Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230465 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I'm just removing beekeeping from them for now, I don't see any other possible problem...

P.S. I've also removed tools and glaze/toolcrafting reactions. They could cause problems since no other races had them and were working fine. Now they SHOULD work. I've also added iron hardening to them so they get an access to the iron.

Also, the alchemy is going in. Like, right now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:04:02 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SandyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First keppers caravan is never a crash, in those 5-6 games that i've played. But second arrival causes it. Maybe it helps/

Hmm? Every Every game I have played the keepers have crashed on their very first caravan. Might be worth checking what goods they brought/wore on the ones that didn't crash. Anything that doesn't show up might be causing it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It was probably related to some tools, no other non-playable races have tools defined and work without crashes. So I got rid of them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

This may actually be important as they use Iron items, and steel, but have no way to get iron. Would this effect things? Oh yeah, also the caravan hasn't brought any wax products or anything relating to bees. Don't know if that is important. Would you like the save?

I'll try giving keepers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and hope they won't crash my next worlds. And remove the brand new wax/bee/pot stuff.

Shameless self-promotion:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:52:31 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Actually the buildings are not needed, the reactions are enough.

I've also noticed that many buildings (mostly from ironworks) look totally weird with Ironhand/Phoebus (because they were made for ASCII), so I've just made a workshop redesign.

Now finally onto alchemy. We already have an alchemical workshop (and 50 placeholder reactions), now we need REAL reactions :P.

The first three I've added:

Transmute gold into copper: 2 gold bars -> copper bar
Transmute copper into gold: 2 copper bars -> gold bar
Make artificial ruby: golden bar + glass -> ruby

Any suggestions while I make other reactions?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion: A catalyst component which is hard to make, but increases efficiency of transmutations. Making them 1:1 reactions. Catalyst should be hard to manufacture.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Clownhouse yeah I got suggestions!

- split bronzes, brass, billon, nickel silver and electrum into their component metals! Grab that gold from inside the black bronze!
- steel into pig iron (a curse-type thing to remove bad influences from enemy steel gear)
- get copper out of rose gold
- 3 lead into 1 silver
- sterling silver into bronze
- zinc into tin
- nickel into tin
- aluminum into tin
(I want to mass-manufacture bronze once in a 30 forts (super hard to find both copper and tin on same embark))
- toughleather gloves alchemied into iron gauntlets

Suggestion: A catalyst component which is hard to make, but increases efficiency of transmutations. Making them 1:1 reactions. Catalyst should be hard to manufacture.
Hard to make... let's say 10 platinum (110% output)  or 10 aluminum (100% output)  to make one "catalyst dworforadic cube".

Also: stopping bushfires by designating stockpiles, that's exploiting a silly bug, I would never do that, that's profit appearing from nowhere.

Edit2: Deon, make sure that hornblende and tetra tiles and boulder tiles are different from common rocks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:35:48 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

For japanese, we need C-G, S-T.

Those are REALLY fantasy-ish reactions, but I guess I see why you want them :D.

Also I think gloves from reactions are bugged :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iron/steel leather/wood: Improve the quality of the leather/wood but not completely replacing iron/steel gear, great for when you got alot of the catalyst but no steel/iron
Not sure if its already in but large gem:3 normal gems
A new crystal glass reaction so its more wide spread
Crystal/diamond picks
Slightly improved metals so if your stuck with one type you can invest and improve it if you cant get better

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't help with the japanese translations (very short on free time), but some suggestions (more like crazy ideas) for the Alchemy reactions:

Silver => Truesilver (more valuable silver)
Blacksteel + Redsteel + "catalyst" (Philosopher Stone?) = Felsteel (Adamantine-light? Ultra-valuable metal?)
Weapon + "catalyst" = "Magic" Weapon (don't know if weapons with fire-attributes won't actually set the Dwarves themselves on fire)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Razonatair

• Bay Watcher
  • Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    • View Profile

Adamantine Wafers(2) + Steel Bar(1) = Adasteel(1) (Adamantine-coated Steel; Material with the cutting edge of Adamantine but the weight of Steel, making it more useful for all weapons.)
Diamond-Type Gem(1) + Refined Weapons-Grade Metal Bar(1) = Diasteel/Diabronze/etc(1) (Diamonds integrated into material, giving it a stronger edge for cutting/slashing/etc.)
Bauxite(10?) = Aluminum Bar(1)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I don't have much time to test various new alloys so no crazy new metals (yet).

It's mostly juggling around with crap -> tin and stuff -> copper. Also I've introduced a proper sun gold making, as well as moon silver and mithril (a bit heavier than adamantine and less durable, yet very durable and sharp).

Moon silver is much sharper than sun gold, but sun gold is much heavier. So they are for blades/blunt weapons accordingly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

For japanese, we need C-G, S-T.

Those are REALLY fantasy-ish reactions, but I guess I see why you want them :D.

Also I think gloves from reactions are bugged :(.
I'm doing E-G now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Great, then I have some time to solve a problem with custom glazes :P. I'm adding feldspar as a glazing material.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ojd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just noticed something at the blast furnace when I couldn't get it to make steel from ore.  In the raws it calls for 6 ore of IRON but no stones gives iron any more.  I changed it to 6 ore of PURE_IRON and now it works.  Looks like the other reactions that call for ore of IRON should be changed also.  Thanks for making this great mod.

edited for spelling
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 642