Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230470 times)

SandyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:
I have also restarted with 24b and still gotten the keeper crash. How do I upload a save for you? (Phob version)
Pack the region folder in your Dwarf Fortress/data/save folder into a .zip or .rar archive and upload it to the fileshare service of your choice and then just provide a link to the file :)
(DFFD is one dedicated to DF files and it's quick and easy to register there.)

O.k will do. I'll try and get it closer to the crash first though.
EDIT
Done. Here is the link. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4216. I got it to within a minute of the crash so you won't have to wait around.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:56:19 am by SandyDorf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I added Warlord's Bonfire Mod (June 2010)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58806.0
into my Genesis. Tested, forest fire started okay. ("b" "w" scroll down to Bonfire, build it, furnaceoperator can do a task inside the 1x1 bonfire workshop.)
Remember, natural ramps and dug channels stop fire from spreading. Probably traps and built rock floors too.

Here's my current raws for download.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.24b_Ironhand_Tomis_inclFaedog_BONFIRES.zip
and no, you cannot merge into existing world unless you're very skilled in reactions and materials jiggling.
Actually stockpiles stop fires from spreading, so it takes a few keypresses to totally stop a fire.

Regarding the music, I actually have to replace both tracks (song_game.ogg and song_title.ogg) with the vanilla music. :( For whatever reason, the title music plays fine but the in-game music (the 10+ minute track) just... won't play. At all. I've checked the init files and it's not auto-muted, I've checked in the in-game options and it's not muted, my speakers and my computer's internal sound aren't muted (an easy check since, you know, the title music plays)... it's just no go.

Also Tomi, I'd appreciate it and love you forever if you could post some of your trap schematics. :D I love and constantly implement SirAaron's plan from many, many pages ago, but variety is the spice of life! And I am lousy at coming up with my own traps. :'C
You probably lack some codec which I included while coding those :(. Could you play the .ogg by winamp?

I have also restarted with 24b and still gotten the keeper crash. How do I upload a save for you? (Phob version)

Pack the region folder in your Dwarf Fortress/data/save folder into a .zip or .rar archive and upload it to the fileshare service of your choice and then just provide a link to the file :)

Can't wait :).

I think this might be one for Toady but I'll ask anyway.  Now there's so many milled plants->dye reactions in Genesis is there any way to set it so that only plants that are milled into edible items are used?  Usually I set all raw plants that I'm farming to not be used in cooking so that I get the seeds as otherwise I end up running out of seeds or plants to make booze out of.  I usually mill a bunch of stuff so I can use the flour and sugar for roasts of awesome to flog to the traders but at the moment I keep ending up with piles of dye which I don't really use as the clothing industry doesn't seem worth it at the moment.

I could set up a locked room with a food stockpile that only accepts the plants I want to mill and a quern but I can never be bothered micromanaging stuff to that level really. On a side note, candy and bread cooking into meals are incredibly expensive, I had a masterwork roast for 117k out of some meat, 1 bread and two crystal cane candies.
The answer is a single word: burrows. Without them you cannot operate most of industries effectively.

I wish I could mod the Wild Hunt into the game :P.
ffffffffff, that would be AWESOME ;A; Maybe you could mod Wild Huntsman semi-megabeasts? (I, I haven't actually read the rest of the thread yet, since I had to comment right now on this awesome, so I don't know if it's been suggested already.)

Also, I like the new sylvan description! It's a lot more... immersive, I think is the word? Makes it feel a bit more 'folklorish' anyway, like you're reading a fairy tale instead of just a stat block. (Does that make any sense?) Anyway, I love all the little superstitions you stuck in. DF is a great framework for this kind of thing! :D

Also also, as promised: badly lit puppy eyes for Deon!
Hello! Haha, it was a joke about the puppy eyes, but thanks nonetheless, your attention is really appreciated (and I secretly hoped you'd do this :P).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:09:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mind if i ask how the magic system works?  I created a fire ball thing and i nearly melted

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Mind if i ask how the magic system works?  I created a fire ball thing and i nearly melted
You're supposed to throw it right after you create it.

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah tried that but I don't think it worked.  when I did the target cross was red and i dont think i threw it

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

yeah tried that but I don't think it worked.  when I did the target cross was red and i dont think i threw it

Red cursor for throwing is normal. Cursors in adventure mode are colour-coded.

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks sorry it does work and not only does it work its pretty awesome too
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:31:34 am by Coco146 »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

thanks sorry it does work and not only does it work its pretty awesome too
haha back when the dwarves were fire-proof i put one in my bag and ran around until my clothes (and bag) gone up in flames.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dwarves were fire proof?  Also any chance of ever being able to create a mini dragon fire blast?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

EDIT:

EDIT
Done. Here is the link. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4216. I got it to within a minute of the crash so you won't have to wait around.
I tried abandoning and going as an adventurer to the Conjunctio Nox (keeper civ) trading district . CRASH.

So yeah, it's definitely something funky with trading goods. The problem is: I compared them with normal humans 1000 times and the only differences they have are new nobles and items (and the lack of savanna starting biome).

Did people get crash from human caravans in vanilla?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile

It's......ITS BEAUTIFUL.....If only i want a idiot and knew how to smelt  :)
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Dwarf13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 Deon

Here's the save, crash wold happen in a minute or two.

TomiTapio's earlier suggestion to delete their intellegence and edit raws worked (but only when i've canged not only raws in save, but in data too, oddly enough for me) - their caravan arrived with almost vanilla-typed goods.
But much to my dismay game crashes a year later, with so unknown bug which is time-dependent i guess (or maybe it's just time when another keeper caravan\siedge should arrive?) nothing seemed to be happening in game log, and, as usual it was happening in the end of a season, so replaying it takes a lot of time and managment, so i've abandoned after two tries (save left for future request, but i need to play closer to a crash time)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4218

2 TomiTapio - thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:32:22 pm by Dwarf13 »

SandyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. I have a vanilla game going and I have traded just fine with the humans..

SUDDEN DEVELOPMENT!
Ok what the hell. I said I remade the world with keepers as a player civ to see if I could get it crash that way, you know, to narrow down what is causing it, right? Well, I just got a trade caravan come, my first. A Keeper caravan with no problems.

The only difference from vanilla 24b I have made is to make magnetite, limonite and.. the other common one I forget, to be IRON ore instead of PURE_IRON. The other two iron ores are unchanged. (this was so blast furnace could actually use ore. I saw it as a mid ground.)

This may actually be important as they use Iron items, and steel, but have no way to get iron. Would this effect things? Oh yeah, also the caravan hasn't brought any wax products or anything relating to bees. Don't know if that is important. Would you like the save?

Dwarf13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First keppers caravan is never a crash, in those 5-6 games that i've played. But second arrival causes it. Maybe it helps/
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 642