Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230252 times)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4845 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:36 am »

Just wondering , is it planed to have a TNT block? I want some explozive traps...
Desu

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: February 03, 2011, 08:21:36 am »

Just wondering , is it planed to have a TNT block? I want some explozive traps...
you could mod in a metal with [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:15000], or some other values alike. then make weapon traps with it. if i understand this correctly.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: February 03, 2011, 11:13:17 am »

you could mod in a metal with [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:15000], or some other values alike. then make weapon traps with it. if i understand this correctly.
How would you carry it to the trap though? :D

Sure, if you have suggestions how to avoid it being exploded by dwarves. I don't want to add something which "can explode near magma" because it's too occasional.

How about something like us booze as a component.  It is always around.  How about taking gems and turning them in to gem dust or magic dust and using the powder as a base for mithirl reactions.  I imagine the process would be something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dust is in bags and the booze is in barrels. So you cannot use them in reactions. I could make a toy item called "gem dust" though, but why bother if we could use just gems (and imagine them smashing them into dust during the alchemy)?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: February 03, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »

You could always make a reaction using gems and body parts to create blood bars, and have the blood bars be the magical metal equivilant of pig iron.

As far as TNT blocks go I have a suggestion, but it might cause a lot of FUN.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:41 pm »

Hey, wasn't one of Toady's test creatures a magma-blob?

And as for things lighting on fire, if we made creatures "warm blooded" (ie. blood was warmer than standard temp), then a bolt/arrow/spike/weapon could be created that would only ignite once it met the blood of a warm-blooded creature.
 ...in non-tropical areas.
 ...or perhaps just below ground. I don't know DF temps well enough, and I've tried this before.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:00:24 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »

You could always make a reaction using gems and body parts to create blood bars, and have the blood bars be the magical metal equivilant of pig iron.

A use for tendons and other scraps?

Eman6881

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: February 03, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »

How do you get a magma bast furnace to work? Ive tried building it so that the channeled out floor carrying magma was right below it, then a little to the left, and a on the side and it dunt work. So, where does the magma need to be below it?
"Bronze Collosuss cancels Destroy World, inturrupted by Eman6881"

krell215

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: February 03, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »

Tolkien's Mithril pretty much is cotten candy. Even down to the "dig deeply and die to fiery clowns of doom."

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

TIME FOR MAGMA!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:13 pm »

How do you get a magma bast furnace to work? Ive tried building it so that the channeled out floor carrying magma was right below it, then a little to the left, and a on the side and it dunt work. So, where does the magma need to be below it?

#1 - the lava must be a minimum of 4/7 depth
#2 - I always put a single channeled tile under one of the impassible dark green squares

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: February 03, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

In other words, you want creepers?

+1 to this.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:56 pm »

In other words, you want creepers?

+1 to this.

I approve of "importing" creepers. I can see it now:

A caravan from Minecraft has arrived.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:23:09 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Leonard DeVir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:56 pm »

Tolkien's Mithril pretty much is cotten candy. Even down to the "dig deeply and die to fiery clowns of doom."

I see the same "problem". It pretty much IS Mithril, just with another name. You always could make an reaction with candy stuff to create an alloy which is even better, tough. Just my 2 euro cents.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: February 03, 2011, 06:50:01 pm »

Yeah mithril should just be a fancy magical metal thats not the best but you can make it if you put enough effort into it. You also dont want it being easier then steel since it would defeat the entire purpose of steel. TNT is pointless because you cant destroy things with it so the next best thing is a better booze explosion trap--i would love to see some sort of reaction that could be triggered and create a giant wall of fire/acid on demand.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: February 03, 2011, 07:01:24 pm »

I've never tried Minecraft, but according to the wiki creepers sound fun, if a bit more evil than I had in mind.

I was thinking more like large, curious fish that can fly around in the caverns because they are filled with hydrogen.  Their only defence other than a weak bite is....well basically dragonfire, though if you can get them to explode using a different breath attack it would be ideal.  Sort of like Pratchett's swamp dragons.  Maybe make them fond of raiding a fortress's drink supply for an added bonus.

Gentle, exploding giants.  However, I'm sure dwarves could weaponize them quite effectively.

The other ones sound more like creepers.  Less exploding time bomb and more walking fireball, but fairly similar in the end.

---------------------------------
Just found this:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=74836.msg1871535#msg1871535

Baron Baconeer has this as one of the new creatures

Floating Spouter: Bigger version of the floating guts, this creature has a nasty habit of lighting itself on fire and releasing clouds of knock-out gas.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:56:50 pm by Zifnab »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: February 03, 2011, 07:07:43 pm »

On the mythril issue, you could just make it an alternate to adamantine, kind of like you have more ways than vanilla of obtaining steel in case your map has a shortage of flux or something.  Make it difficult to manufacture, but still a good option to have in situations where adamantine is completely unobtainable.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 642