Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230787 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1320 on: June 06, 2010, 01:48:43 am »

I just caught some Mammoths and 2 Firebirds, but when I try the tame large animal command, nothing shows up. I already have appointed the Dungeon Lord, are they supposed to be untamable or is something wrong in my game?
Dungeon masters are broken currently. Even appointed they just won't work.

Oh darn...any ideas on how can I make a good Mammoth meat industry them? Or any modding i can do in their data so that i can tame them without the need of the Dungeon master?
Modding them to be non-exotic is the only way to get them tamed. For meat, just drop some of them into a room that you can use to kill them whenever you want, let them breed, kill them off.
Okay, how would I go for making them non exotic and war trainable? What tags should i change?
[PET_EXOTIC] to [PET]
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 06, 2010, 01:51:40 am »

Uh oh....I am playing as a steel dwarf and i have been attacked by a skinless monster pterosaur and it has deadly blood....what does deadly blood do?

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 06, 2010, 01:55:39 am »

Uh oh....I am playing as a steel dwarf and i have been attacked by a skinless monster pterosaur and it has deadly blood....what does deadly blood do?

For what I have read, it rots you.
I just caught some Mammoths and 2 Firebirds, but when I try the tame large animal command, nothing shows up. I already have appointed the Dungeon Lord, are they supposed to be untamable or is something wrong in my game?

Oh darn...any ideas on how can I make a good Mammoth meat industry them? Or any modding i can do in their data so that i can tame them without the need of the Dungeon master?
Modding them to be non-exotic is the only way to get them tamed. For meat, just drop some of them into a room that you can use to kill them whenever you want, let them breed, kill them off.
Okay, how would I go for making them non exotic and war trainable? What tags should i change?
[PET_EXOTIC] to [PET]

Thank you sir
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 06, 2010, 01:55:56 am »

No telling, you found a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which are completely randomized. So it could cause you blisters, rotting, no way to tell.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 06, 2010, 02:11:15 am »

Ok, I changed the Pet exotic on the mammoths for just pet, and they are still not trainable. Do I have to wait for the game to gen new mammoths for it to work, and just get rid of the old ones i got?
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 06, 2010, 02:24:26 am »

Ok, I changed the Pet exotic on the mammoths for just pet, and they are still not trainable. Do I have to wait for the game to gen new mammoths for it to work, and just get rid of the old ones i got?
Did you change the save's raws? You have to change them to have any affect on that save.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 06, 2010, 02:33:39 am »

Did you change the save's raws? You have to change them to have any affect on that save.

Ahhh that was the problem, thank you again sir. You are on the fast track to becoming my hero!  :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:08 am »

Ahhh that was the problem, thank you again sir. You are on the fast track to becoming my hero!  :P
No problem. ;)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 06, 2010, 07:15:47 am »

Ok, I could not hold up anymore, I've downloaded it. Any Crash problems I should worry about?

EDIT: Hmmm. Given the fact that I'm used to a nearly spotless 40d right now this is so slow that I can't even get to the playing part in an hour time. (40d: 2 min's and a world's genned and I'm standing on an embark title found by the site finder.) I should not have touched it yet. Maybe another time. The titleset looks very good though.

Btw, I love this picture.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:05:11 am by Nether »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 06, 2010, 10:42:40 am »

This works even faster than 40d for me. You should tweak 0.31.05 settings to achieve maximum perfomance with your processor/videocard.

fire altar would remove the need to give people black lung, which takes effect WAY to quickly, after only mining 1-2 spots of coal my dudes are coughing up blood forever, it seems to me it should take much longer to get an ill effect from especially for dwarves who should be pretty tough.
There's no blacklung anymore.

I really love this mod, so i made some shitty MS painty artwork to prove it.

FAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS
Awesome! You should post it in DF General Discussion -> Fan Art thread :P.

Eh, what? Does Dungeon Keeper you appoint still not enable exotic pet taming? I didn't experiment with it... I may change all pets to PET then until it's fixed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:45:36 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 06, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »

Eh, what? Does Dungeon Keeper you appoint still not enable exotic pet taming? I didn't experiment with it... I may change all pets to PET then until it's fixed.
Yep, it won't work, at least I think. There have been several threads on replacing/un-buggifying the Dungeon master, I think they have all failed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 06, 2010, 01:30:59 pm »

Okay. I am working on 1.9 as we speak.

1) All animals to pets, at least until Dungeon Master is fixed.
2) I've decided to get rid of 1-hit-axe behaviour of most weapons so I lowered their contact surface by 10x or more. But I now use Arkkhal's material overhaul (with appropriate tweaks) and thus everything works fine for me.
3) I integrate Mephansteras's Ironworks mod.
4) New speech text for threats and some situations, tons of new engravings (integrating Umiman's Small Things mod plus my additions).
5) Tons of new cooked food types (my old Things You Eat mod).
6) New metals and materials (cobalt as metal and goethite as a new iron ore found in bogs and soil; oh yeah there're different mire and bog soil types with peat which cannot be turned into coke).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 06, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »

Good news, I was able to change all internal organ tissues to heal much slower, and heart to bleen 5x more. Now pierced hearts do not heal mid-fight, and in most cases mean death in 3-5 turns. It greatly balances out previous nerf of overpowered weapons. I actually like it more: you are less likely to kill someone with a random blow, and more likely if you damage his vital organ.

Accepting suggestions by the way.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 06, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »

I am unable to forbid doors for some odd reason, tried everything on the keyboard plus what was supposed to work, anyone else getting this? And pathing to my well seems to be all sorts of messed up, they keep having thoughts of their not being a well, and there is.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 06, 2010, 03:35:20 pm »

You may want to ask it in the Bug Reports forum with an attached save because I don't know what could cause it and it's not mod-related.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 642