Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231438 times)

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, would you like to use my suped up magma crab project? It's certainly a very useful pet to keep around as a protector.

FYI, you should keep other pets and dwarves away in case they try to lay down on it. Since they'll start burning  :P

[CREATURE:MAGMA_CRAB]
      [DESCRIPTION:A large rock-eating creature that lives in molten rock.  It scurries on little feet and swims through liquid metal with sharp wings.  It uses magma to digest ore and spits out burning globs. In recent history Obsidian Dwarves have managed to capture and tame these fiery beasts as savage pets and guardians.]
   [NAME:magma crab:magma crabs:magma crab]
   [CASTE_NAME:magma crab:magma crabs:magma crab]
   [CREATURE_TILE:161][COLOR:0:0:1]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC][TRAINABLE][PET]
   [LIKES_FIGHTING][DAMBLOCK:2]
   [MEANDERER]
   [PETVALUE:200]
   [NATURAL][LARGE_ROAMING]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:25:50]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:5]
   [SPEED:1000]
   [PREFSTRING:chittering]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [NO_SLEEP]
   [HOMEOTHERM:12000]
   [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:1500]
   [FIREIMMUNE]
   [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
   [EXTRAVISION]
   [MAGMA_VISION]
   [NOBONES]
   [BODY:SPIDER:BRAIN:MOUTH:2WINGS:UPPERBODY_PINCERS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:CHITIN]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:CHITEN]
      [TISSUE:HEMATITE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:HEMATITE:HEMATITE]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:HEMATITE]
      [MUSCULAR]
      [FUNCTIONAL]
      [STRUCTURAL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
      [CONNECTIVE_TISSUE_ANCHOR]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:HEMATITE:FAT:MUSCLE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
   [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:INORGANIC:HEMATITE:LIQUID_GLOB]
   [HAS_NERVES]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:1000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:2000]
   [BODY_SIZE:5:0:30000]
   [MAXAGE:50:70]
   [ATTACK:PINCER:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:PINCER]
   [ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
   [ATTACK_VERB:snatch:snatches]
   [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
   [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
   [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
   [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
   [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
   [CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
   [CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HEMATITE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:exterior:SINGULAR]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_HEATDAM_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_IGNITE_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:13000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:15000]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Deon, you know Dark Lignite shows up as such in walls, right?

also it's selectable on the embark screen (and probably trade screen too but I didn't look)
That's the reason it's called "dark lignite" right now. When I find out how to make it not appear on embark screen I will change the name back. Once I've embarked with "bituminous coal" to test some reactions and it appeared to be that "toxical" coal. So I've decided to change their names for now to avoid such confusion.

Speaking of which, how about a desert hyenalike civ?
We already have anubites which may become a full-fledged civ, but they are jackals. I have nothing against hyena/gnoll-like civ so they may appear as well.

a "dark lignite figurine"
I honestly do not understang how could it be. My wild guess is that it can pick a random stone for an artifact craft but that's very unlikely. The problem is that "dark lignite" never forms boulders so I do not know how did he manage to make something out of it. I will experiment with artifacts.

Hey Deon, is there any backwards compatibility for the furniture workshop to 40d?
You cannot "get material from reagent" in 40d so the best idea would be to make a "refined wood" which grows nowhere and transform beds/cabinets into it. Do you want me to make it or do you know how to?

Zargen's magma crab
They look neat but I am a bit terrified about "Since they'll start burning". Sometimes it's hard to control where do the animals go, and if migrants bring them (like in this case) it may doom many fortresses :). Let me playtest it first.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:24:12 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

That was a fun crab!
But anyway, Zargen, you might want to rename it iron crab and restore the vanilla magma crab raws.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Ah, Deon, I hate to bother you while you're so busy, but --

(I will now proceed to bother you anyway. ;))

I've been piecing through the unaltered mod raws, trying to find some of your custom critters -- like the jackal, white lion, firebird, etc -- to mod them to be pettable or trainable or whatever. I can't, however, locate many of them. I found your civs, and the dwarven castes, but no creatures. Where exactly are they located?  ???

Thanks in advance! Sorry I'm always so clueless. xD
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #754 on: May 03, 2010, 04:18:51 am »

My dwarf just struck bitcoal does that mean he has a 100% chance of getting black lung?
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Nope.
But trying to dig through it gives a good chance that he will. Unless you see clouds of dust come off, he should be fine.

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile

Thanks Max.
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Also you can use those immune to it :).

I found your civs, and the dwarven castes, but no creatures. Where exactly are they located?  ???

I think they are in creature_faerun.txt. I've started with faerun creatures and then just continued to place other guys there. I think you're right, I should change file structure a bit :).

trying to find some of your custom critters -- like the jackal, white lion, firebird, etc -- to mod them to be pettable or trainable or whatever
Lions, sand lions, mountain lions and white lions are all trainable, and all of the critters you've mentioned are PET_EXOTIC so you can tame them with your dungeon master.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:43:23 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

A few more hours and I will release the plant tweaks.

For some reason Cauliflower was worth 232 dwarfbucks (it's the tile number which should be) ::). There're other strange things in 1.6 (and earlier releases) so thanks to 1.61 they will become history.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, thanks, Deon! Glad to hear, too, that so many of your critters are already pettable and trainable. :D

Also, in looking through the faerun raw, I'm spotting a couple of grammatical whoopses. Would you like me to proofread for you? (Basically, I guess, type them up under a spoiler tag and bold the changes. xD)

Also also, looking through your mods gave me the courage to attempt something of my own! A raptor, actually, a la Jurassic Park or Raptor Red. I don't know how good it is (probably not at all, the body part code feels really clumsy but I tried), but if you'd like to use it, you can! :)

Just let me know on both counts, I'll be sort of... religiously refreshing this thread until the plant tweaks come out.  :o
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

Esti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

we are all religiously refreshing this thread dude.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dudette, thanks. ;)

BUT AT LEAST I'M NOT ALONE.
Or out in the cold in a hundreds-long queue waiting for the newest gaming console or something.

THIS IS BETTER ANYWAY.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd guess that the dark lignite artifact appearing when the only inputs were not dark lignite has something to do with the the vanilla bug that has artifact bone/shell crafts showing up as made of iron.  Especially since Griz mentioned the moody cook grabbing turtle shells first.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Yea, the structure of the raws prevent and massive glitches like making one regnant from another, so I'm willing to put this down to another thing for toady to fix.

He is a busy man, and this is a free game...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 642