Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229218 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that just like breath attacks and all the....I think the technical term was "cool shooty doodies" are indeed limited to the NPC because the interface and menus does not let one access abilities...only items, maps/quests menu, and now craft menu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

why is cork-tree bark and black walnut bark in the plants stockpile?
Because it's a leftover of Chariot's botany mod, he had those for some reason as plants. I think I will turn them into those plants which are burned into fuel.

Can you huck fireballs as an obsidian dorf adventurer? If so, how?

Or are all the cool shooty doodies limited to NPC folks?

Also, how do you make/build things as an adventurer?

Is there a guide to this mod? Because the "manual" just displays the new workshop/training areas of dorf mode.
You can't throw real fireballs because you cannot use breath attacks as adventurer, however ANY adventurer can spawn fire arrows/bolts (press "x"), make sure you throw them as soon as possible or they will burn you.

The manual also has the list of all plants and I will add metal properties for the next release.

If you want something specific added into the manual file, just ask. I just don't see many things as too different from vanilla, there're more and there're more races, but it should be easy to grab on the fly. Oh, I think I will add the list of races to the manual this time.

You can't build in adv. mode yet, but all you can make is in the "x" menu.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I finally made myself to forget about real life needs and problems for a while :).

I've changed wesmans and osmans to keepers and orcs. I've adjusted their flavor and items a bit too.

Nords now use finnish language by TomiTapio. Old nords' language comes to keepers.
I would only like Tomi to replace various finnish-only symbols (which my PC reads as russian due to the lack of encoding) as english letters if possible, please.

I've changed the peat-to-coke reaction, it took 1 fuel and provided 1 fuel +50% one more, so it was pretty unprofitable. Now it provides 100% + 75% +25% results, so you will get 2 fuel more often and rarely even 3.

Thanks to the MiamiBryce I've fixed all old "missing reaction class in template" mistakes for reactions so it should be fine.

I am going out to visit a job and then I will be back and change some other stuff I plan to do.

P.S. Also I've made steel dwarves a bit slower and added a reaction to make vials out of metal. Good nice TomiTapio's ideas they are :).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:47:36 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

I am going to miss the Osmans  :( will there still be a race that punches and kicks?

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When new releases comes of this mod, will the Ironhand http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.msg1140176#msg1140176 tileset be upgraded aswell? Or I have to do that manualy?
And how would I do it?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:26:03 am by Ladde »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am going to miss the Osmans  :( will there still be a race that punches and kicks?
Orcs are pretty much samurai orcs, and they keep the language, so the main theme will be there.

These orcs will be close to Morrowind orcs, I mean in Morrowind they were heavily influenced by far eastern culture, just look at orcish armor.

I will look into new Ironhand tileset. And if you want to update it, just replace the file. Too bad I customized some stuff so it will bring possible errors on your end.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I will look into new Ironhand tileset. And if you want to update it, just replace the file. Too bad I customized some stuff so it will bring possible errors on your end.
The File, is just the art file? No raws or anything else?

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile

Sounds pretty awesome, I'll have to give it a go. Just being able to play adventure mode as a lizardman and throw children around with my tail is enough justification xD

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think you can throw with your tail  :(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You can because it's a limb.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Btw here's an image by Omnipotentgrue. A cockatrice adventurer wanders evil forests. Forest spiders are glad to see him!

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forest spiders are the scariest thing that you can face on the surface,once they web you if you are not fully clad in metal you die,even if you are fully clad in metal you usually die because of strangling and that is what makes this mod awesome!thanks Deon!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Dear god i barely knew how to make quarry bushes and dwarven sugar work haha how do i get cacao and rice to work?
make a rock quern at mason shop, build quern as a workshop, make lots of cloth or leather bags, command mill plants -repeat at the quern-workshop.
(quern = hand-cranked mill stone)
Seed storage also requires lots of bags. One seed barrel has many bags so it's one valuable barrelful especially if there's silk bags.

Alright so just growing everything and setting process plants on repeat
once they run out of bags or plants, the repeat-task is canceled. Other option is to put Mill Plants in the job manager queue (j-m-q-mill)

Deon, I'll email you the дц -> ao version of the language.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:42:32 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ghostxxx

• Bay Watcher
  • and my Axe!
    • View Profile

Hey Deon! Great work as always! Do you have any plans for including the Phoebus graphical set for the next release?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I hear you. I have plans. Now there's a small problem: I must do it :). And I will.

Thank you, TomiTapio.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 642