Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229117 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A stretch but, maybe maydays tileset also? haha it would be awesome to have 3 different graphical options!

The key to farming seems to be multiple small farms as you can grow a massive variety with very little managing.

The lack of resources is really hurting--another embark and once again very little iron even with 2 marble layers. I liked the new ore changes since it ment you could have every resource no matter where you embarked instead of being strapped for basic things. I'm forced to hoard my 2 little veins of hematite even though i have so much malachite i dont even care about it anymore.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you made it impossible to make weapons out of silver?

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the latest Ironhand tileset, and updated it. But I might have done something wrong, because now alot of my dwarfs are black boxes. :o
This is why I wanted help with updating the tileset.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:19:57 pm by Ladde »

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile

Played around a bit with this mod last night. Seems by default the Lizardmen can't grasp with their tails, which I changed. Interestingly, this seemed to mean my adventurer started with a shield in each hand and holding a glaive with his tail. I also recruited some buddies who had fun throwing fireballs at the local wildlife. Seems like this could be good fun. I think I'll try building a fortress first though, so my adventurer will have something to loot later on.

(The forum seems to think I posted this already, though it didn't actually post. Strange.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dear god i barely knew how to make quarry bushes and dwarven sugar work haha how do i get cacao and rice to work?
make a rock quern at mason shop, build quern as a workshop, make lots of cloth or leather bags, command mill plants -repeat at the quern-workshop.
(quern = hand-cranked mill stone)
Seed storage also requires lots of bags. One seed barrel has many bags so it's one valuable barrelful especially if there's silk bags.

Note that now it's possible to make wooden querns too (it's the furniture workshops if I remember it right).

Also I finally make seeds cookable again so you will have something to do with them.

Ladde: wait a bit, there's a release soon and I will update it with the latest ironhand.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I will make a mayday version too, but it will take a bit longer then.

Also right now I am in a middle of a simple body rework which takes a lot of time because it should be made manually on any mammal with MALE and FEMALE castes... I am not sure if everyone likes it, but it adds some Fun to adventure mode combat.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

O.O are you adding what I think you are?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...genitalia?

*slaps self across face* Bad Grue, bad!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes that's what I was thinking,I like the sound of it if it  is though because it would make Adventure more realistic.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But...

...you could attack them...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would make it a whole lot more fun to kill elves.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would make it a whole lot more fun to kill elves.

Hehe... yes it would...

Hehe...

HAH!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf mc dwarf pinches OmnipotentGrue's
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just penises and testicles to men and ovaries to women. But no worries, it's just a minor thing I do to bodies.

The main reason I do it is because I wanted to do it for a long time. I don't think that genitals are "wrong" in a game where you can dismember a kid and beat his parents with his corpse. It's just another bodypart which you can slash off (or lose) which adds to a realism a bit.

I also do it because it makes me to look through all creature files, so at the same time I fix errors and mismatches between ASCII and graphics versions, also I change all smaller birds' bodies to unique ones with smaller legs so they do not magically catch most of attacks with their legs (TomiTapio's suggestion).

Also I've got a few ripped sprites from other games (mostly Final Fantasy on SNES) to replace some of poorly drawn creature sprites.

mummy:
vampire:
serpentfolk:
beholder:
sandworm:   (I will recolor it)
pigeon:
chicken: based on pigeon sprite

Also I've made separate graphics for dog types and changed some more but I am lazy to upload them now to show here :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 642