Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230172 times)

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4800 on: January 31, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »

hey deon when you say you'll make the races optional in a future update will that also mean you can have some on and some off for example keep the "keepers" and take the rest off?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:05 am »

Can one smelt sun gold and if so whats the reaction? Choosing a baron was kinda sprung on me as I didn't know the mechanics for getting one was changed so I just picked one my my favorite guys and... he apparently likes sun gold.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

Can one smelt sun gold and if so whats the reaction? Choosing a baron was kinda sprung on me as I didn't know the mechanics for getting one was changed so I just picked one my my favorite guys and... he apparently likes sun gold.

Melt down some sun gold items.  I'd be surprised if you don't have some, or haven't been offered any by traders.  Re-forge into whatever your baron wants.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 01, 2011, 01:32:59 am »

Melt down some sun gold items.  I'd be surprised if you don't have some, or haven't been offered any by traders.  Re-forge into whatever your baron wants.

Well thankfully I had some bars I'd already bought but I hadn't bought any other sun gold items as I wasn't expecting this, I take it sun gold is only something you can trade for then?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: February 01, 2011, 02:25:41 am »

A random speardwarf killed a wyvern  :D

But then the acid breath killed her  >:(

I had her personal room carved out and everything...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: February 01, 2011, 03:16:37 am »

hey deon when you say you'll make the races optional in a future update will that also mean you can have some on and some off for example keep the "keepers" and take the rest off?
Yes, it's what it means. I want to use this because it has a nice GUI, but it has some issues now, so it has to wait for some time.

Well thankfully I had some bars I'd already bought but I hadn't bought any other sun gold items as I wasn't expecting this, I take it sun gold is only something you can trade for then?
Yes, it comes from ezrakim elves. So you have to trade for it. Or loot it :D.

A random speardwarf killed a wyvern  :D

But then the acid breath killed her  >:(

I had her personal room carved out and everything...
Yeah, some guys in my mod are too nasty... I personally have a "death squad" consisting mainly of recruits which I use to kill those critters which are likely to kill many. Those who survive and gain enough skills or kills transcend into a veteran squad which I try to save.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: February 01, 2011, 07:56:49 am »

Really Deon? Really?! Every time a Ezrakim caravan comes, it's followed by a Demon siege. Who are all on giant bats. And have around 12 ogres. And then a Centaur siege comes, and you can't forget the three or four Kobold ambushes. I lost my two year old fort that had only around 52 dwarfs because my smelting and depot was open to the air, which the demon hordes on giant bats exploited quite nicely.

At least in my new fort I'll have an idea of what I will be dealing with.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

hippocloud

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: February 01, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »

I have a question about crafting in Genesis. I tried to make bone gauntlets, but found that I couldn't wear them. So I removed all of my armor and watched as my naked adventurer failed to put them on. The same thing happened when I tried to make leather gloves. Is there any way to fix this, or shall my hands and lower arm forever be unprotected?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: February 01, 2011, 01:44:14 pm »

Well, atleast the guy that engraved her tombstone was up-to-date on current events:

:D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: February 01, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »

Really Deon? Really?! Every time a Ezrakim caravan comes, it's followed by a Demon siege. Who are all on giant bats. And have around 12 ogres. And then a Centaur siege comes, and you can't forget the three or four Kobold ambushes. I lost my two year old fort that had only around 52 dwarfs because my smelting and depot was open to the air, which the demon hordes on giant bats exploited quite nicely.

At least in my new fort I'll have an idea of what I will be dealing with.

I have a 100+ dwarf fortress that only gets illithid even though all other races are present. I've had time to make a semi-mega project. I wish I could get what you have because then all the testing I'm doing around my project could be put to use.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12:25 pm »

*snickers* Ya know I almost wish I had done an LP of this fort at time. A pet turkey someone brought managed to kill a trollkin. How you ask? By both of them dodging off a cliff right on top of a stonefall trap. Like to think the trollkin wasn't paying attention while chasing the turkey, ran off the ledge, fell on the trap, the turkey flutters down onto the kins chest, kin looks at it, then trap deploys stone (I imagine some sort of swinging arm since theres no ceiling above it) and kills kin via headshot.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: February 01, 2011, 05:18:10 pm »

Hahaha i have a 4 Z level winding path way down to my depot but i forgot to install a draw bridge so i had 2 caravans of elves in the depot when a centaur siege gallops down the path and the trade depot room becauses a fucking blood bath as my lone xbow dwarf watches from the death slits wondering why his bolts are taking so long to make. Its perfect since i dont need to run all around to haul off the corpses/loot.

Quickfort is fucking awesome--i converted the massive fractal bedroom designs into muli purpose designs so my forts going to look awesome.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: February 01, 2011, 05:45:52 pm »

peat is something of a mixed blessing, on the one hand you have the coke it yields, on the other since you made peat a rock it no longer supports above ground farming.
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »

Ever since my first successful fortress died due to werewolves, i'm starting to get scared of no protection. I've started making traps, walls-scratch that, ALOT of walls, and starting to make catapults.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: February 01, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »

a kobold managed to torn a couple arteries of my doorkeeping war dragon raptor and eventually let it exsanguinate, the kobold ran away with only bruises.
also a mastiff and a giant bat managed to kill a left behind werewolf, both almost unharmed.
many more unexpected events had happened since i started playing genesis....
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 642