Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231470 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Before I release Mayday's graphics' version I will make 1.61 update.
I've started to write documentation on all the stuff in the mod and I've noticed that some plants have the same value and are quite close (i.e. various berries) but some of them cannot be brewed, some of them cannot be made into jam etc., and too many plants cannot be cooked.

Also I make all wine to be uncookable. Most plants which make wine can make extracts (jam, sauce, etc.) so if you want to cook them, process them instead of brewing. I want booze to say a drink :).

So I embark on a plant rework. Once I'm done (hopefully today) I will release 1.61 with tweaked plants and documentation on all the growable plants. And I hope to make mayday release at the same time.

Is "excel" format ok for you? It's very useful for tables, and what DF needs is a big table of contents.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:31:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

Hmm, Excel's ok, but why not access?  You can do a lot more with that; it's the program I'm trying to make a Legends reader with.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because I haven't tried it :). I know how it works but didn't do real work with it. I will look into it later. It's just quick to add anything to excel (well it still takes some time with all the rebalancing).

Here's the current progress with plant tweaks:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And a lot more plants to do :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

So, do these crops help deal with the imbalance of prices... or do they just exasperate the problem?

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there seems to be some sort of problem with materials - a cook got a mood, collected two turtle shells and some cut gems and turned them into a "dark lignite figurine" which promptly exploded into dust

it still shows up in the artifact list but I can't find it, and the dwarf didn't get a bad mood from having the artifact destroyed

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

That's because Artifacts can't truly be destroyed in this game.  A "destroyed" artifact is kept in memory, and then will be placed somewhere random in your fort if you ever reclaim or visit in adventure mode.

My best guess is that somehow that dwarf got a hold of some of the dust that causes black lung, and used it as the base material of the artifact.  So, it'll pretty much just stay in limbo forever.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, is there any backwards compatibility for the furniture workshop to 40d? Being able to get rid of old crappy furniture to remake into better quality would be really nice to have in 40d.

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My best guess is that somehow that dwarf got a hold of some of the dust that causes black lung, and used it as the base material of the artifact.  So, it'll pretty much just stay in limbo forever.

I never mined any lignite, and when I looked at the workshop it only had two turtle shells and some sort of gem

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks so much for the ASCII version!
Nom nom nom

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

YEAAAHHHH NEW VERSION

Oh man, Deon, the work you're doing on plants is SO EXCITING. I'm really looking forward to it! And the documentation! I only figured out what the library was for by building it, and through trial and error, so I'd love to have a guide as to what all your workshops do.

I personally love the notion of the training dummies, though I also am intrigued by Max White's suggestion of having them have some kind of drawback. I wish you could mod it so that there's a remote chance of injury, perhaps lessening as the dorf becomes more experienced... but I really know nothing about complicated mods, just things like adding a trainable tag or making critters. :P

Speaking of which, how about a desert hyenalike civ? Hyenas don't get much love :P though I'm not sure if you've got too many desert races now.

Also, Arkenstone, because it's a pet peeve of mine: it's exacerbate, not exasperate. ;)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, you know Dark Lignite shows up as such in walls, right?

Oh, I love the Obsidian dwarves, by the way. Bloody gargoyles messed with the wrong embark party >8D

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, you know Dark Lignite shows up as such in walls, right?

also it's selectable on the embark screen (and probably trade screen too but I didn't look)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile

Dictionary.com says:
ex·as·per·ate
   /v. ɪgˈzæspəˌreɪt; adj. ɪgˈzæspərɪt/ Show Spelled [v. ig-zas-puh-reyt; adj. ig-zas-per-it] Show IPA verb,-at·ed, -at·ing, adjective
–verb (used with object)
to irritate or provoke to a high degree; annoy extremely: He was exasperated by the senseless delays.
Archaic. to increase the intensity or violence of (disease, pain, feelings, etc.).
–adjective
Botany. rough; covered with hard, projecting points, as a leaf.
Use exasperate in a Sentence
See images of exasperate
Search exasperate on the Web
Origin:
1525–35; < L exasperātus (ptp. of exasperāre to make rough, provoke), equiv. to ex- ex-1 + asper harsh, rough + -ātus -ate1

—Related forms
ex·as·per·at·ed·ly, adverb
ex·as·per·at·er, noun
ex·as·per·at·ing·ly, adverb
un·ex·as·per·at·ed, adjective
un·ex·as·per·at·ing, adjective

—Can be confused: exacerbate, exasperate.

—Synonyms
1. incense, anger, vex, inflame, infuriate. See irritate. 2. exacerbate.

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uhh... what's that again?

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ASCII version only had the RAW file in it. What exactly did you change to fix the ASCII problems?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 642