Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230251 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4830 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:38 pm »

Large gems and BLOOD! theres currently no use for the barrels of stuff so now you'd be forced to maintain trade if you want to make the special metals.

Blood alone would be worth it. That's easy to buy in bulk. Blood and powdered gems? Do want.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4831 on: February 02, 2011, 05:12:58 pm »

Fire arrows/bolts don't actually cause fire or anything, and you can just hang on to them. I do like how they cause bursts of boiling blood once they're actually in someone. More like red hot arrows then flaming arrows.  They are a great way to be an archer though since you can pull arrows out of thin air.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:20:06 pm by piecewise »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: February 02, 2011, 06:59:50 pm »

Fire arrows/bolts don't actually cause fire or anything, and you can just hang on to them. I do like how they cause bursts of boiling blood once they're actually in someone. More like red hot arrows then flaming arrows.  They are a great way to be an archer though since you can pull arrows out of thin air.
Did you turn your temperature ON? With it ON they burn stuff and start forest fires.

Large gems and BLOOD! theres currently no use for the barrels of stuff so now you'd be forced to maintain trade if you want to make the special metals.

Blood alone would be worth it. That's easy to buy in bulk. Blood and powdered gems? Do want.
I don't know how to request blood because it's in barrels. There's no CONTAINS_BLOOD token.

If the alchemy reactions requiring gems were to instead require large gems, would that make it hard enough to obtain?  I know you can get large gems fairly easily through trading, but that would get pretty expensive.
I think more about wasting common gems so you could get alchemy stuff en masse, but it would require some tools like calcinators, mortars etc. which would require large gems to be made of.

Also the idea of metal-laced rock is nice, but a simple change from vein to cluster helps the situation a lot. I will make an optional file with much less ore :).

I don't want mithril to be as good as Tolkien's metal, but it will be definitely on par with sun gold. I plan to make sun gold better for swords, and mithril for armors.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:19 pm »

I don't know how to request blood because it's in barrels. There's no CONTAINS_BLOOD token.

TOADY!!  *fist shake*

I guess we'll wait on that one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4834 on: February 02, 2011, 08:06:30 pm »

Did you turn your temperature ON? With it ON they burn stuff and start forest fires.
Oh, you have that off by default? How odd. I still got bursts of boiling nord blood for some reason.

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: February 02, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Seriously...does anyone have an effective embark profile I can use? For Genesis? Please?

Or if not a profile suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:49 pm »

Seriously...does anyone have an effective embark profile I can use? For Genesis? Please?

Thanks

Go to the DF Wiki.

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: February 02, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »

Thanks

Go to the DF Wiki.

I've been there...great site but, as I mentioned, the regular embark builds are useless as guides for Genesis.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: February 02, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »

Thanks

Go to the DF Wiki.

I've been there...great site but, as I mentioned, the regular embark builds are useless as guides for Genesis.

Agreed... embark costs more in Genesis.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:40 pm »

Honestly, in Genesis it depends a lot more on where you're embarking.

For instance, if it's a jungle, an axe and a pick and some booze are all you really need. I pour the rest into pets.
Herbalist + wood make everything else I need.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:39 am »

I don't want mithril to be as good as Tolkien's metal, but it will be definitely on par with sun gold. I plan to make sun gold better for swords, and mithril for armors.

Could there be an option for a "Tolkien like Mitrihil"?
I would like to have Mithril wich is better than red Steel, maybe there are more people who would like this?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:48 am »

Could there be an option for a "Tolkien like Mitrihil"?
I would like to have Mithril wich is better than red Steel, maybe there are more people who would like this?
Heh, it will be better for armors. I am not sure about weapons. It was quite light so it won't be good for hammers, but daggers should be nice I think ;).

Thanks
You can alter the amount of points in the world gen settings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4842 on: February 03, 2011, 03:58:38 am »

Oh, mithril being steel-class? Then why bother with it, as black steel is easier to make and better. (Maybe mithril max_edge would be iron-like?)
Should one have more mithril than home caravan brings red steel?
My opinion on mithril-making: steel + sterling silver + platinum + bismuth. In a magma forge.

A semimegabeast suggestion: fireball-spitting flying griffon.

Here's two embark profiles I've used, with world_gen.txt/[EMBARK_POINTS:1500]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:06:07 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: February 03, 2011, 04:10:09 am »

My opinion on mithril-making: steel + sterling silver + platinum + bismuth.
Eh, don't you think that it would be easier to dig down to Adamantine then? I want metals to be accessible enough gameplay-wise :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DarkCephis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: February 03, 2011, 08:10:19 am »

How about something like us booze as a component.  It is always around.  How about taking gems and turning them in to gem dust or magic dust and using the powder as a base for mithirl reactions.  I imagine the process would be something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 642