Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230402 times)

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4860 on: February 03, 2011, 07:57:22 pm »

Please...no more useless metals.  Variety is great but why give someone a dozen options if there's only really two or three worth even picking?  All that does is clog up menus, force more stockpile management (cleanup), and make traders bring more useless junk.  Also, there's the point about not being able to tell what the best metal is w/out going to the wiki.

While I'm QQing about too much stuff:

Would you consider removing all those value 1 rocks, like stibnite, that appear in clusters of like 4 stone?

Would you consider making cluster stones a value higher than surrounding stones, like Jet base value 2 rather than 1?

Oh!  With the Pheobus graphics set, what is the symbol that looks like two askerisks supposed to mean - kimberlite has that symbol and the only purpose kimberlite serves is to look pretty it seems.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: February 03, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »

Do we really have "more useless" metals?

Also as I said I reorganized stone, so no more stockpile issues :).

Yeah I honestly thought about removing stibnite and the like. They don't really add a lot of fun because they are not useful, I thought about including them in alchemy, so they could be a part of an alchemy module.

On mythril: I want it to be a better material for armor, between steel and adamantine the gap is too big IMHO.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: February 03, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »

I like the cheap rocks that have interesting colors.  They may not be terribly useful, but I enjoy being able to throw a bit of artistic flair into the fort.  Also, not being able to meet noble's demands for brimstone, stibnite, etc items sometimes makes the forts a lot more fun.  Some mods do go overboard on variety, but not everything needs to have an immediate use.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: February 03, 2011, 09:07:44 pm »

On mythril: I want it to be a better material for armor, between steel and adamantine the gap is too big IMHO.

I agree with this.  Are you going to make it better as armor than adamantine, but not as good for weapons?  Or just just purely something to fill the gap?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leonard DeVir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: February 03, 2011, 09:32:33 pm »

I dont wanna try to you into something, but I see great potential for an alloy here. If we take Tolkien as reference, mithril "has the color of silver" and "is workable like platinum" (or bronze? Always forget). I guess combining semirare metal x with silver/platinum/gem dust in an reaction would make it worthwhile, yet doable - only limited by the availability of the rarest ingredient. This way, there is no need for a new metal; you just refine an otherwise decent metal ro something great. We dont have to take the original mithrill all too serious and make it minable ;)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: February 04, 2011, 02:41:34 am »

Just wondering , is it planed to have a TNT block? I want some explozive traps...
you could mod in a metal with [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:15000], or some other values alike. then make weapon traps with it. if i understand this correctly.
How would you carry it to the trap though? :D
erh yes i thought about that. well if anyone doesnt mind minor exploitation of the init file, one could turn of temperature OFF, set up traps, then turn it back ON. I'm gonna test that out.
or making the material like 10100 degree hot. it's not glowing hot, but may hurt.

How about something like us booze as a component.  It is always around.  How about taking gems and turning them in to gem dust or magic dust and using the powder as a base for mithirl reactions.  I imagine the process would be something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dust is in bags and the booze is in barrels. So you cannot use them in reactions. I could make a toy item called "gem dust" though, but why bother if we could use just gems (and imagine them smashing them into dust during the alchemy)?
maybe making it into a 'gem dust' bar, like ash. but ash probably is actually compressed into a block for easy transportation. so why can't gems?

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: February 04, 2011, 02:42:52 am »

Oh!  With the Pheobus graphics set, what is the symbol that looks like two askerisks supposed to mean - kimberlite has that symbol and the only purpose kimberlite serves is to look pretty it seems.

Kimberlite, etc, in vanilla, use the "ore" symbol. the double asterisk is to remove ambiguity, because kimberlite is not, in fact, an ore.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: February 04, 2011, 02:50:18 am »

actually double asterisks means it's an unique function ore.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:49 am »

Yep, as I said I will most likely use them for alchemy, and I think those who like them don't mind alchemy as well :). I use .bat interface for the installer now, so I don't want to clutter it with options for now. When I get my hands on something better (like a fixed version of mod manager) I will make much more options.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: February 04, 2011, 04:06:50 am »

Holy crap.  I have yet to encounter werewolves in-game, but I just spotted them while playing with legends viewer.  Are they always this crazy powerful?

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:11 am »

Holy crap.  I have yet to encounter werewolves in-game, but I just spotted them while playing with legends viewer.  Are they always this crazy powerful?

Hey!The viewer works for you? How'd you manage that?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: February 04, 2011, 05:31:26 am »

Hey!The viewer works for you? How'd you manage that?

Just followed the directions in the post.  Although I can't open the entry for my fortress' civ for some reason.  Everything else seems to work.

Getting the data from Dwarf Fortress:
1. Enter Legends Mode, to view data from a save you are currently playing you will need to make a copy of it then abandon so you can enter legends mode.
2. Export the XML (x).
3. Export Map/Gen Information (p).
4. The files needed are
    "save"-legends.xml
    "save"-world_history.txt
    "save"-world_sites_and_pops.txt
5. (Optional) archive/compress files
6. Open in Legends Viewer.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: February 04, 2011, 05:42:21 am »

Yeah they are bloody awesome. also i encountered hundreds law-givers in each werewolf civilisation. they did not rule very long.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: February 04, 2011, 05:45:10 am »

Don't black and red steel already fill the gap between steel and adamantine?  I'm sort of happpy with weapon materials at the mo, if I have iron I just start making steel in my blast furnace right away, make red if I have bauxite.  No iron then I make bronze stuff.  Repeat until crafters are legendary then make adamantine stuff.

I'm happy with the state of Genesis at the moment, not sure what else there really is to add but that's probably just my lack of imagination!

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: February 04, 2011, 05:56:55 am »

I'm happy with the state of Genesis at the moment, not sure what else there really is to add but that's probably just my lack of imagination!
dude, 3/4 of the game's joy relies on your imagination. so you should have not been playing til now if you really lack imagination.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 642