds you."

...Sorry, couldn't resist. Just so that this post isn't (totally) spam, I've been trying to add a reaction that fix bayonets onto crossbows so they get a mediocre stab attack in melee. It's really annoying how reactions don't consider the quality of items used in it, argh. Getting a -steel bayonet xbow- out of a -birch crossbow- and -steel bayonet- is alright as the material of the crossbow only matters in melee and not in firing, but getting a masterwork out of two ordinary components just feels weird. Dwarf so good at adding bayonets the crossbow actually becomes a lot more accurate? Dwarven logic at it's finest...

And I'd like to second that I don't really like mixing Japanese and Chinese stuff. As a Chinese guy who happens to speak some Japanese the little things kind of stand out. :P OrcFort looks awesome though, will give it a run as soon as my current fort screws up.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The crossbow becomes accurate? I thought that the quality of crossbows only helps their bashing attack.

TomiTapio, any reason why did you reduce the cardinal (bird) population to 20:50 while keeping other vermin bird at 250:500?

P.S. Tomi, FYI, yaks do not moo, they growl. Now I have to combine your sounds with mine :P.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:13:37 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

*shady corner in bar*
"Genesis, you say? You're gonna have to talk to the Don for that..."
"How do I find him?"
"You don't find him. The Don... He finds you."

...Sorry, couldn't resist. Just so that this post isn't (totally) spam, I've been trying to add a reaction that fix bayonets onto crossbows so they get a mediocre stab attack in melee. It's really annoying how reactions don't consider the quality of items used in it, argh. Getting a -steel bayonet xbow- out of a -birch crossbow- and -steel bayonet- is alright as the material of the crossbow only matters in melee and not in firing, but getting a masterwork out of two ordinary components just feels weird. Dwarf so good at adding bayonets the crossbow actually becomes a lot more accurate? Dwarven logic at it's finest...

And I'd like to second that I don't really like mixing Japanese and Chinese stuff. As a Chinese guy who happens to speak some Japanese the little things kind of stand out. :P OrcFort looks awesome though, will give it a run as soon as my current fort screws up.

Now that I think about it, maybe my chinese stuff idea was bad after all. But there should certainly be Wing Chun fighting monks, nah kidding.

There should be chi strikers though, making that useless punching attack more syndrome effective.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I've been trying to add a reaction that fix bayonets onto crossbows so they get a mediocre stab attack in melee. It's really annoying how reactions don't consider the quality of items used in it, argh. Getting a -steel bayonet xbow- out of a -birch crossbow- and -steel bayonet- is alright as the material of the crossbow only matters in melee and not in firing, but getting a masterwork out of two ordinary components just feels weird. Dwarf so good at adding bayonets the crossbow actually becomes a lot more accurate? Dwarven logic at it's finest...

In that case, perhaps you would be interested in the Weapon Mod Mod, which has separate downloads for vanilla DF and Genesis compatible versions. It has a lot of weapon modifications, including:
Bayonets can be added to crossbows. Adds a close range stab attack to the crossbow. Needs one bayonet, and one crossbow. The reaction takes the material from the CROSSBOW, so if you actually intend the bayonet to be useful, make sure the crossbow you're using is metal.

The catch is that the latest versions were for 0.31.18 and there is no feedback on whether or not it would work with anything more recent. It might need to be tweaked a bit to get it to work. That, and I think it would make much more sense to use the material of the bayonet to determine damage, not the crossbow.

(BTW: I'm surprised that Genesis doesn't already have crossbows with a stab attack.)

The crossbow becomes accurate? I thought that the quality of crossbows only helps their bashing attack.

According to the wiki page on crossbows:
The quality of the crossbow affects the accuracy of the shot, while the material of the crossbow is unimportant [to ranged attacks].
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:47:06 am by Thundercraft »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I do not believe everything written on wiki because I often find false stuff there (like 10% of the time).
That's why I said I don't know: unless I tested it (or someone who is an experienced modder), I don't believe it :).

TomiTapio, I've merged your changes in. I took everything but made some minor tweaks.

Are these all the creatures you've added, or did I miss some?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, when do you plan on making a new or updated version?

AcESCAR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I ask how to make the pure iron bar in this mod ??

Having great difficulty making steel and I am quite confuse on how to make this Pure iron bar.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 642