Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230798 times)

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1290 on: June 04, 2010, 08:12:46 pm »

short run down on how to get my 31.4 genesis game over to 31.5 without destroying it? much appreciated.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 04, 2010, 08:14:03 pm »

short run down on how to get my 31.4 genesis game over to 31.5 without destroying it? much appreciated.
Replace the index in the data folder, replace all the main DF files, add the new option from the new init to the old init. Good to go.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1292 on: June 04, 2010, 08:21:58 pm »

Oh boy, deon you sure have a lot of stuff going on...
I plan on making a "DF+" mod with just some point add-ons to the core game in the not so far future (more like when we get a "final" more or less release of .31), I wonder if you would share some of the stuff in here  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

Sorry for the double post, Ill just keep bothering you until you tell me to go away
Soooo
I did everything you asked, Copied and replaced the objects folder in the raw folder and the art folder in the data folder and changed the graphics option on the init file to yes.
I go to the testing arena, and even though i do get all the new stuff like balors and beholders, the game is in ascii, not the tileset.
Any idea what i did wrong?
Thanks for you patience
Are you sure you copied whole RAW folder, including GRAPHICS?
Did you go into the /data/init.txt and set [GRAPHICS:YES]?

Okay. You take the whole /raw folder and /data/art/ and /data/init/init.txt; then you go to init.txt and switch GRAPHICS:NO to GRAPHICS:YES. Oh and also data/sounds/ for the soundtrack. Make sure to grab NOT the ascii version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:46 pm »

Sorry for the double post, Ill just keep bothering you until you tell me to go away
Soooo
I did everything you asked, Copied and replaced the objects folder in the raw folder and the art folder in the data folder and changed the graphics option on the init file to yes.
I go to the testing arena, and even though i do get all the new stuff like balors and beholders, the game is in ascii, not the tileset.
Any idea what i did wrong?
Thanks for you patience
Are you sure you copied whole RAW folder, including GRAPHICS?
Did you go into the /data/init.txt and set [GRAPHICS:YES]?

Okay. You take the whole /raw folder and /data/art/ and /data/init/init.txt; then you go to init.txt and switch GRAPHICS:NO to GRAPHICS:YES. Oh and also data/sounds/ for the soundtrack. Make sure to grab NOT the ascii version.

Ok, tried something different, I got a fresh install of your prepacked mod and of the new version.
I copied and overwritten the entire Data and Raw folders.
Now it says the main index file is corrupted or  missing.
I did it all again just to be sure, and got the same error.

May Armok bless you for you patience deon
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 04, 2010, 09:10:31 pm »

Deon's mod uses DF 31.04.

So, you overwrited the 05 index with the 04 index in the main data folder, plus you also could have overwritten the 05 init.txt with the 04 init.txt (which you shouldn't do because it has a new option).

To fix it, you need the 05 versions of these files.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:13:26 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 04, 2010, 09:14:10 pm »

Deon's mod uses DF 31.04.

So, you overwrited the 05 index with the 04 index in the main data folder, plus you also could have overwritten the 05 init.txt with the 04 init.txt (which you shouldn't do because it has a new option).

To fix it, you need the 05 versions of these files.

Ill try that!
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 04, 2010, 09:21:35 pm »

WAIT! I made a mistake, it's not init.txt that needs replacing. It's d_init.txt that needs replacing, you can use deon's init.txt. IGNORE THIS.

Also, you need to manually set up the tile set again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:27:39 pm by Tarran »

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 04, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »

WAIT! I made a mistake, it's not init.txt that needs replacing. It's d_init.txt that needs replacing, you can use deon's init.txt.

It worked actually. The index file was not a problem anymore, but when i entered the game, no tileset again.
So i just opened both inits and copied everything related to graphics from one to another.
Worked like a charm!
Thanks a lot Sir!
And deon, if you are still putting the players brave enough to play the mod on the first post, might I be added? Genesis rules!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 04, 2010, 09:29:42 pm »

I ninja-edited before you posted. Errrr. :P

Anyway, carry on everyone.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 04, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »

I ninja-edited before you posted. Errrr. :P

Anyway, carry on everyone.

You ninja edited explained to me what I was thinking about doing...lol
You are psychic my good man.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 05, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »

"Okay. You take the whole /raw folder and /data/art/ and /data/init/init.txt; then you go to init.txt and switch GRAPHICS:NO to GRAPHICS:YES. Oh and also data/sounds/ for the soundtrack. Make sure to grab NOT the ascii version."

So I move all those files to a fresh install? or move those files from a fresh install into old folder?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 05, 2010, 01:22:39 pm »

No, you take a fresh install and copy mod files there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 05, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »

cant seem to get the graphics to go right. It appears in the normal ASCII and is small in the upper left corner, even though I moved all the settings from the old ini.txt over. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Okay I have the graphics working better but it wont use the normal 1280x800 screen size, its all squished into the top half of the screen even when I have black space off.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:25:38 pm by JusticeRings »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 05, 2010, 09:51:38 pm »

You should set up your resolution in X and Y.

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:ironhand.png]

in your init.txt
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 642