Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: I am so SICK OF GOLD.  (Read 16885 times)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am so SICK OF GOLD.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:31 pm »

Build a road of gold.

Line that road with golden statues.

Make bedrooms out of nothing but gold.

Make a giant golden tower.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »

Okay, modding did nothing. How can I mod gold to be used in any kind of metal object? I really want my dwarves to be garbed entirely in gold clothes! The traders will be blinded by my yellow!

The raws are stored in the saved game now. Those are the ones you need to change. I don't think the wiki has any data on what requires a world regen and what doesn't sadly.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

Build a road of gold.

better yet... make a road out of gold blocks. Then designate it as a burrow named "the yellow brick road"

bonus points for making an adamantite fortress at the end, also with its own burrow called "Oz" you might need the infinite adamantite generator to do this...

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 11:08:36 pm »

Build a road of gold.

better yet... make a road out of gold blocks. Then designate it as a burrow named "the yellow brick road"

bonus points for making an adamantite fortress at the end, also with its own burrow called "Oz" you might need the infinite adamantite generator to do this...
No, no, Oz was green. It'd have to be made of green glass.

And yeah, gold bars is what I mean.

Build a golden road lined with golden statues mounted on golden arches built above the golden road. Cover everything will gold plates, construct everything out of gold, make a giant tower of gold...

That'll get rid of your gold.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 11:44:00 pm »

Don't forget a solid gold spiketrap and solid gold cages for your enemies.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 12:10:26 am »

Oz was only green outside. Give everyone inside some sort of green glasses / goggles.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 12:26:23 am »

Wouldn't it be ironic if the oh-so-vain nobles became coated in molten gold during a unfortunate accident? At least they would be suffecently rich.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 12:35:16 am »

Wouldn't it be ironic if the oh-so-vain nobles became coated in molten gold during a unfortunate accident? At least they would be suffecently rich.
OH OH OH NOW I have to build a big cauldron 3-4 tiles wide made of iron and run magma all around it then toss in gold bars and see what happens.

eeeee

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 12:54:11 am »

Oz was only green outside. Give everyone inside some sort of green glasses / goggles.

SSSH! Don't ruin the dreams of the sad people who only ever watched the movie!
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 01:00:56 am »

Yeah, there's far more natural resources now. In my last fortress I had a small mountain of coal and lignite after a short while. In this one, I now have a total of 71 rough, cut and large gems.

Here I was thinking I had just gotten lucky. Methinks Toady should maybe tone things down just a little bit ;) .
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 01:34:17 am »

Yeah, there's far more natural resources now. In my last fortress I had a small mountain of coal and lignite after a short while. In this one, I now have a total of 71 rough, cut and large gems.

Here I was thinking I had just gotten lucky. Methinks Toady should maybe tone things down just a little bit ;) .

you can always tone down the frequency of the materials spawning in the raws if it bothers you  ;D

CrackFile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 02:50:49 am »

Personally I am happy to gave gold for once. And it is balanced by the occasional GCS that eats urist mchauler while he goes for it. Previously in order to buy out a caravan I had to spend like 10 minutes marking talc mugs for trade, but now it takes only a fraction of the time with native gold goblets
Decency and Logic have been struck down

TBot Alpha

• Bay Watcher
  • TBot Alpha has gone insane!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 04:24:37 am »

It seems closer to dwarves in most fantasy now, as we dig and dig and find enough ores and gems to make truly epic constructions.

Metal paving and gem windows for all!
Quote from: Mr. Mcguffin
After six dwarves died via suicide brigade tactics, the alliphant retreated a few steps, and then exploded.

Best. Game. Ever.

My miner fell in an underground sea of magma while wrestling a troglodyte in mid-air.

Rimbecano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 06:26:59 am »

It may be that it's being done because of some new game mechanic that he's trying to test out, either with ores themselves or with the derived metals. If things are more common, then it's easier to spot bugs. Maybe?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 06:41:56 am »

I was under the impression that the only reason for UNHOLY levels of ore is so that new players (Who don't know how to change files) have enough stuff to learn how to play, then when they want things harder they gradually tone down the ore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5