Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229368 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1875 on: July 02, 2010, 10:06:50 am »

God Brain Ganglions can kill a bronze colossus in a single strike so i don't blame him

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 02, 2010, 08:06:13 pm »

So is there way to play the other major races? Some of them sound interesting after all. :O

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 02, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »

So is there way to play the other major races? Some of them sound interesting after all. :O

Add

Code: [Select]
[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
To the Entity you wish to control ^^. Keep in mind that many non-dwarf civs have limitations and you may want to modify that race to get the desired effect.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 03, 2010, 12:38:20 am »

Well I went and basically just copied the dorf info before changing a few things (name most importantly) but now the game won't let me generate a new world. Srsly, it rejected 60 of them before I finally pulled the plug. D:

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 03, 2010, 12:44:16 am »

Out of curiosity, Deon, is there any reason your healthcare reactions are leaving out diagnostics?  Maybe snag a corpse and examine what went wrong with it?  Maybe a bit of...
[REACTION:TRAIN_DIAGNOSTICS]
[NAME:Train Diagnostics]
[BUILDING:ANATOMICAL_THEATER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:DIAGNOSE]

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 03, 2010, 01:06:59 am »

Out of curiosity, Deon, is there any reason your healthcare reactions are leaving out diagnostics?  Maybe snag a corpse and examine what went wrong with it?  Maybe a bit of...
[REACTION:TRAIN_DIAGNOSTICS]
[NAME:Train Diagnostics]
[BUILDING:ANATOMICAL_THEATER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:DIAGNOSE]
Man, that's a great idea.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 03, 2010, 01:26:19 am »

Nurse: Doctor, it seemed the patient died from not drinking enough alcohol and his liver survived..
Doctor: Damn our allergy to livers!
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:51 am »

You could call it a Morgue or Autopsy Room.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 03, 2010, 03:20:03 am »

Hey Deon I think giant ants should be more powerful,because a regular ant can lift things 100s of times its body weight so could you imagine a giant one?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1884 on: July 03, 2010, 03:21:57 am »

Hey Deon I think giant ants should be more powerful,because a regular ant can lift things 100s of times its body weight so could you imagine a giant one?

Unfortunately...
Also known as Zuhayr.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 03, 2010, 09:46:20 am »

Biologically speaking, giant insects of any sort won't work because of how they breathe. They don't have lungs the way we do. What they do have is a series of tubes called tracheals. These tracheal tubes end in what are called tracheoles. It's there that the gas transfer occurs. Although they can do some things to speed it up, their whole oxygenation process relies on diffusion. It's for this reason that even the largest insect is small to you or I-they aren't designed for a larger scale.

Of course, this is fantasy. Even Dwarf Fortress can't be expected to follow biology that closely.

If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Chainlinc3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 03, 2010, 10:24:20 am »

Waitwaitwait.
Did anyone else notice that ironwood is magma safe?
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[MELTING_POINT:12768]
[BOILING_POINT:15150]
According to the wiki, magma is 12000 Urist, so it looks like we have a wood that is magma safe.  In other words, all those plans for dwarven water reactors over on the wiki, could totally be used for dwarven magma reactors because we can build a waterwheel that can handle magma.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 03, 2010, 10:29:35 am »

Waitwaitwait.
According to the wiki, magma is 12000 Urist, so it looks like we have a wood that is magma safe.  In other words, all those plans for dwarven water reactors over on the wiki, could totally be used for dwarven magma reactors because we can build a waterwheel that can handle magma.

Ironwood is modded, no?

So unless we will incorporate Genesis into vanilla DF, no magma powered dwarven reactors, sir.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 03, 2010, 10:56:02 am »

I was playing as an osman and i stumbled across a cave and found a frost dragon (or whatever it is called) i had a lasher with me and we proceeded to lay down the pain but suddenly the lashers spine broke!and had frost breathed on him and me,i managed to kill the dragon but somehow my backpack disapeared and the contents scattered over the floor,i just wouldn't thaw so i decided to light a fire and sleep..that continued forever,now i am playing as an adventurer (mind you i had forgotten about the epic battle until i found the cave)and found the exact cave the epic battle was fought in!i took all of the treasures that he had and now i am going to be a hero for a change.

Chainlinc3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 03, 2010, 11:13:05 am »

Waitwaitwait.

Ironwood is modded, no?

So unless we will incorporate Genesis into vanilla DF, no magma powered dwarven reactors, sir.
I'm fully aware that this is a mod.  That does not change the fact that, within this mod, magma reactors are possible.  Which would be the whole point of my initial post.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 642