Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231471 times)

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I had been playing a game with the version before the dwarven castes had been added in.  Everything was going good, save for the ocasional crash.

I have started a couple of games with 1.6, but so far in each the military seems broken.  I can't get my military dwarves to keep their gear on.  They will pick it up or at least some of it when given a kill order or going on patrol, but will drop it imediately when going off duty.  They will also not wear any gear while sparring.  I do have them set to be uniformed while inactive.

I'm thinking something glitched in my worlds and I should just start over.  There weren't any changes in 1.6 that would cause this behavior were there?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, you know Dark Lignite shows up as such in walls, right?

also it's selectable on the embark screen (and probably trade screen too but I didn't look)
That's the reason it's called "dark lignite" right now. When I find out how to make it not appear on embark screen I will change the name back. Once I've embarked with "bituminous coal" to test some reactions and it appeared to be that "toxical" coal. So I've decided to change their names for now to avoid such confusion.

Make it a gem? Not going to bring that on embark by accident, and with gems, you can give the dropped stone different names to the wall. Wasn't it working before anyway?

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you make stone beds, it ignores the economic stone list.  I'm getting native copper, bauxite, and limestone beds, and they are definately marked red on the list.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So I had been playing a game with the version before the dwarven castes had been added in.  Everything was going good, save for the ocasional crash.

I have started a couple of games with 1.6, but so far in each the military seems broken.  I can't get my military dwarves to keep their gear on.  They will pick it up or at least some of it when given a kill order or going on patrol, but will drop it imediately when going off duty.  They will also not wear any gear while sparring.  I do have them set to be uniformed while inactive.

I'm thinking something glitched in my worlds and I should just start over.  There weren't any changes in 1.6 that would cause this behavior were there?

I cannot change this even if I wanted. Maybe you've struck some 0.31.03 bug or there's something else. In the last versions all I did is an addition of a new race, castes and other tweaking stuff.

If you make stone beds, it ignores the economic stone list.  I'm getting native copper, bauxite, and limestone beds, and they are definately marked red on the list.
Hmm I haven't thought about it... Well, I would recommend to use a burrow with no materials you need inside. It's pretty eaasy to set up.

Make it a gem? Not going to bring that on embark by accident, and with gems, you can give the dropped stone different names to the wall. Wasn't it working before anyway?
It already acts almost like a gem, and you could bring it before :). A gem may be easier to do, but it will still give up its name.

Also, in looking through the faerun raw, I'm spotting a couple of grammatical whoopses. Would you like me to proofread for you? (Basically, I guess, type them up under a spoiler tag and bold the changes. xD)
Any grammatical corrections are VERY welcome. I am getting angry at any russian mistake I notice so I would like to be grammar-proof on the english front as well :).

The ASCII version only had the RAW file in it. What exactly did you change to fix the ASCII problems?
All tiles for critters/plants (mostly plants) and stones to be showed up right in ASCII (otherwise you would see "lobster walls" and "comma plants" where edited graphical tiles used to be).

I upload 1.61 as we speak. I've tweaked almost ALL plants, for example now all berries (even from vanilla raws) have jam, all booze cannot be cooked etc.. Also there's DF_Genesis_manual.xls which has all the plants with their stats (value, alcohol, extract, mill, seasons etc.). I will expand this manual in later versions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

New version is uploaded. Now go-go-go to make a mayday version!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.61 ϟ] - plant tweaks' mania!
« Reply #770 on: May 03, 2010, 03:48:49 pm »

Well, noticed the bug (or it is not?):
I've got the second siege with plenty of goblins. My military is pretty weak, but there is a  cage-trap minefield near the entrance. So, goblins are just stending where they came to my map, with absolutely no movement.
Some of them (~10) have came to the entrance and got captured by the traps, others are just standing there.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 03, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

Did you capture their squad leaders? All pathfinding issues are above modding, sorry :). If their leader is in a cage they will still "follow" him, that's how DF squads work.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:03 pm »

Mayday version almost done?   .... I need my DF fix man! :P

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 03, 2010, 04:07:20 pm »

Actually, I like the gem fix idea a lot.  The wall can have the same name, but all you have to beware on the embark screen are "rough lignites", "cut lignites", etc.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 03, 2010, 04:12:40 pm »

>Did you capture their squad leaders?
Well, i dunno how to check if the $goblin is squad leader or not, but the strongest one is captured, just with bunch of rideable animals. Goblins, riding some cavern-worms really rock! :3
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 03, 2010, 07:02:25 pm »

Changed them to iron crabs and brought back magma crabs :B

The only real problem with the crab pets is if A.Someone is dumb enough to be in the same tile as them and they both lay down. In which case BURNINATION. B.You dont chain up your crabs(Which is their point. They are NOT friendly pets, they're tamed by the obsidian dwarves purely as war animals) and they get into something flammable and lay down.

Though I suppose someone could figure out a way to make it where they dont burn stuff. But IMO they lose their point. I love the fact that if a goblin gets too close they will latch onto it and start melting the goblin XD

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 03, 2010, 11:33:06 pm »

Think I hit the total jackpot for a military-centric fortress. 1 steel dwarf, 2 obsidian dwarves, a jade dwarf, 2 aspid dwarf, and an ice dwarf.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 03, 2010, 11:39:07 pm »

Havent had a chance yet to check this out. Do Aspid Dwarve's paralysis breath have friendly fire? if my other dwarves get in the way do they end up paralyzed?

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 04, 2010, 01:29:54 am »

urghh ... i hope the mayday version get's finished reaaaal soon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 04, 2010, 02:17:11 am »

Havent had a chance yet to check this out. Do Aspid Dwarve's paralysis breath have friendly fire? if my other dwarves get in the way do they end up paralyzed?
No, dwarves are not affected (well, it's there to stop them from paralyzing themselves, but since all the dwarves are in fact the same creature with different castes, they all are immune).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 642