Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: I am so SICK OF GOLD.  (Read 16890 times)

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am so SICK OF GOLD.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 07:38:29 am »

You could mix 3 gold with 1 copper bar for some rose gold. It's pink. I hope one can make furniture out of rose gold, because I totally will. Pink fortress FTW.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 09:24:04 am »

Grind all the gold into dust and make a drowning/choking trap with it
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Wintrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 09:42:13 am »

Make a vault and fill it with gold, rose gold and electrum coins. Trow in a duck for good measure.
Dwarfs being in love with gold. "What? No, we only say that to get it into bed."

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 10:00:54 am »

You could mix 3 gold with 1 copper bar for some rose gold. It's pink. I hope one can make furniture out of rose gold, because I totally will. Pink fortress FTW.

Ha!  I've already been planning out a rose gold industry in my current fort - I'm already nearly drowning in tetrahedrite anyway, so I don't need to worry about wasting copper.  :P  And it would make for a nice metal to use in a palatial area.  Just need to find some gold...
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:36 am »

I don't know about you fellows, but if there was any metal that I could have an insane surplus of, it'd be gold. It's a shame that I couldn't make it into armour or weaponry, but that doesn't mean I can't stud everything under the sun with it.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 10:29:22 am »

Cover the embark site in gold floors, gold walls, gold ramps and gold statues inbetween the trees.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 10:33:29 am »

You could also encase a bunch of megabeasts, GCS, forgotten beasts, HFS, and such in gold and put them above your main fortress entrance, with the words: "ENVADE THIS, BITCHES" engraved on it. In gold.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:50:09 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 10:42:36 am »

Ha!  I've already been planning out a rose gold industry in my current fort - I'm already nearly drowning in tetrahedrite anyway, so I don't need to worry about wasting copper.  :P  And it would make for a nice metal to use in a palatial area.  Just need to find some gold...

If you have ample silver from the tetrahedrite(or other ores) you can make Black Bronze instead with Gold, Silver and Copper. Not as valuable, but it's purple (despite the name) which is infinitely more awesome than pink.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 10:50:40 am »

I was under the impression that the only reason for UNHOLY levels of ore is so that new players (Who don't know how to change files) have enough stuff to learn how to play, then when they want things harder they gradually tone down the ore.

I don't see how having more materials to do random things you want to with makes it any "harder".

The increase of lignite and coal is a damn godsend though.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Onamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 11:04:35 am »

I was under the impression that the only reason for UNHOLY levels of ore is so that new players (Who don't know how to change files) have enough stuff to learn how to play, then when they want things harder they gradually tone down the ore.

I don't see how having more materials to do random things you want to with makes it any "harder".

The increase of lignite and coal is a damn godsend though.

Definitely, now that magma is , you know, over 100 levels below the surface.
...a massive, golden, middle finger... to let the damn goblins who attack every merchant caravan that comes through know what I think of them.

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 11:05:43 am »

If one is sick of gold, one is not dwarf enough yet :D
There is never too much gold, or gems, or booze!
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 11:32:34 am »

I personally like the increased amount of stuff. After all, you need all the metal you can get when one of the numerous HFS find a diagonal tile you forgot to wall in.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:01 am »

If you have ample silver from the tetrahedrite(or other ores) you can make Black Bronze instead with Gold, Silver and Copper. Not as valuable, but it's purple (despite the name) which is infinitely more awesome than pink.

Ah, nice. You want to mix it with Rose Gold though, as Black Bronze is actually purple on brown, something which looks awful for doors, etc. Rose Gold is pink on purple. Bismuth is the same color also, but can't be forged into anything.

But definitely, Black Bronze for walls & floors, Rose Gold for everything else. Gives a nice contrast.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 11:57:49 am »

You could also encase a bunch of megabeasts, GCS, forgotten beasts, HFS, and such in gold and put them above your main fortress entrance, with the words: "ENVADE THIS, BITCHES" engraved on it. In gold.

I am sigging this for its sheer hilarity.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 12:23:09 pm »

This is a Dwarven Museum. It is made of the highest craftdwarfship. It menaces with spikes of rose gold. It is engraved with the image of a tentacle demon, a Giant Cave Spider, and a dwarf. The tentacle demon is committing a depraved act upon the Giant Cave Spider. The Giant Cave Spider is laying webs. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5