Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230040 times)

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4740 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:08 am »

Question: are the metals supposed to be not colored? because red steel isn't as red as I want to...

(I want my cobalt marksdwarf squad and my red steel squad now)
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 27, 2011, 06:36:29 am »

I'm assuming the Civ screen is supposed to only have the Dwarves on it at first?
Yes
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: January 27, 2011, 06:40:57 am »

Yep, and I will probably have to put them in a single file, but it won't cause any problems at all.
Scrolling through said file is going to be a bitch :(
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 27, 2011, 02:41:03 pm »

Yep, and I will probably have to put them in a single file, but it won't cause any problems at all.

ctrl+f

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: January 27, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

ctrl+f
needle
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 27, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »

Deon,

this has been bothering me for a while
one time i embarked in cold/temperate temeprate forest, managed to buy some leek seeds, then i could not see it in farm selection menu. seeds are not forbidden, hidden nor inaccessible. it can only grow in autumn and winter so i did check in both seasons' menus.
so sometime later i generated another world, embarked, bought passion fruit pineapple vanilla and sugarcane, some are fruits, some are seeds. after turning them all in seed bags and gotten the farm up, i found also in this world, some, including the listed plants do not show up in farm menu.
is this vanilla problem? cuz i had never seen such in vanilla, probably because there are just so few kinds of plants.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 27, 2011, 05:01:54 pm »

Deon,

this has been bothering me for a while
one time i embarked in cold/temperate temeprate forest, managed to buy some leek seeds, then i could not see it in farm selection menu. seeds are not forbidden, hidden nor inaccessible. it can only grow in autumn and winter so i did check in both seasons' menus.
so sometime later i generated another world, embarked, bought passion fruit pineapple vanilla and sugarcane, some are fruits, some are seeds. after turning them all in seed bags and gotten the farm up, i found also in this world, some, including the listed plants do not show up in farm menu.
is this vanilla problem? cuz i had never seen such in vanilla, probably because there are just so few kinds of plants.

Juuust to be sure but did you try farms both above and below ground? Alot of those sound like they'd be above ground crops.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 27, 2011, 05:21:33 pm »

I am pretty sure not all seeds can be planted in all biomes/temperatures. I don't know the details, but I always seem to see this with at least one set of overground seeds. I have never been able to plant the mandrake seeds, for instance.

Edit: not a plant question, but an animal husbandry one: why are rattle and asp snakes not breedable?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:46:40 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 27, 2011, 05:29:09 pm »

Juuust to be sure but did you try farms both above and below ground? Alot of those sound like they'd be above ground crops.
yes i did try in above ground farms. all underground plants work fine with me, though.
lol i'm bit obssesse with acquiring as many different seeds and cultivate them as possible.

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 27, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »

@Deon: Err, some of the domestic animal litter tags could be changed, I mentioned it on my first post n-n;

But that's not why I'm here, I'm here to show this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted him to go kill some lions, but he goes and jump off the bridge after some pirannas.
I almost wanted to let him die, but then he does that ^ and when he bled to death, I just had to reload, even though he'd already almost burned us to death killing some warthogs (I feel like they should have been already cooked when they got butchered XD).  That was just too hilarious.

Obsidian dwarfs kick ass!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 29, 2011, 09:47:28 am »

Heh, yeah, say thanks they cannot breath fire, only throw fireballs ;D.

By the way, discussing speech files in another thread, I've noticed that WE DO NOT HAVE like 90% of custom speech files I've made for Genesis back in 40d.

I literally forgot to copy them somewhere between early updates, and nobody noticed that :(. I guess people don't play Adventure mode a lot so they didn't see it. It will return in the next release!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: January 29, 2011, 12:20:11 pm »

It seems that, when I try to make silk crafts, I discover the need for 10000 pieces of silk cloth.

I think there may be something wrong there.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 29, 2011, 12:30:57 pm »

It's a vanilla display issue. One unit of cloth has 10000 units of thread. Same with metal bars having 150 units of metal.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 29, 2011, 08:39:20 pm »

@Deon:

That reminds me, are obsidian dwarfs fire proof?
Because, of the several times that same dwarf has managed to kill himself (I keep reloading his fire happy ass, actually her fire happy ass, but I digress) I think once he set himself on fire... since then, I've made sure to cheat and set the weather on rain whenever she fights.  Steam hasn't managed to kill her.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: January 29, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »

@Deon:

That reminds me, are obsidian dwarfs fire proof?
Because, of the several times that same dwarf has managed to kill himself (I keep reloading his fire happy ass, actually her fire happy ass, but I digress) I think once he set himself on fire... since then, I've made sure to cheat and set the weather on rain whenever she fights.  Steam hasn't managed to kill her.
After taking a look at the raws, I would say that obsidian dwarves are not fireproof.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 642